OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,568 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

MistyGirl

United States

#29757 Sep 15, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I write them letters. I think they have more impact that way.
I don't trust our Military Industrial Complex to make the right decisions based on America's needs and goals. Profit is far to often the motive.
I personally do not know what the best course of action is to break their backs. The thought of hitting Mecca and Medina during the Haj would make a huge statement. I don't trust Muslims at all. We are told the radicals are the smallest part of that religion and they are the ones doing the killing.
I disagree with that because the families of suicide bombers and people in the general populace support the killings. I read books on this subject and the point is always understated. The general populace of Muslims agree with what the radicals are doing.
That is why I say use tactical nukes on their strongholds. Destroy their monuments and end as many Muslims as possible at one time.
I would also agree with encouraging legal Americans to arm and prepare to defend themselves. America is the target and there are many extremists here. As a matter of fact, the FBI has been monitoring Oklahoma City's Muslim community since the early '90s. I was reading about it before the OKC bombing.
We certainly have people here in our country who wish to harm us. Our borders aren't remotely secure. It's a worrisome time for Americans and with the recession and so many families hurting financially the last thing anyone needs is more stress.

We all must be vigilant and aware.
asdf

Perkins, OK

#29758 Sep 15, 2012
Dee Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the country and this seems so different more intense to me. I'm in my late 60's and retired so I experienced what wartime was like and my parents were WWII generation but this is scarier to me.
It is intense, but living in the country means you are less likely to get hit by a suicide bomb. They don't come out to the country, they look for places full of people that have the most impact. Plus, you can stand on your front porch with a shotgun and blow someone away if they come to your property and you feel threatened.

I would also suggest everyone acquiring a carry permit and a pistol.
Silver7

United States

#29759 Sep 15, 2012
Dee Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the country and this seems so different more intense to me. I'm in my late 60's and retired so I experienced what wartime was like and my parents were WWII generation but this is scarier to me.
This is the first time we are expecting to be attacked by people living here on our soil. We are expecting fighting in the streets and our government is questionable at best.

I'm 44, a Navy vet, and a former Executive Security Officer. This environment is very troubling.
Silver7

United States

#29760 Sep 15, 2012
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
It is intense, but living in the country means you are less likely to get hit by a suicide bomb. They don't come out to the country, they look for places full of people that have the most impact. Plus, you can stand on your front porch with a shotgun and blow someone away if they come to your property and you feel threatened.
I would also suggest everyone acquiring a carry permit and a pistol.
I believe in having a tactical retreat. It is much closer here in the country.
Keep your guns clean, ammo dry, and keep them close at hand.

You know, Dusty calls everyone that lives in Oklahoma names. Does he realize his state is for all intents and purposes, bankrupt? Talk about living in a state where the worst liberals come from and legislate...and their policies have screwed the state. Oh, Arnold was a Republican by name only. look at his actions.
MistyGirl

United States

#29761 Sep 15, 2012
pappy wrote:
welll howdy doodie folks, now just how mad would you be if your religion was defamed as the muslims were in the so called movie. No blame for the makers. did you know that one of them also hates all Mormons for their religion and has a web site telling how much he hates them. As well as hating the muslims. If they were so innocent then why did they run and hide and one ask for protection. Teh movie makers were responsible for the deaths of alll 4 of thsoe killed. Did you people blame bush for the warning he got before 9/11. Or did you not knwo that Bush was warned on Aug 6, 2001 and had been warned 4or 5 times before about a terrorist attack against America. But he just ignorred the Aug 6 warning while on vacation in Crawfors Texas at his ranch. Still ignoring the facts. Just how many of you fine folks went down to the recruiting station after 9/11 and in your patriotic indignation signed pon teh dotted line to defent your country----men and women both were welconme to do so. I do not think bu maybe one or 2 of you did. Did not feel patriotic enough huh. Did you ever feel patriotic enough to welcone one of them back hime, I doubt it. Every been to an army base to welcome those troops back home--that is the ones able to walk off that bus and fly back home. How many of you nice folks ever walked the floor over worrying about the son or daughter that has been sent to battle in a war that never had real meaning and pur[pose in going to that war. And the reason was never found--WMDs were never found in IRAG and was newver there. thats what several soldiers asked on their return home on leave. And you folks talk like you want another war,just go and join up that nice recruiter is just waiting for you.
Katmandu told you in an earlier post that many on here are vets or have family members who are vets so yes they understand what war is and how horrible war is. I don't believe anyone takes the personal sacrifices these soldiers and their families take on our behalf lightly. I know I sure don't!
asdf

Perkins, OK

#29762 Sep 15, 2012
Someone made the comment about people acting like they knew this was coming. A lot of people did and a lot people have been preparing for this for about 2 years. A lot of us were warning it right before elections. We told people what was going to happen and they voted him in anyway. EVERY THING we warned about has happened, plus some, and people still don't listen. They can call us crazy, just like they do Glenn Beck and a few others, all they want, but the funny thing is they were right and so were we.

