news flash: brad porton and brenda po...
notabradfan

Norman, OK

#433 May 4, 2012
oooopppsss..DA is incorrect in the above statement. It should have read DISTRICT JUDGE ELECTION. DISTRICT JUDGE.

sorry mark !!! GO MARK !!
Momcantsaveyouno w

United States

#434 May 4, 2012
notabradfan wrote:
JP LONGACRE FOR DISTRICT JUDGE !!!!! He almost beat Driesel (may god rest his soul, and I honestly mean that) in the last DA election, only lost by a few hundred votes. I bet if JP had won, HE would not have granted a mere $150,000. DeWitt got appointed by the Governor (proper protocol) when Driesel died. I say it is time for change !!!
VOTE JP LONGACRE FOR DISTRICT ATTORNEY !!!
this political announcement was paid for by a former fellow student of Mrs. Spinner.
Don't want people to spread untruths; NOONE has been appointed by the Governor yet. I think they are still in the judicial panel phase of the appointment. Once all applications are received, the panel will review, interview and inform the Governor the top two or three for her to appoint one. DeWitt is an associate judge so he's not even the " interim "District Judge at this time. BTW, I VOTED FOR J.P AND WOULD DO SO AGAIN.
mother of a young boy

United States

#435 May 4, 2012
Momcantsaveyounow wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't want people to spread untruths; NOONE has been appointed by the Governor yet. I think they are still in the judicial panel phase of the appointment. Once all applications are received, the panel will review, interview and inform the Governor the top two or three for her to appoint one. DeWitt is an associate judge so he's not even the " interim "District Judge at this time. BTW, I VOTED FOR J.P AND WOULD DO SO AGAIN.
As would I. I don't know how many of you know this, but there is a hierarchy in our system as well as cliques. For instance,(I just know I'm about to get cursed for this one) there are judges and lawyers that belong to the masons. They are a tight knit group and mason members can get out of just about anything in court and the lawyers use their "inside"connection to win cases. The same rule applies with country clubbers. When people say golf buddy system, it's actually more literal than they think. Also, there are some lawyers who are not well liked and are "outsiders," and therefore often have trouble in cases that are pretty cut and dry in their favor.

Btw, I am NOT saying masons are bad people. They do a lot of charity from what I have seen, and no matter how tight a group is, I refuse to judge them all bard on a.few.
pappy

Flower Mound, TX

#436 May 4, 2012
Mother, thats the good old boys club you speak of, they just do a little golging togather. If a person wnats to be in politics or be reconized in your type of work you got to belong to the good old boys club or you end up outside looking inside and go no where
pappy

Flower Mound, TX

#437 May 5, 2012
Has anyone seen BRAD out in public since he bailed out of jail???
PrayersForAll

Muskogee, OK

#438 May 5, 2012
Praying for everyone involved. Brad should be ashamed of himself. The Lord will see justice for these victims. These victims went to him for counseling, indicating theyve already got something hard to deal with going on in their lives. And he messes with their minds even worse. I pray for strength and courage to help them get through this terrible thing that has happened to them. And I pray the judicial system does not fail them and Brad is punished to the fullest extent.
Momcantsaveyouno w

United States

#439 May 5, 2012
mother of a young boy wrote:
<quoted text>
As would I. I don't know how many of you know this, but there is a hierarchy in our system as well as cliques. For instance,(I just know I'm about to get cursed for this one) there are judges and lawyers that belong to the masons. They are a tight knit group and mason members can get out of just about anything in court and the lawyers use their "inside"connection to win cases. The same rule applies with country clubbers. When people say golf buddy system, it's actually more literal than they think. Also, there are some lawyers who are not well liked and are "outsiders," and therefore often have trouble in cases that are pretty cut and dry in their favor.
Btw, I am NOT saying masons are bad people. They do a lot of charity from what I have seen, and no matter how tight a group is, I refuse to judge them all bard on a.few.
There is some truth in that, there are cliques and there are outsiders, However, the judges have to go pretty much by law, because they know that the losing attorney can appeal their decision to a higher court and have the case remanded back to them to review, or worse have their decision reversed (which doesn't look good). Now with that being said, anybody that works in the field of law knows that "laws/statutes" are basically that persons interpretation. You can ask five attorneys to read the same statute and you could get five different interpretation and/or you can ask an attorney the same question on different days and get two completely different answers. So during a trial the judges decisions are based on his interpretation of the laws. Law is never "cut and dry" being that most of the time, no two cases are the same...there is always something different in each one. Law is complex,its not all black and white, there are a lot of gray areas, therefore, the reason why we have to have attorneys and judges...one vicious cycle. I do agree that we have a real laxed (laid back) court system and maybe a new district judge will tighten the ship and require a more professional
court process. Just my experience from working in the D45,D12 and D64 courts.

