brad porton arrainment (sc)

brad porton arrainment (sc)

Posted in the Broken Bow Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
for_himanity

United States

#1 Apr 30, 2012
Can someone keep me updated on what happens at the courthouse reguarding this case? Would love to be there protesting, but couldn't miss work! Would love to be a voice for those who chose not to speak.
for_humanity

United States

#2 Apr 30, 2012
Don't know why that posted twice! Lol
Good

United States

#3 Apr 30, 2012
for_humanity wrote:
Don't know why that posted twice! Lol
I was told only one protester shpwed up...evidently the rest took the advice of some who posted last night aboit waiting until there are bigger court dates for him....i heard an officer snatched the sign away from the protester......but i cant confirm that
Good

United States

#4 Apr 30, 2012
To my knowledge he will not be arraigned until later today....its the biggest molestation case in mccurtain counties history....one of the biggest according to mccurtain county gazette....yet the bond was set so extremely low.....i think that is why so many citizens are upset....people think it is his family influence that played a part in low bond

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5 Apr 30, 2012
The court site says his initial appearance is 2:00 pm tomorrow (5/1/12). http://www1.odcr.com/detail...
for_humanity

United States

#6 Apr 30, 2012
I agree!!!! Money definatly talks, unfortunately now I sound like my grandmother! I don't understand how he isn't a threat to society! This is both disgusting and disturbing. My heart breaks for the families and victims! This man however seems to have Johnny tadlock on speed dial. They are more concerned with his safety than the kids involved!
Supporter for the VICTIMS

Haslet, TX

#7 Apr 30, 2012
Good wrote:
<quoted text>
I was told only one protester shpwed up...evidently the rest took the advice of some who posted last night aboit waiting until there are bigger court dates for him....i heard an officer snatched the sign away from the protester......but i cant confirm that
Is that not a violation of that persons constitutional right? Someone please correct me of I am wrong.
96 savage

New Hyde Park, NY

#8 Apr 30, 2012
Supporter for the VICTIMS wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that not a violation of that persons constitutional right? Someone please correct me of I am wrong.
they should be able to protest.. I protest on wall street here in ny with no problems as long as your not trying to fight you can have signs and whatever..
spell check

United States

#10 Apr 30, 2012
for_humanity wrote:
I agree!!!! Money definatly talks, unfortunately now I sound like my grandmother! I don't understand how he isn't a threat to society! This is both disgusting and disturbing. My heart breaks for the families and victims! This man however seems to have Johnny tadlock on speed dial. They are more concerned with his safety than the kids involved!
Mr tadlock is not doing anyone any favors....he is just doing bis job....all law inforcement is doing more than their part..including the da....if u want to point fingers...point them at judge dewitt...he is the one who set such a low bond
really now...

Denison, TX

#11 Apr 30, 2012
spell check wrote:
<quoted text>Mr tadlock is not doing anyone any favors....he is just doing bis job....all law inforcement is doing more than their part..including the da....if u want to point fingers...point them at judge dewitt...he is the one who set such a low bond
I don't know about you, but if I was charged with 18 felonies related to the molestation of children and RAN, I highly doubt that I, or anyone else posting here for that matter, would be getting a phone call from the sheriff asking me to come back and turn myself in. That's called a FAVOR! Because if anyone else caught poor mr porton and his sweet mother, they would have most definitely been handcuffed, put in the back of a police car, and spent more than 40 MINUTES inside a jail, in fact, they would have actually seen the INSIDE of a jail cell. If that's not a favor, or special treatment, then I don't know what is! And this is just the start of it!
mccurtain county voter

Sulphur, OK

#12 Apr 30, 2012
Support4Justice wrote:
The court site says his initial appearance is 2:00 pm tomorrow (5/1/12). http://www1.odcr.com/detail...
This site says he owe $4000.50 Why hasn't this been paid?
for_humanity

United States

#13 Apr 30, 2012
[QUOTE who="really now..."]<quoted text>
I don't know about you, but if I was charged with 18 felonies related to the molestation of children and RAN, I highly doubt that I, or anyone else posting here for that matter, would be getting a phone call from the sheriff asking me to come back and turn myself in. That's called a FAVOR! Because if anyone else caught poor mr porton and his sweet mother, they would have most definitely been handcuffed, put in the back of a police car
, and spent more than 40 MINUTES inside a jail, in fact, they would have actually seen the INSIDE of a jail cell. If that's not a favor, or special treatment, then I don't know what is! And this is just the start of it![/QUOTE]

WELL SAID! and they knew where they were hiding.The paper also said on Thursday I believe authorities were close by waiting for the d.a. to sign the warrent and we all know how that worked out, right? I'm so sorry. There is a part of me that totally sees this man walking free...all because for some reason working at a bank and hospital makes you..."prominent ".
shocked

Marlow, OK

#14 Apr 30, 2012
I just want to clarify: He didn't run. He had permission from the BB police dept to leave the state before the charges were filed. That is why no charges have been filed, and why Brenda charges have not been filed on Brenda as an accessory. They had permission to leave.
really now...