Not too long after Obama took office, gun sales went through the roof and now they're at a point where gun manufacturers have had to halt orders because they can't keep up with the demand. A lot of people that I know that I would have never thought would be able to tell something was happening were storing food, paying down their debt so they didn't owe anyone, pulling their money out of the bank, saving, preparing their houses to be sustainable in case there was no electricity or water or the prices being so high no one could afford it. They have been buying ammo, learning how to can food again, planting their own gardens again, learning to hunt, and have moved out of the cities. Then of course there are those people that say I'm not going to do it, I don't have time, I'll just come to your house (big surprise coming for them). Then there are those that say it's okay, Jesus said he would come get us before it happens, so they are walking around in a stupid daze doing nothing. They know what's coming, they just don't want to do anything about it. Jesus NEVER told us we wouldn't go through bad things before he came back. And we are supposed to live as if he isn't coming for a long time. He didn't tell us to sit back and do nothing. These are the people that frustrate me the most, next to the ones with the denial goggles on.
Dee Smith

United States

#29763 Sep 15, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the first time we are expecting to be attacked by people living here on our soil. We are expecting fighting in the streets and our government is questionable at best.
I'm 44, a Navy vet, and a former Executive Security Officer. This environment is very troubling.
My husband keeps telling me not to worry that our military won't let anything happen to us but I know they are busy overseas and we have people just waiting to hurt us over here in our country. He always thinks that the bad stuff isn't going to happen but I know he knows what happened on 9/11 and that could happen again.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#29764 Sep 15, 2012
This is the right wing way. They make excuses for Bush II BLATENTLY LYING to the nation by saying "he got bad advice". Bad advice which resulted in 4,000 of our kids killed and nearly 40,000 maimed and cost this govt more than 2 trillion dollars.

But Obama? Now that's a different story according to them. 4 people got killed and it's all Obama's fault. He is supposed to know everything and be on top of everything at every moment of the day. NOBODY in the history of the USA presidency took more vacation days than Bush II. NOBODY. And yet they blame Obama while whitewashing Bush II. Which is about for racists.
asdf

Perkins, OK

#29765 Sep 15, 2012
My husband and I started raising rabbits a few years ago. The reason being was bc they reproduce quickly and it's high protein meat. They are very large rabbits, not something you find in the woods. We make fairly good money selling them right now, it's just a small side thing next to our regular jobs. We knew nothing about breeding them and such but started learning to do it so we would have a food source. We also did this with other things, learned to garden, learned to can, we grew up in the generation that had no idea how to do this. We are getting ready to move further away from the city with family so that we'll be able to help each other, although I'm afraid we may be too late for that. I now own my first pistol and shotgun after a whole lifetime of saying I never wanted guns in my house. The rabbits that we dont sell we butcher and put in the freezer that we bought just for this. We've been doing this for about two years now. I hate cooking but have been trying to learn how to cook everything from what we are able to grow and kill. It hasn't been easy. I had my first taste of rabbit the other day and didn't like it all lol haven't been able to find a way to cook deer meat to make it a way that I like either. Just deer jerky
asdf

Perkins, OK

#29766 Sep 15, 2012
Dee Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband keeps telling me not to worry that our military won't let anything happen to us but I know they are busy overseas and we have people just waiting to hurt us over here in our country. He always thinks that the bad stuff isn't going to happen but I know he knows what happened on 9/11 and that could happen again.
You need to tell your husband that they are living all around us. They don't need to come over here, they're already here. It's only a matter of time.
asdf

Perkins, OK

#29767 Sep 15, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in having a tactical retreat. It is much closer here in the country.
Keep your guns clean, ammo dry, and keep them close at hand.
You know, Dusty calls everyone that lives in Oklahoma names. Does he realize his state is for all intents and purposes, bankrupt? Talk about living in a state where the worst liberals come from and legislate...and their policies have screwed the state. Oh, Arnold was a Republican by name only. look at his actions.
States like his will be the ones that are killed off first. Imagine living in New York City when the SHTF. They don't own guns, they have no idea to take care themselves, they have never seen a garden, they haven't been preparing for anything because they live in a state of utopia. They won't be laughing at us when it happens and they're starving or have no protection. They will be part of the ones trying to get through your door to get your food and things out of desperateness. Just like Greece.

