No

Other (explain below)

Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44502 Jul 6, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Premiums will go up for those who now have ' substandard '
policies. As they should. Now you have to buy good insurance.
As it stands now 41% of health care costs are overhead
management costs ( paperwork ). Medicare has only an
8% overhead cost. The AHCA will be an improvement.

You f*cking idiot, you are absolutely clueless!

Just STFU and Kill Yourself!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#44503 Jul 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
According to Edmond police, it happened when the LibertyFest parade was over. The float was headed towards the staging area at Ayers Street and Baumann Avenue. Authorities say the child fell or jumped off the float, that's when he was run over by the back wheels of the trailer.
This on News 9 about the accident happening after the parade was over. Now judge this
funny, Clueless and off topic!
==========
Okay Tamara, you are mostly right. No fireworks at Parade. The parade was a lead-up to the fireworks display later that evening when the parents would likely have a 7-year old at home.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44504 Jul 6, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Okay Tamara, you are mostly right. No fireworks at Parade. The parade was a lead-up to the fireworks display later that evening when the parents would likely have a 7-year old at home.
Good Morning to you!
I am not a fan of fireworks. I would be fine with a ban on fireworks and only having organized displays. Yes I know accidents can happen with this also.
Man I can not believe the cost of fireworks now days. I can not believe what people spend on them and that includes my family.

Location hidden

#44505 Jul 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning to you!
I am not a fan of fireworks. I would be fine with a ban on fireworks and only having organized displays. Yes I know accidents can happen with this also.
Man I can not believe the cost of fireworks now days. I can not believe what people spend on them and that includes my family.
==========
Buenos Dias to you too!

Funny thing, my kids were never exposed to fireworks at home. Occasionally I took them to a public display. But for the most part I kept fireworks out of their hands and away from them.

Now my oldest son is grown and a senior at OSU and on the 4th he hung out with friends who along with him, wait for it, set off fireworks. I can no longer protect him from evil of fireworks. My youngest son gets it and will not set off fireworks of any kind or hang where others are setting them off.

Good to hear none of you were injured by fireworks, this year.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44506 Jul 6, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Buenos Dias to you too!
Funny thing, my kids were never exposed to fireworks at home. Occasionally I took them to a public display. But for the most part I kept fireworks out of their hands and away from them.
Now my oldest son is grown and a senior at OSU and on the 4th he hung out with friends who along with him, wait for it, set off fireworks. I can no longer protect him from evil of fireworks. My youngest son gets it and will not set off fireworks of any kind or hang where others are setting them off.
Good to hear none of you were injured by fireworks, this year.
You have a son at OSU. Several of my grandson's friend are headed there in the fall. My grandson is going to OU. It seems harder to believe I have a grandson heading off for college than when I sent my own kids. I am excited for these young people and I hope this country gets it's shit together where they have a better place to live.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44507 Jul 6, 2013
In August 2012, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney supported Obama’s stance against voter ID when he said:

"And on the voter ID case, I can tell you that, as you know, this administration believes it should be easier for eligible citizens to vote - to register and vote. We should not be imposing unnecessary obstacles or barriers to voter participation."

In a typical case of Obama hypocrisy, we learn that the US government gave the Kenyan government $53 million to help fund a program called ‘My ID My Life.’ The program assists the younger generation to obtain National identification cards. Kenyan law requires that all citizens have the national ID cards before they are allowed to register to vote. Supposedly, the program helped to get over 500,000 people registered to vote prior the Kenyan elections held in March of this year.

So how does Obama and his cronies justify paying millions of dollars, that we don’t have, to help Kenyans get ID cards that are necessary for voter registration while at the same time legally challenging similar programs and laws here in the US?

Journalist and Senior Fellow with the American Civil Rights Union, Robert Knight is asking the same question when he told OneNewsNow:

"The irony is that the president is using taxpayer dollars to promote something in Africa that he is actively suppressing in the United States, and calling people names who are promoting that very thing."

"This is an administration, you understand, whose Justice Department struck down voter ID laws in South Carolina and Texas just before the 2012 elections and has said over and over that states that are trying to require photo ID are motivated solely by political bias."

Not only does Obama endorse their National ID card being required to register to vote, but he spends OUR money to make it happen.
Jesse

United States

#44508 Jul 6, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
You f*cking idiot, you are absolutely clueless!
Just STFU and Kill Yourself!
Is this a terroristic threat?
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44509 Jul 6, 2013
PH, I thought you might appreciate this.

NSA Agent caught spying on people

http://youtu.be/F9gtV-rSyEc

Location hidden

#44510 Jul 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>You have a son at OSU. Several of my grandson's friend are headed there in the fall. My grandson is going to OU. It seems harder to believe I have a grandson heading off for college than when I sent my own kids. I am excited for these young people and I hope this country gets it's shit together where they have a better place to live.
==========
The country is the people and the people always get the governance they deserve. Keep electing the same people like Inhofe, Coburn, Fallin down, Mullin, Bridenstine, Lucas, Cole, Bartlett here in Tulsa, and similar others, keep getting the same results. As long as those kind of people keep getting elected this country will NEVER be a better place to live. Guaranteed.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44511 Jul 6, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
The country is the people and the people always get the governance they deserve. Keep electing the same people like Inhofe, Coburn, Fallin down, Mullin, Bridenstine, Lucas, Cole, Bartlett here in Tulsa, and similar others, keep getting the same results. As long as those kind of people keep getting elected this country will NEVER be a better place to live. Guaranteed.
You maybe right but as of late I haven't see to many democrats doing us any favors. I didn't see Brad Henry doing much for Oklahoma and with a President like Obama that thinks money either grows on trees or is planted in the ground to grow We have no prayer of a chance to improve. Reid and Pelosi has robbed this country blind so what I see the fault now lies on both sides of the fence.

Location hidden

#44512 Jul 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>You maybe right but as of late I haven't see to many democrats doing us any favors. I didn't see Brad Henry doing much for Oklahoma and with a President like Obama that thinks money either grows on trees or is planted in the ground to grow We have no prayer of a chance to improve. Reid and Pelosi has robbed this country blind so what I see the fault now lies on both sides of the fence.
==========
The Democrats never had a chance with all of the obstruction from the other side, even to the extent of Republicans going against their own proposals that are good for country if it will mean Obama and Democrats are getting it done.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44513 Jul 6, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
The Democrats never had a chance with all of the obstruction from the other side, even to the extent of Republicans going against their own proposals that are good for country if it will mean Obama and Democrats are getting it done.
I don't want Obama getting thing done. I think he is putting forth more negative in this country and abroad. He has torn this country apart more than anyone else in our history. He is not a President for the people whether they be Democrat or Republican. He is a President only for Himself!

Location hidden

#44514 Jul 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I don't want Obama getting thing done. I think he is putting forth more negative in this country and abroad. He has torn this country apart more than anyone else in our history. He is not a President for the people whether they be Democrat or Republican. He is a President only for Himself!
==========
Considering all the opposition he's faced from day one, and continues to face from the right, he is doing a fair job.

He is still the President for a lot of Americans because his approvals remain high, even considering all that has been shot at him from the right.

Even with latest barrage of attacks concerning NSA and IRS, he has an unprecedented approval rating of 45%. That is down a few points over last month. If the right keeps obstructing, misrepresenting the truth, they may be able to bring Obama and Democrats down, and the same old tired and tried folks and outdated ideas and proposals will be in the forefront again.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44515 Jul 6, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>It's not a matter if its essential to a citizens quality of life. It's freedom to do as one chooses and self responsibility. People do not need the government to give them permission or tell them how to live. People do not need the government acting as if the people are stupid and the government knows better.

In progressive Liberal'Loon's Land, they believe Federal Government Trumps All and the Constitution and Bill of Rights and Limited Powers of Government, no longer apply. They truly believe Obama has a Mandate from his second election to round up everyone and back to the Government Plantation for All. Those kind of ignorant people should be rounded up by our military, tried at Gitmo and convicted and executed all in the same day.

Thanks for the NSA eaves-dropping video, lol.

I thought you might could appreciate this one from way back also...

Whether or not you love or hate the scholarship and media presentations of the University of Chicago's Milton Friedman, I think you have to appreciate his articulate response on this historic Phil Donohue Show episode. Many of the current dire warnings about entitlements were predicted by him as one of the cornerstones in his 1970's PBS Series on "Free to Choose." We just didn't listen as we poured on unbooked national debt (over $100 trillion and not counting) for future generations to deal with rather than pay as we went so to speak!

The Grand Old Scholar/Researcher on the subject of greed in economics
Video: Milton Friedman answers Phil Donohue's questions about capitalism.
http://www.cs.trinity.edu/~rjensen/temp/Milto...
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44516 Jul 6, 2013
The Fake Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>Is this a terroristic threat?

No, just a Domestic Suggestion.

I didn't tell you?

Must not be any of your damn business!

Now STFU too!
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44517 Jul 6, 2013
For years, the government has gotten by without having to produce the kind of financial statements that are required of most significant for-profit and nonprofit enterprises. The U.S. Treasury "balance sheet" does list liabilities such as Treasury debt issued to the public, federal employee pensions, and post-retirement health benefits. But it does not include the unfunded liabilities of Medicare, Social Security and other outsized and very real obligations. As a result, fiscal policy discussions generally focus on current-year budget deficits, the accumulated national debt, and the relationships between these two items and gross domestic product. We most often hear about the alarming $16.96 trillion national debt (more than 100% of GDP), and the 2012 budget deficit of $1.1 trillion (6.97% of GDP). As dangerous as those numbers are, they do not begin to tell the story of the federal government's true liabilities.

The actual liabilities of the federal government, including Social Security, Medicare, and federal employees' future retirement benefits, already exceed $86.8 trillion, or 550% of GDP. For the year ending Dec. 31, 2011, the annual accrued expense of Medicare and Social Security was $7 trillion. Nothing like that figure is used in calculating the deficit. In reality, the reported budget deficit is less than one-fifth of the more accurate figure. Why haven't Americans heard about the titanic $86.8 trillion liability from these programs? One reason: The actual figures do not appear in black and white on any balance sheet. But it is possible to discover them. Included in the annual Medicare Trustees' report are separate actuarial estimates of the unfunded liability for Medicare Part A (the hospital portion), Part B (medical insurance) and Part D (prescription drug coverage). As of the most recent Trustees' report in April, the net present value of the unfunded liability of Medicare was $42.8 trillion. The comparable balance sheet liability for Social Security is $20.5 trillion.

Were American policy makers to have the benefit of transparent financial statements prepared the way public companies must report their pension liabilities, they would see clearly the magnitude of the future borrowing that these liabilities imply. Borrowing on this scale could eclipse the capacity of global capital markets and bankrupt not only the programs themselves but the entire federal government. These real-world impacts will be felt when currently unfunded liabilities need to be paid. In theory, the Medicare and Social Security trust funds have at least some money to pay a portion of the bills that are coming due. In actuality, the cupboard is bare: 100% of the payroll taxes for these programs were spent in the same year they were collected. In exchange for the payroll taxes that aren't paid out in benefits to current retirees in any given year, the trust funds got nonmarketable Treasury debt. Now, as the baby boomers' promised benefits swamp the payroll-tax collections from today's workers, the government has to swap the trust funds' nonmarketable securities for marketable Treasury debt. The Treasury will then have to sell not only this debt, but far more, in order to pay the benefits as they come due.
CONTINUED NEXT POST...
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44518 Jul 6, 2013
CONTINUED FROM LAST POST...
When combined with funding the general cash deficits, these multitrillion-dollar Treasury operations will dominate the capital markets in the years ahead, particularly given China's de-emphasis of new investment in U.S. Treasurys in favor of increasing foreign direct investment and Japan's and Europe's own sovereign-debt challenges. When the accrued expenses of the government's entitlement programs are counted, it becomes clear that to collect enough tax revenue just to avoid going deeper into debt would require over $8 trillion in tax collections annually. That is the total of the average annual accrued liabilities of just the two largest entitlement programs, plus the annual cash deficit. Nothing like that $8 trillion amount is available for the IRS to target. According to the most recent tax data, all individuals filing tax returns in America and earning more than $66,193 per year have a total adjusted gross income of $5.1 trillion. In 2006, when corporate taxable income peaked before the recession, all corporations in the U.S. had total income for tax purposes of $1.6 trillion. That comes to $6.7 trillion available to tax from these individuals and corporations under existing tax laws.

In short, if the government confiscated the entire adjusted gross income of these American taxpayers, plus all of the corporate taxable income in the year before the recession, it wouldn't be nearly enough to fund the over $8 trillion per year in the growth of U.S. liabilities. Some public officials and pundits claim we can dig our way out through tax increases on upper-income earners, or even all taxpayers. In reality, that would amount to bailing out the Pacific Ocean with a teaspoon. Only by addressing these unsustainable spending commitments can the nation's debt and deficit problems be solved. Neither the public nor policy makers will be able to fully understand and deal with these issues unless the government publishes financial statements that present the government's largest financial liabilities in accordance with well-established norms in the private sector. When the new Congress convenes in January, making the numbers clear and establishing policies that finally address them before it is too late, should be a top order of business.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44519 Jul 6, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>==========
People like Bridenstine, Inhofe, & TW Shannon are the ones that keep it from speeding off the side of a cliff into a complete hellhole.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44520 Jul 6, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>==========
The Dems and Obama had 2 years of their own of their to do whatever they wanted to do and what they did was hand us train wreck after train wreck.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44521 Jul 6, 2013
BIXBY, Oklahoma - Josh Vincent, the father of the Bixby girl who was hit by a stray bullet at an Okmulgee fireworks show, says detectives from the Okmulgee Police Department visited the family last night.

They told the family they have developed some leads in the case but are still investigating. They said they recovered a shell casing in the area.

There was NO MENTION of banning or outlawing Fireworks, NO MENTION of banning or outlawing Guns or Bullets, there was Mention that the hunt is on for the dirtbag that pulled a trigger that released that bullet into the air that came right back down and struck the child.

Make plans for more Fireworks again next year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broken Bow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We Could Really Use Frank Right Now 7 hr Wicker Basket Case 1
Iabel Hospital Oct 18 Concerned 2
Ole Herb Matlocks truck Oct 17 me o my 12
missing pitbulls in the hugo area, anyone got i... Oct 17 tom e 2
2nd Dallas Worker Tests Positive For Ebola Oct 15 Colonel Walter E ... 1
The Number One Problem On This Planet Right Now Oct 14 LocustAbortionTec... 1
Does anybody KNOW ANY SHOMOS r a HENRY TREMAIN ... (Feb '10) Oct 13 van 7
Broken Bow Dating
Find my Match

Broken Bow Jobs