*Brad Porton is out on bail.
notafan

Broken Bow, OK

#208 Aug 19, 2012
Well, in my opinion Brad can pray for himself. He is a grown man and accountable for his actions and if he can repent and ask for forgiveness--that will between him and God. My prayers are for those children that will carry the scars of what he has done to them, for the loss of trust, innocence and the unwarranted shame they will carry because this adult, this mentor failed them and abused them. God bring you, brave young ones, comfort, and uplift you from this trial. May you come through it stronger and safer. May your actions prevent someone else from having to go through this. God Bless you, each of you.
Pearl

Dallas, TX

#209 Aug 19, 2012
Amen!
Interesting

Chicago, IL

#210 Aug 20, 2012
Porton Family Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading all of the negative comments, this Prayer made me cry. Thank you for posting this. In this awful time the one thing this family can rely on is our Lord God in Heaven. I pray that no matter what charges are brought and actions taken that they truly know Our God is merciful and gracious. You are and will continue to be in my prayers Porton family.
You show no mercy for their victims????
queastions

Broken Bow, OK

#211 Aug 22, 2012
Who on here would dis own there child if they did something wrong. I sure wouldnt. I wouldnt tell them i agree with what they did but to everyone else i would not let them know that. i would fight like crazy for them. And not care what anyone else thinks. I love my kids. And im raising them to be upright and law abiding citizens but sometimes no matter how you raise them they have to learn on their own. Ive never been in any trouble cause i was lucky and the good lord was looking out for me. But i just didnt listen to my mamma. I hope my kids dont do that but if they should ill.stand by him or them the whole journey.
The thinker

Mooresville, NC

#212 Aug 23, 2012
JENIFER SMITH wrote:
<quoted text>
i think the only effective treatment is castration
A willing Dr. And a sharp knife.... Ought a do it!
Are you kidding

Chicago, IL

#213 Aug 23, 2012
queastions wrote:
Who on here would dis own there child if they did something wrong. I sure wouldnt. I wouldnt tell them i agree with what they did but to everyone else i would not let them know that. i would fight like crazy for them. And not care what anyone else thinks. I love my kids. And im raising them to be upright and law abiding citizens but sometimes no matter how you raise them they have to learn on their own. Ive never been in any trouble cause i was lucky and the good lord was looking out for me. But i just didnt listen to my mamma. I hope my kids dont do that but if they should ill.stand by him or them the whole journey.
If you really loved them, you would not only teach them right from wrong, but let them learn that there are consequences for their actions. "Raising a child up" requires a backbone. Covering up for them is enabling their behavior and even acting as an accomplice. The cover-up and social bullying is how Brad Porton was able to continue for so many years and hurt so many children.
queastions

Broken Bow, OK

#214 Aug 23, 2012
I never said cover up but i would stand by him and not let everyones opinion effect what i do. Sorry if i put my kids above anyone else and not disown them. Covering up and sticking by someone are two different things. Ive realized that anyone who has a different opinion other than the magority on here is wrong the same people that teach tolorance and open mindedness arent that themselves and before anyone says anything about whats right and wrong or bring up brad, my comment does not refer to this. Ive just noticed that the majority of the people on here dont want anyone else to think someything different. You get made fun of or put down. Or flat out told your wrong. What makes an opinion wrong because its not the magority. And im sure everyone will have
something to say.
The thinker

Shelby, NC

#215 Aug 23, 2012
queastions wrote:
I never said cover up but i would stand by him and not let everyones opinion effect what i do. Sorry if i put my kids above anyone else and not disown them. Covering up and sticking by someone are two different things. Ive realized that anyone who has a different opinion other than the magority on here is wrong the same people that teach tolorance and open mindedness arent that themselves and before anyone says anything about whats right and wrong or bring up brad, my comment does not refer to this. Ive just noticed that the majority of the people on here dont want anyone else to think someything different. You get made fun of or put down. Or flat out told your wrong. What makes an opinion wrong because its not the magority. And im sure everyone will have
something to say.
tolerance and open mindness! Are you crazy? Tolerance of rape and keep an open mind about these atrocities? Any parent that would condone in any form or fashion rape, drugging kids, making movies of sex with young boys that don't even know where they are! You need some help. ALL parents LOVE their kids.... But you don't just hug their necks and tell them it will be alright because mama is here ...other lives have been ruined by your child, does that not count? I guess you would want your child to be let loose and be allowed to do it again? True love is facing reality and doing the RIGHT thing! Get a grip woman!
queastions

Broken Bow, OK

#216 Aug 23, 2012
Id love to meet you in person and talk to you face to face because your reading into what i said. Not once did i say condone or say anything that you said. Are you a women or a man. My name is jessica helms and i live in idabel. I was also abused as a child so no one says that they should get away with it but its about not giving up on my children
pappy

Dallas, TX

#217 Aug 23, 2012
The thinker wrote:
<quoted text>A willing Dr. And a sharp knife.... Ought a do it!
thinker, it does not work--period. besides it has been ruled in court to be cruel and unusual punishment. Besides unless he has a bunch of dumb folks on the jury he is and will be convicted and be no worry to the outside world ever. The only worry that will be is he had better worry about being on the inside.
big bear

Broken Bow, OK

#218 Aug 24, 2012
queastions wrote:
Brad Porton has serious charges against him concerning minor children.
The thinker

Shelby, NC

#219 Aug 24, 2012
To queastions: your topic name should be queasy!! Are you saying questions? Anyway let's go in another direction here.. If Brad were your son, what exactly would you do? You say stand by them above all else. Ok , then what? Do you try to get them"off" and let them roam free un- checked to offend again? What? What would you have the courts do ,to Brad, if he were your son? Now let's say your son is the one abused. Now what would you do then? Stand by him for sure. Every mom would. Would you want the abuser to walk free? Puts a different light on the subject, does it not? Mothers will love their kids to the end of time.... That is a true fact.... But you have to look at what they may have done and see where the right and wrong line is drawn. Think about it.
queastions

Broken Bow, OK

#220 Aug 24, 2012
I did not say my kid shouldnt face the consequences he should nor would i get him out of trouble but at the sametime i would stand by them i would never tell them they werent wrong. I would not disown them though. I would make them do as there told no i wouldnt go in brenda portons path but at the same time i was a child victim of this same thing of a man who never got in trouble for what reasons i was to young to know why he didnt. But if they were my children this happened to i would pray and hope the law does what their suppost to do. I think i mis
communicated what i was tryn to say. And making
fun of the name i chose to use is unnecessary.
Still feel the same as i dis when i posted the first time
pappy

Dallas, TX

#221 Aug 24, 2012
This situation haSTO BE VERY painful for Brad Potons mother, moreso in facing the community and what she hears and comes back to her on the oings of BP. And if a parent did not stand with their kids they are not acting as true l;oving parents. but that does not mean she condones the actions of BP. Now would folks like to be in her place. A parent doesnot desert their children in a time of need.
queastions

Broken Bow, OK

#222 Aug 24, 2012
pappy wrote:
This situation haSTO BE VERY painful for Brad Potons mother, moreso in facing the community and what she hears and comes back to her on the oings of BP. And if a parent did not stand with their kids they are not acting as true l;oving parents. but that does not mean she condones the actions of BP. Now would folks like to be in her place. A parent doesnot desert their children in a time of need.
Thats all im trying to say
The thinker

Mauldin, SC

#223 Aug 25, 2012
queastions wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats all im trying to say
I too would NEVER disown one of my children either. I am no different from you on that subject. We love them always. But I do wonder, what does a parent say to their child that has
committed terrible acts against another? How would that conversation go? We probably are saying the same thing , just in a different way. I never said disown either, I said I would not condone any criminal act. It would be a nightmare to be in Brenda's shoes. Of that I have no doubt. Let's you and I be thankful that we don't have the troubles this family has. Sorry about your topic name remark. I was out of line. Peace
queastions

Broken Bow, OK

#224 Aug 25, 2012
Im not sure what i would say to be honest. I have three children and my oldest is in kindergarten. So things are pretty simple right now. My hardest job with them is making them do their chores. I try to instill good moral values so that one day i dont have to worry about them getting into trouble. But ultimitly when they grow up its up to them wheither they take what me and there daddy taught them. But if i ever faced such a horrible thing i hope i will know what to say.
Clarity

Valliant, OK

#225 Aug 26, 2012
I think any parent would stand beside their child and hold their hand in support. I think the disagreement with Brenda's actions come from her standing in front of Brad. That in my opinion is what rubs some folks the wrong way.

Also - Don't be surprised if the PH is postponed. With the latest round of charges tacked on, his Atty. may ask for a continuance as he hasn't had adequate time to prepare a defense....not an uncommon occurance when a defendant receives additional charges after a PH has been scheduled.
technowiz

Broken Bow, OK

#226 Aug 26, 2012
I was always tought if you do the crime you do the time, by my parents and teach the same to my kids. My parents wouldn't bail me out of jail and I wouldn't bail my kids out. Thankfully I have never been to jail but my brother has and guess what, he did the time. Sure my parents were there for court to stand with my brother but he did what he did and got the the time and it made him a better person for it. Now he has a full time job and has worked for years for the same company and has learned his lesson.
Pedophiles feel no guilt

Tullahoma, TN

#227 Aug 27, 2012
I have a grown son that has not always been perfect and I have always been there for him. He finally got control of his life and is in a good place in his life now. All that being said, if he had done something so horrific as molesting a child, to me that is a line that should not be crossed and I could no longer be there for him.

I do not know if I could even go to court for the trial. Although, I might go for the verdict or sentencing as that would probably be the last time I ever saw him.

I think the thing with Brad's mom she seems to be convinced he is innocent. Some mothers wear blinders when it comes to their children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broken Bow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anybody know a Dakota Ray White? Feb 3 olfriend 1
Horrible Suicide (Apr '13) Feb 2 timperry 13
Corey Carter Jan 31 shady5-80 1
Aaron Cory Causey (Jul '15) Jan 28 Just Curious 2
Pine Creek Access Jan 25 Randy 1
Leopoldville Disaster Victim, Valliant Resident... Jan 11 Allan Andrade 1
Does anyone know Roy Harper from Haworth? Jan 10 Jessica Rodriguez 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Broken Bow Mortgages