United States

#15 Apr 30, 2012
shocked wrote:
I just want to clarify: He didn't run. He had permission from the BB police dept to leave the state before the charges were filed. That is why no charges have been filed, and why Brenda charges have not been filed on Brenda as an accessory. They had permission to leave.
If that is the case then he truly is getting special treatment. Why on Earth would any law enforcement agency allow a man that is being charged with the LARGEST molestation case in the history of the county LEAVE THE STATE? Hello? Either way it's special treatment. And please do not say that they had his word that he would return..because the word of an accused serial child molester means NOTHING! He lied to parents, he lied to the community and he betrayed everyone he came in contact with, leaving a trail of victims behind him. Anyone else would have been arrested when they seized the evidence at his home, none of us would have had the luxury of roaming the streets while charges where pending, and under no circumstances would ANY of us be allowed to leave the state! If you disagree with that then you must be one of the "in crowd" with the $ and power. Period.
TOPICKS-ADIX

Edmond, OK

#16 Apr 30, 2012
Do you guys not understand that it isn't the sheriff's office? It is John Dewitt...Stop blaming and bashing Johnny. He isn't the one who set his bond. John did!
LAWS are LAWS

Norman, OK

#17 Apr 30, 2012
shocked wrote:
I just want to clarify: He didn't run. He had permission from the BB police dept to leave the state before the charges were filed. That is why no charges have been filed, and why Brenda charges have not been filed on Brenda as an accessory. They had permission to leave.
He had permission to go anywhere he wanted to before the charges were filed as anyone does who has no warrants out for their arrest. However, he knew charges were going to be filed and HIS MOTHER told everyone they had a preplanned vacation planned. The Broken Bow Police does'nt trump the Sherrif's department, and once charges were filed HE should have immediately returned, however HE chose not to. The laws of the state of Oklahoma are the same for all citizens, regardless of race, social status or bank account amount. Had Mr. Tadlock not been kind enough to call them, the possibility of charges being filed against one or both of them were quite high. Vacation plans, and going away to other states to await impending charges is BS in my opinion. This 30 year old man is not going to be able to stand behind his mother's skirt tail for ever. He is going to be held accountable, and face the music regarding the charges that have been filed against him, in accordance with Oklahoma Law and Oklahoma Law does not consider vacation plans of one family to make exeption.
LAWS are LAWS

Norman, OK

#18 Apr 30, 2012
for_humanity wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL SAID! and they knew where they were hiding.The paper also said on Thursday I believe authorities were close by waiting for the d.a. to sign the warrent and we all know how that worked out, right? I'm so sorry. There is a part of me that totally sees this man walking free...all because for some reason working at a bank and hospital makes you..."prominent ".
It does not have to be paid until or unless he is found guilty of the charges. If someone is found innocent they don't have to pay.
LAWS are LAWS

Norman, OK

#19 Apr 30, 2012
TOPICKS-ADIX wrote:
Do you guys not understand that it isn't the sheriff's office? It is John Dewitt...Stop blaming and bashing Johnny. He isn't the one who set his bond. John did!
True true, sherrif's department nor DA's have the power to set bonds, they can suggest bond amounts but the final say is always with the judge in Oklahoma and most all states that I am aware.
LAWS are LAWS

Norman, OK

#20 Apr 30, 2012
[QUOTE who="really now..."]<quoted text>
If that is the case then he truly is getting special treatment. Why on Earth would any law enforcement agency allow a man that is being charged with the LARGEST molestation case in the history of the county LEAVE THE STATE? Hello? Either way it's special treatment. And please do not say that they had his word that he would return..because the word of an accused serial child molester means NOTHING! He lied to parents, he lied to the community and he betrayed everyone he came in contact with, leaving a trail of victims behind him. Anyone else would have been arrested when they seized the evidence at his home, none of us would have had the luxury of roaming the streets while charges where pending, and under no circumstances would ANY of us be allowed to leave the state! If you disagree with that then you must be one of the "in crowd" with the $ and power. Period.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they could have charged him immediately, but the police officers knew this was bigger...much bigger than a few charges they could have immediately gotten filed at the time the search warrant was executed...it took them several days after the search to check and double check and get everything together with the wittnesses and everything...in short...so they could be sure to charge him with everything they had...plus more charges are possible once the drug task force completes their investigation from what I've heard and read in the paper.
shocked

Marlow, OK

#21 Apr 30, 2012
LAWS are LAWS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they could have charged him immediately, but the police officers knew this was bigger...much bigger than a few charges they could have immediately gotten filed at the time the search warrant was executed...it took them several days after the search to check and double check and get everything together with the wittnesses and everything...in short...so they could be sure to charge him with everything they had...plus more charges are possible once the drug task force completes their investigation from what I've heard and read in the paper.
Agreed. If this is to be handled thouroughly, it won't be handled quickly. AND, we the public won't know every single detail that happens, or WHY it's allowed to happen. Which is why I hesitate to jump to any conclusion based on what the paper prints or what people in the community report.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broken Bow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Courthouse corruption (Sep '12) 1 hr facts please 27
News 27 arrested in SE Oklahoma drug sweep (Feb '09) May 21 My Thoughts Are W... 49
Unsolved Homicides in McCurtain County, Oklahoma (Jul '11) May 19 Terrysweeten_1 208
Judges May 4 Truth and consequ... 1
eric owens and martha wes (Mar '14) May 1 Debi Russell 5
Speeding on West Choctaw / Old Broken Bow Highway Apr '17 KWIK-N-EZ 4
Speed Trap Apr '17 Cynthia 1

Broken Bow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Broken Bow Mortgages