I pray the judge gets it right in this case and I pray daily for all that have been physically and mentally hurt by this molester....
big bear

Ringold, OK

#440 May 5, 2012
was told Brad Porton never served on BB city council.
mother of a young boy

United States

#441 May 5, 2012
Momcantsaveyounow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is some truth in that, there are cliques and there are outsiders, However, the judges have to go pretty much by law, because they know that the losing attorney can appeal their decision to a higher court and have the case remanded back to them to review, or worse have their decision reversed (which doesn't look good). Now with that being said, anybody that works in the field of law knows that "laws/statutes" are basically that persons interpretation. You can ask five attorneys to read the same statute and you could get five different interpretation and/or you can ask an attorney the same question on different days and get two completely different answers. So during a trial the judges decisions are based on his interpretation of the laws. Law is never "cut and dry" being that most of the time, no two cases are the same...there is always something different in each one. Law is complex,its not all black and white, there are a lot of gray areas, therefore, the reason why we have to have attorneys and judges...one vicious cycle. I do agree that we have a real laxed (laid back) court system and maybe a new district judge will tighten the ship and require a more professional
court process. Just my experience from working in the D45,D12 and D64 courts.
I pray the judge gets it right in this case and I pray daily for all that have been physically and mentally hurt by this molester....
You are right about the laws and interpretations, however, not many judges in mcco fear an appeal because there are VERY few that could afford it. Also, even if it is appealed, it is most often just sent back to the exact same judge for reconsideration. I can assure you, as I have seen it with my own eyes, these judges here are not always as prudent as most.
The thinker

Monroe, NC

#444 May 9, 2012
McCurtain county has A national reputation for being crooked. If you happen to have a few $$ or (know) someone ' you are home free. In this repulsive case however, it may be different. The public has had enough of abuse in any form, of children. Voices in numbers can make a difference . I do agree that this could not be his first time at being caught or suspected by someone. If his mother had a clue, and I did say if, there must have been a history of wrist slaps and very little consequence , to his behavior , for most of his life. One more thing? Where is the father in all this? Bless the kids and justice be done.
NobondforBrad

United States

#445 May 9, 2012
Father is Tom Porton. According to public court records he filed for divorce from Brenda in 1996 or 97. He held a pubic office from what I understand for many years. County tax accessor....spelled wrong...I believe. I also think his office was in the court house. Not sure what that job entailed but I do know our judges offices are also in the court house. So you can draw your own conclusions there.
Notafanofdewitt

Headland, AL

#446 May 9, 2012
I agree that this bond is way too low for the crimes. However, this is NOT the first time Dewitt has failed to serve justice in McCurtain County. Everyone needs to think hard about the judges sitting in that courthouse and people should become familiar with the court records. DeWitt has been handing out WAY too many light sentences and cutting WAY too many breaks to people. If you want to follow cases, including Brad's go to http://www1.odcr.com/ here you will find plenty of evidence to show how much DeWitt "cares" for the county. Brad's case has just been in the spotlight. Yes he is sick and needs to be in jail and DeWitt needs to no longer "serve" McCurtain County. Thank DeWitt for all the meth addicts that keep getting away in that county.
Notafanofdewitt

Headland, AL

#447 May 9, 2012
mother of a young boy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about the laws and interpretations, however, not many judges in mcco fear an appeal because there are VERY few that could afford it. Also, even if it is appealed, it is most often just sent back to the exact same judge for reconsideration. I can assure you, as I have seen it with my own eyes, these judges here are not always as prudent as most.
AMEN SISTER!!!!! I've been watching it all too. Anyone that thinks the court system there isn't corrupt more than normal is being willfully blind. Educate yourselves people...the criminal records are open to the public and completely FREE to view.
Notafanofdewitt

Headland, AL

#448 May 9, 2012
idk wrote:
Ummm after all this dies down he will b out and about like lisa poole!!!
Great example!
The thinker

Sharon, SC

#449 May 9, 2012
Outraged wrote:
Interestingly, the last Broken Bow sex offender was working at Sherrill's Pharmacy when she was arrested!
.

How does WORD not get back to you(the owner ) of sherrills, that you have a thief, an imposter , a person with a unhealthy interest in meds, and a huge grin when little boys come in? No bells or flags? Wow
justicewillpreva il3

Ringold, OK

#450 May 9, 2012
The thinker wrote:
<quoted text>.
How does WORD not get back to you(the owner ) of sherrills, that you have a thief, an imposter , a person with a unhealthy interest in meds, and a huge grin when little boys come in? No bells or flags? Wow
WHISTLE BRITCHES HERE I have been reading these threads since this whole thing started, I am all for JUSTICE!! and in the end I hope justice prevails!! BUT I HAVE TO PUT IN MY 2 CENTS ABOUT THE HAMMONDS AND THEIR PHARMACY!!! ITS OBVIOUS YOU DO NOT KNOW THESE PEOPLE, THEY ARE VERY GOOD PEOPLE, AMY.. THE PHARMACIST HAS BEEN CO-OPERATIVE WITH THE AUTHORITIES, AND THE PAPER REPORTED THAT!!! SHE is a professional and has worked hard to get where she is, and how dare some you repeat the pure lies that are being said!!! and for the record when she found out he was a thief he WAS fired!! 2nd he was a pharmacy Tech, so he had interest in meds!!! NOW DO NOT MIS UNDERSTAND MY COMMENTS I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE CHARGED ACCUSATIONS, AT ALL HE HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH SOME HORRIBLE CRIMES AND I PRAY THAT JUSTICE PREVAILS FOR THOSE CHARGES!!!! I ALSO PRAY DAILY FOR THE VICTIMS AND THEIR FAMILIES, I AM JUST TIRED OF THE TRASHING OF THE HAMMONDS AND THE PHARMACY I MEAN FOR HEAVENS SAKE THE PRESS REPOTED FRONT PAGE THEY WERE CO-OPERATING!!
NobondforBrad

United States

#451 May 9, 2012
Considering there are more than 10 threads on topix about Brad Porton and over a thousand comments there has been VERY few comments about Sherrils pharmacy and even FEWER of those have been in a negative light. I might add she fired him but the rumor has it upon Brendas pleading she chose not to press charged against him. The Sherrils pharmacy story broke in the paper several days AFTER the above was posted on topix...And as someone said earlier. We can all draw our own conclusions there.
NobondforBrad

United States

#452 May 9, 2012
On another note....I really doubt anyone believes the Pharmacy did anything wrong...other than perhaps neglect...I read somewhere his pharmacy tech licensure expired in 2010. I havent bothered to go online and double check that but for anyone who cares to...it is public information. Google pharmacy tech certification oklahoma.
Whistle Britches

Ringold, OK

#454 May 10, 2012
NobondforBrad wrote:
Considering there are more than 10 threads on topix about Brad Porton and over a thousand comments there has been VERY few comments about Sherrils pharmacy and even FEWER of those have been in a negative light. I might add she fired him but the rumor has it upon Brendas pleading she chose not to press charged against him. The Sherrils pharmacy story broke in the paper several days AFTER the above was posted on topix...And as someone said earlier. We can all draw our own conclusions there.
There are several comments and LIES about Sherrils Pharmacy and YES they have been negative !! If all you know is RUMOR then maybe you shouldnt tell it!!! enuf said!!!
NobondforBrad

United States

#455 May 10, 2012
Whistle Britches wrote:
<quoted text> There are several comments and LIES about Sherrils Pharmacy and YES they have been negative !! If all you know is RUMOR then maybe you shouldnt tell it!!! enuf said!!!
I personally feel sorry for Sherril's Pharmacy due to their relationship with McCurtain Memorial. The phrase "between a rock and a hard place " comes to mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broken Bow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
k2..... Thu I Am The Queen Of... 2
News 27 arrested in SE Oklahoma drug sweep (Feb '09) Sep 17 Mydogchopper 53
Idabel coach with a drug conviction? Sep 17 Pure Country 7
Why James Skipper should be elected. (Nov '11) Sep 14 Free one 27
big bang (Oct '09) Sep 13 Pure Country 5
bradley raney (Jul '12) Aug 26 Cady Herron 32
Jerry Meek (Sep '15) Aug '17 oh hmm 11

Broken Bow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Broken Bow Mortgages