news flash: brad porton and brenda po...
ComeOnNow

United States

#391 May 1, 2012
JLHUMP wrote:
<quoted text>What already appears to be the biggest child molestation case in mccurtain county , has gotten much bigger.investigators in the portion of the case dealing with alleged molestation of of boys now believe the # of victims will reach double digits.broken bow police continue to investigate that part of the case the district 17 drug task force has reportedly made substantial progress in its initial investigation .inveatigators say they have found about 100 cases where Thomas Bradley porton used his position as a technician at sherrils pharmacy to falsely authorize prescriptions in the computer, though doctors dentists whose names were used did not authorize them. They believe porton used this method to obtain his prsciption drugs over the course of about two years. Police emphasize that medical professionals knew nothing about the prescriptions and sherrills pharmacy was more than willing to cooperate . In fact the pharmacist contacted the doctors and police after discovering the descepancies , police said . Broken bow police are also investigating multiple allegations that porton used the broken bow main street . At least 1 victim said porton counciled him after 5 pm at the broken bow main street office , claiming it was his personal office and also gave him prescriptions drugs .porton was to make his initial appearance in district court today and at least one tv station intends to be at these proceedings . Portions bond was 150000 was posted by a bonds man after he was promised payment of 10000 . Bond was arranged in advance before porton returned to the county .
Whoa...Thank you!!
Notinbb

Ardmore, OK

#392 May 1, 2012
Wasn't there more to the article talking about conversations that happened at the dinner after he was bailed out and that Brenda has him in rehab claiming his condition is too severe to be let out yet? Or was that hearsay

Since: Apr 12

Stillwater, OK

#393 May 1, 2012
Notinbb wrote:
Wasn't there more to the article talking about conversations that happened at the dinner after he was bailed out and that Brenda has him in rehab claiming his condition is too severe to be let out yet? Or was that hearsay
There was more to the article about those things, I would type it for you but I don't have the paper, I just had someone read it to me. It also spoke of him telling a newspaper employee "thanks for ruining our good name" or something to that effect
Notashocker

Haslet, TX

#394 May 1, 2012
He's the only person to blame for ruining his name!!
expiredtechnicia nlicense

Norman, OK

#395 May 1, 2012
Support4Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for taking the time to post this. Those of us outside of McCurtain County appreciate it!
On another note, does anyone know when Brad worked at the pharmacy? The state board of pharmacy website shows his license as a technician expired in August of 2010. If that was the case, he shouldn't have been working as a technician after that date. So, I'm wondering why he was working as a tech with an expired license.
Ouch !! I sure hope our DISTRICT ATTORNEY and the INVESTIGATORS are reading these topix forums because it appears the good citizens here are doing their part to expose new details of this ongoing case !!
notabradfan

Norman, OK

#396 May 1, 2012
GWMFRMBB wrote:
Seriously?
<quoted text>
I am ashamed because one of the Hearn's daughter's is on the main street program board, you can see her picture in the paper last week next to brad and brenda....I believe it was last Thursday's edition when they gave an awared to some elderly lady for all her hard work.....anyway the HEARN GIRL's parents own Abendigo's. And the paper reported some victim has claimed he used the main street office as his own personal office to abuse childlren in and provide them with illegal prescription medications !!! Shame on them for allowing the Porton's to dine in their establishment. If I was a business owner I would refuse to serve them.
jenifer smith

United States

#398 May 1, 2012
mindbender wrote:
The DA just informed the parent of one victim that they would be filing "Harboring a Fugitive" charges on Brenda Porton when they are apprehended.
Evidently, Brenda and Brad purchased Airline tickets to Virginia, but failed to show up for the flight where Federal Marshalls were waiting for them. They are believed to be traveling by automobile at this time.
Thats all I know at the moment, so that is all I will report.
Hey mindbender is there any way you can find me on facebook private message me?
revolkbond

United States

#399 May 2, 2012
I have decided to write a letter to our elected DA and request that he file a motion to have the bond revolked or at the very minimum raised to a level more in accordance with the number and severity of felony charges. I am posting this to determine the interest that other voters in this district might want to sign this letter also. I will work to make the letter brief tasteful but to the point. If u would be interested in signing my letter also or have an idea as to where I can leave the letter for a few days (needs to be a safe but public place that is easy accessible to other voters) please let me know by way of smoke signals...Seriously email me @[email protected] I am hestitant to make specifoc details on this open forum for fear that the brad supporters may attempt to destroy my efforts. Thanks in advance for your commitment and time.
My2sense

Broken Bow, OK

#400 May 2, 2012
revolkbond wrote:
I have decided to write a letter to our elected DA and request that he file a motion to have the bond revolked or at the very minimum raised to a level more in accordance with the number and severity of felony charges. I am posting this to determine the interest that other voters in this district might want to sign this letter also. I will work to make the letter brief tasteful but to the point. If u would be interested in signing my letter also or have an idea as to where I can leave the letter for a few days (needs to be a safe but public place that is easy accessible to other voters) please let me know by way of smoke signals...Seriously email me @[email protected] I am hestitant to make specifoc details on this open forum for fear that the brad supporters may attempt to destroy my efforts. Thanks in advance for your commitment and time.
When you write this letter, please make sure you spell revoke correctly or the letter will be judged as having no merit and be thrown away. Spell check is your friend.
im a social worker too

United States

#401 May 2, 2012
My2sense wrote:
<quoted text>
When you write this letter, please make sure you spell revoke correctly or the letter will be judged as having no merit and be thrown away. Spell check is your friend.


I will....no spell check on my phone.....Spell check served me well while I wrote countless papers most 20 plus pages EACH while working on my graduate studies.....my final gpa for THAT program upon my completion of it was a 3.95.....thats right 60 hours of graduate course work and I only made ONE lil o B.....so save ur urge to point my piddly errors....I can assure you...I got this.. ;)
im a social worker too

United States

#402 May 2, 2012
Ooopppsss apologies to u my2sense .....i thought u were a bradsupporter...however after i read your screenname I recalled your previous posts...loved them...and understand ur constructive criticism was in the right place. Thank u for taking the time my2sense :)
just saying

Tulsa, OK

#403 May 2, 2012
There is alot of people blaming the sheriff and the d.a. There are some things that maybe people dont understand.
The sheriff and his department have nothing to do with this case, the only part they played was getting brad to turn himself in. The case is being worked by Broken Bow Police. It took B.B. a long time to get all the information together and turned in to the d.a. Charges were filed very quickly. As for the bond, that was Judge Dewitt. The sheriff and d.a. do not get to decide the bond or how long the sick bastard stays in jail. That is all determined by the judge and when trial come maybe the jury. People my cousin is one of the victims. I think broken bow drug thier feet but the rest has moved fairly quickly. Brad will stand trial for what he did and i have full faith that the d.a. office will seek out the punishment the bastard needs. All the mud slinging should not be at the sheriff and d.a. they are doing thier job. B.B is doing thiers just slower and the judge should be ashamed for such a low bond. Thank you all for the support you are showing to the victims and the prayers.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#404 May 2, 2012
BB_observer

Broken Bow, OK

#405 May 2, 2012
since Brad is been seen flaunting himself around the county, out on bail, everyone concerned should keep track of his actions and report any of them to the judge, DA, etc. that would cause his bond to be revoked.

Since: May 12

Allen, TX

#406 May 2, 2012
That would only give him more ammo to portray himself as the victim.
notabradfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am ashamed because one of the Hearn's daughter's is on the main street program board, you can see her picture in the paper last week next to brad and brenda....I believe it was last Thursday's edition when they gave an awared to some elderly lady for all her hard work.....anyway the HEARN GIRL's parents own Abendigo's. And the paper reported some victim has claimed he used the main street office as his own personal office to abuse childlren in and provide them with illegal prescription medications !!! Shame on them for allowing the Porton's to dine in their establishment. If I was a business owner I would refuse to serve them.
notabradfan

United States

#407 May 2, 2012
GWMFRMBB wrote:
That would only give him more ammo to portray himself as the victim.
<quoted text>
He can gather enough ammo to fill the rio grand but it still wont matter once the evidence against him is presented hopefully to complete strangers in federal court
agree

Tulsa, OK

#408 May 2, 2012
BB_observer wrote:
since Brad is been seen flaunting himself around the county, out on bail, everyone concerned should keep track of his actions and report any of them to the judge, DA, etc. that would cause his bond to be revoked.
The d.a. cant revoke a bond but the judge sure can. I think dewitt should put him back in jail until his trial.
concerend citizen 2

Ringold, OK

#409 May 2, 2012
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
The d.a. cant revoke a bond but the judge sure can. I think dewitt should put him back in jail until his trial.
I dont think he even went to jail, yet. I think they prob, just did what they call a walk thru, which means he never saw the inside of a jail cell. The whole process of his surrender Saturday prob. didnt take 30min and he was free to go,(Dinner at Grateful head)
concerend citizen 2

Ringold, OK

#410 May 2, 2012
concerend citizen 2 wrote:
<quoted text> I dont think he even went to jail, yet. I think they prob, just did what they call a walk thru, which means he never saw the inside of a jail cell. The whole process of his surrender Saturday prob. didnt take 30min and he was free to go,(Dinner at Grateful head)
And I think when you go to jail even on a surrender you have to stay there until YOU see a judge , So if you go on Saturday you stay in jail till Monday !! so sure enough its obvious favors are being pulled!!
notabradfan

Norman, OK

#411 May 2, 2012
concerend citizen 2 wrote:
<quoted text> And I think when you go to jail even on a surrender you have to stay there until YOU see a judge , So if you go on Saturday you stay in jail till Monday !! so sure enough its obvious favors are being pulled!!
C
@concerned citizen 2...write a letter to our da asking him to file a motion to revoke the bond. The DA is OUR attorney.mccurtain county as well as choctaw and pushmataha counties....he is on OUR side and he is also ELECTED.

So write him a letter asking him to file a motion to revolk bond. no return address needed. It can't hurt and will take minimal effort.

here is a direct link to OUR da's website along with addresses phone numbers and fax numbers :)

http://www.ok.gov/dac/District_Attorneys/Dist...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broken Bow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jerry Meek (Sep '15) Fri oh hmm 11
Speeding on West Choctaw / Old Broken Bow Highway Aug 14 Beautiful Stranger 7
News 27 arrested in SE Oklahoma drug sweep (Feb '09) Aug 12 NewsToDormant 52
Robert Snow Jul 23 Okie 6
corey lee dodds (Jan '17) Jul 21 Codyleesmomma 3
75th Anniversery to Wright city book Jul '17 Mikee M 1
Early History of Wright City, Oklahoma (Sep '07) Jul '17 Mikee M 6

Broken Bow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Broken Bow Mortgages