Location hidden

#29768 Sep 15, 2012
You shouldn't be eating your own kin.
MistyGirl

United States

#29769 Sep 15, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
This is the right wing way. They make excuses for Bush II BLATENTLY LYING to the nation by saying "he got bad advice". Bad advice which resulted in 4,000 of our kids killed and nearly 40,000 maimed and cost this govt more than 2 trillion dollars.
But Obama? Now that's a different story according to them. 4 people got killed and it's all Obama's fault. He is supposed to know everything and be on top of everything at every moment of the day. NOBODY in the history of the USA presidency took more vacation days than Bush II. NOBODY. And yet they blame Obama while whitewashing Bush II. Which is about for racists.
Dusty you and I have discussed Bush II several times and I told you I didn't agree with many of his decisions, I thought his spending was completely out of hand. Then along comes Obama and he likes government and spending and spending some more. This debt is destroying our country it has to be brought under control.

What is happening in the M.E. is very distrubing and we aren't proactive we are reactive to what is going on there. The why question has yet to be answered fully.

Location hidden

#29770 Sep 15, 2012
MistyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusty you and I have discussed Bush II several times and I told you I didn't agree with many of his decisions, I thought his spending was completely out of hand. Then along comes Obama and he likes government and spending and spending some more. This debt is destroying our country it has to be brought under control.
What is happening in the M.E. is very distrubing and we aren't proactive we are reactive to what is going on there. The why question has yet to be answered fully.
You just aren't going to have it any way but the right wing way are you? Bush II said he was being "proactive" with Iraq. And that was a war crime by the USA. Now you want proactive again. Exactly what do you want Obama to do? Declare war on the entire Muslim world? We don't have the military for that. They outnumber our entire country by 6-1 and they don't fight wars for 10 years. They fight wars for a thousand years. Is that what you want? What do you fcking want the man to do Misty? Or are you just bitching like all the other old far right wing idiots?
asdf

Perkins, OK

#29771 Sep 15, 2012
This is what Nettanyahu said in interview with NBC's David Gregory.

“I think Iran is very different. They put their zealotry above their survival. They have suicide bombers all over the place– I wouldn’t rely on their rationality. Since the advent of nuclear weapons, you had countries that had access [that] always made a careful calculation of costs and benefits. But Iran is guided by a leadership with an unbelievable fanaticism. It’s the same fanaticism that you see swarming your embassies…You want these fanatics to have nuclear weapons?

“I mean I heard some people suggest, David– I actually read this in the American press– they said,‘Well, you know, if you take action, that’s a lot worse than having Iran with nuclear weapons.’ Some have even said that Iran with nuclear weapons would stabilize the Middle East…I think the people who say this have set a new standard for human stupidity.”

He would be correct
Silver7

United States

#29772 Sep 15, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the Native Americans, the Salem "witches", the victims of the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, The victims of black churches being bombed, abortion staff having acid thrown in their faces, the abortion doctors being killed, The victims of a thousand preachers and televangelists. The only difference in you and the Taliban is you want to nuke them because we have nukes and they want to nuke us but don't have nukes. Yet. You are just a delectable and despicable as they are except in one respect. You're a bigger hypocrite than they are.
You just like to gripe. Your references are mostly ancient. The abortion thing isn't always Christians.

They do want to nuke us. I'd like to hit them first. There is no hypocrisy. You just argue to argue because you accept whatever happens and defend it. You don't stand for anything. You stand against everything.
Silver7

United States

#29773 Sep 15, 2012
If the worst happens, I am prepared to work with the police to keep order. I plan to volunteer my services because I am experienced and have my own gear.
If they decline, I will ask the OK National Guard if I can work with them.

One thing is for certain. I will not be defending the actions of extremists on our soil taking the lives of our families and friends. I will be fighting and killing them without guilt.
Silver7

United States

#29774 Sep 15, 2012
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
States like his will be the ones that are killed off first. Imagine living in New York City when the SHTF. They don't own guns, they have no idea to take care themselves, they have never seen a garden, they haven't been preparing for anything because they live in a state of utopia. They won't be laughing at us when it happens and they're starving or have no protection. They will be part of the ones trying to get through your door to get your food and things out of desperateness. Just like Greece.
I lived in Dallas/Ft. Worth before I moved here. I lived most of my life there. After 9/11, I just wanted to get away from the city.

I feel safer here, but my ex-wife and son live in Ft. Worth. They know to come here if something happens.

Since: Sep 12

Groningen, Netherlands

#29775 Sep 16, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
We must come out of the Mid-East.
"The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace."
I agree, there are plenty of issues to deal with inside the USA. Those should be our first priority.

Since: Sep 12

Groningen, Netherlands

#29776 Sep 16, 2012
Dee Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Dee,

Don't live in fear. If you do that, they've already beaten you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broken Bow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Joan Kendrick Mon Boston_ Terrier5 6
Pena May 29 Smoldering Scorpi... 1
Give me that old time religion, it's good enoug... May 29 Skeleton Breath 1
All Eyes On Phoenix Arizona May 29 Awake And Dreaming 2
America's Mental Health Care Is Broken Completely May 28 she was on reddit 2
News Person wanted in fatal shooting found walking a... May 27 Erica J 5
stealing May 26 wondering 1
More from around the web

Broken Bow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE