*Brad Porton is out on bail.
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Sad

United States

#228 Aug 27, 2012
I agree its sad...the line between protecting a child and enabling them can sometimes become blurred for many parents who want to do what is best for their children. Enabling a child would include repeatedly bailing them out with no consequences for their behavior. Personally, if I had a child who broke the law....the in a big way the law wouldn't be their biggest fear...drugs, thieft, abuse, voilence of any kind....kids dont just one day wake up and decide to get on the wrong side of the law....it takes many years to create a criminal mind..To all the parents out there with young children. Make them your first priority now, spend quality time with them, rather than dumping them off with family and friends so you can go socialize with your friends or romantic partner of the moment.....It always amazes me when parents act shocked their kids are all of a sudden in trouble....it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out how to raise good kids.....
Sad

United States

#229 Aug 27, 2012
It takes effort to raise a good kid......current statistics show 1 in 10 children will be abused by the time they are 18....which means nearly 1 in 10 adults are abusing children.....the people we THINK we can trust are often the sick preverted perps folks!
Hmmmm

United States

#230 Aug 28, 2012
Sad wrote:
I agree its sad...the line between protecting a child and enabling them can sometimes become blurred for many parents who want to do what is best for their children. Enabling a child would include repeatedly bailing them out with no consequences for their behavior. Personally, if I had a child who broke the law....the in a big way the law wouldn't be their biggest fear...drugs, thieft, abuse, voilence of any kind....kids dont just one day wake up and decide to get on the wrong side of the law....it takes many years to create a criminal mind..To all the parents out there with young children. Make them your first priority now, spend quality time with them, rather than dumping them off with family and friends so you can go socialize with your friends or romantic partner of the moment.....It always amazes me when parents act shocked their kids are all of a sudden in trouble....it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out how to raise good kids.....
His situation went on too long, required too many bailouts/coverups, and cost his mother too many jobs for his parents to believe he was innocent of any wrongdoing.

I wonder how much of it is protecting the child, and how much of it is protecting the parents from public embarassment, or not drawing attention to themselves because of other things they are involved in and don't want to be found out.

I would think a child who has grown up in a secret environment of white collar crime or abuse of the public trust has a distorted view of entitlement and no worry about accountibility. They feel they can do whatever they want and get away with it.
pappy

Flower Mound, TX

#231 Aug 28, 2012
HMMMmmmmmm, are you a hummer ? I knew people when I was a child that had hummer groups that hummed music all the time , even when alone. But at thsi tie no onehas ben accused of enabling BP or even helping him during any period of time- do you know someone that has enabed or even helped BP in his aledged molestation of the many victims that have come forward. If you do you should turn them in for such a hidious crime. As for as I understand the case no one at thsi time has been charged with enabling or even hlping Brad in his aledged criminl activity.
pappy

Flower Mound, TX

#232 Aug 28, 2012
And HMMmmmm, as for BP or anyone else being involved in such an activity they should have justice come down on them all with long sentences for such crimes if found guilty.
big bear

Broken Bow, OK

#233 Aug 29, 2012
has brad been to court yet?
To Pappy

United States

#234 Aug 29, 2012
pappy wrote:
HMMMmmmmmm, are you a hummer ? I knew people when I was a child that had hummer groups that hummed music all the time , even when alone. But at thsi tie no onehas ben accused of enabling BP or even helping him during any period of time- do you know someone that has enabed or even helped BP in his aledged molestation of the many victims that have come forward. If you do you should turn them in for such a hidious crime. As for as I understand the case no one at thsi time has been charged with enabling or even hlping Brad in his aledged criminl activity.
A contemplator. Don't know your friends.
The information was turned in long ago, but no charges have been brought that I know of so far.
Also, the accusation has occurred a number of times in the various BP posts. Only they would know the answer in those cases.
pappy

Flower Mound, TX

#235 Aug 29, 2012
HMMMmmm, to be a contempalator, you sure must give alot of thought to the subject matter. I hear there will be a pre-lim hearing on the 30 and 31 of august. Is that the right date for the hearing????
Queastions

Boswell, OK

#236 Aug 29, 2012
Yes those are the right dates. Me and my husband have had numerous conversations on how we would handle certain situations. And weve determined the first time we would help them out like if they got caught drinking or such but the second time god forbid hes sticking it out. We teach our kids there are good and bad consequences and just cause your sorry doesnt mean you dont face the consequences. To many kids these days get away with being disrespectful
to there elders or those in authority. My 5 yr. Old olis grounded right now in fact until monday
because he lied to his teacher.(Long story)So we believe in consequences. I just want him to know no matter how bad things are im still here for
him. I think that is the problem with brad his mom never made him accountable even growing up.
Clarity

Sulphur, OK

#237 Aug 30, 2012
Newspaper said the prosecution had asked for a closed courtroom during witness testimony. Reporters and victims families only during the time where the minors are on the stand. I figure that will be most of the time. Anyone know different? I had considered sitting in on some of it until I read that. Not worth going down if I have to stand in the halls.
mother of victim

United States

#238 Jun 24, 2013
I asure uwhat tgis monster has done to two of my babies is nearly unbearable we see councilors twice a week the light is gone from there beautiful eyes u can not fake this i wishes they would hurry n have the trial its killin us that thing has three options RUN KILL HIMSELF OR GO TO PRISON N TRUST ME HE WILL DO ONE OF THE THREE IF HE RAN I SWEAR ID CATCH HIMN KILLHIM MYSELF FOR THOSE OF U PRAYING FOR HIM WELP WHATEVER HELPS U SLEEP BETTER FOR THOSE OF UPRAYING FOR THE CHILDREN GOD BLESS YOU! ONE OF THE MOMS HAS ALREADY TOOK HER OWN LIFE THIS IS A HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE PLEASE KEEP PRAYING FOR US ALL!!!!!
where were you

Valliant, OK

#239 Jun 24, 2013
Well mom, why were you letting your teen kids run wth adult men? Ever think about that? You have some fault here as well.
pappy

Plano, TX

#240 Jun 24, 2013
where were you wrote:
Well mom, why were you letting your teen kids run wth adult men? Ever think about that? You have some fault here as well.
Just like everyone else in McCurtain County the moms did not know their kids were in the midst of a alleged child molester. Did you know Where your kids are every minute of the day, even while you sleep? Or do you have kids. But it did take a brave mom and son to come forward and face their alleged abuser. Do you even know who your neighbors are and where the molesters live in McCurtain County WHERE? OR have you any kids yourself. Because if you do have children I think you probably take good care of them.But there are many evil people in the world that takes pleasure in perverted ways with children--but they may not feel conforable in telling the crimes committed against them --even to a mother that loves them.
pappy

Plano, TX

#241 Jun 24, 2013
The child that turned to his family in a time of need after being abused must have know that his family had enough love for him to trust his parents to come forwqrd and inform on his aledged abuser. Love and trust goes a long way in a family
damn

Valliant, OK

#242 Jun 24, 2013
mother of victim wrote:
I asure uwhat tgis monster has done to two of my babies is nearly unbearable we see councilors twice a week the light is gone from there beautiful eyes u can not fake this i wishes they would hurry n have the trial its killin us that thing has three options RUN KILL HIMSELF OR GO TO PRISON N TRUST ME HE WILL DO ONE OF THE THREE IF HE RAN I SWEAR ID CATCH HIMN KILLHIM MYSELF FOR THOSE OF U PRAYING FOR HIM WELP WHATEVER HELPS U SLEEP BETTER FOR THOSE OF UPRAYING FOR THE CHILDREN GOD BLESS YOU! ONE OF THE MOMS HAS ALREADY TOOK HER OWN LIFE THIS IS A HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE PLEASE KEEP PRAYING FOR US ALL!!!!!
I feel traumatized from reading this comment.
pappy

Plano, TX

#243 Jun 24, 2013
Mom be careful of what you say on here or they may have you locked up before B.P. It will probably be another year or so before his time comes. Some times Lady justice just takes time to have her say.

b.

p. even comes to trail.
concernedcitizen

Broken Bow, OK

#244 Jul 15, 2013
Has anybody seen this "ORDER FROM SUPREME COURT STAYING PROCEEDINGS PENDING DECISION" on Brad's court records on ODCR.com ? I have searched for the meaning of this and to my understanding it means that the Supreme Court has put a hold on the case. Anybody heard anything about the case?
pappy

Plano, TX

#245 Jul 16, 2013
Normal legalese to stall trail and se if it can o court for further study of some legal gripe of BPs lawyer if it has happened. So it will be held up till a decision from the higher court is made. Sop your local papers are not keeping you fine folks up to date on the trial or its hearings.
concernedcitizen

Broken Bow, OK

#246 Jul 16, 2013
Yeah I haven't heard anything about the trial until I looked up the court records myself!
Updates Anyone

Centerton, AR

#247 Jul 24, 2013
Any updates on the untouchable child molester situation. Instead of sending him to jail they will probably build a golden monument in the town square in his honor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broken Bow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
k2..... Sep 20 Curious 1
News 27 arrested in SE Oklahoma drug sweep (Feb '09) Sep 17 Mydogchopper 52
Idabel coach with a drug conviction? Sep 17 Pure Country 7
Why James Skipper should be elected. (Nov '11) Sep 14 Free one 27
big bang (Oct '09) Sep 13 Pure Country 5
bradley raney (Jul '12) Aug 26 Cady Herron 32
Jerry Meek (Sep '15) Aug '17 oh hmm 11

Broken Bow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance