Kara Cunningham

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

My landlord evicted me without notice and took all of my families personal belongings. The Sheriff's department took my dogs to the pound. I was not able to make it the pound the following day by the time they closed but was in contact with the Broken Arrow animal shelter and they knew my dogs are my family and I was finding a way to get them. The shelter told me the price would be over $100 by Monday but failed to tell me they were opened on Saturday. 5 business days later they adopted our family pet out and the new owner that has known him for less then 24 hours will not let us have him back. Not only did we lose everything we own, but now the dog we dearly love and sleeps in our bed every night to. Not only does this break my heart but my 6 year old son just keeps asking why our beloved dog to
Chris

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

After 3 full days the dog becomes property of the city. So many people bullshit shelter staff and say oh im coming to get my dog and keep them waiting for weeks and weeks . I use to be a claremore animal shelter employee I've seen it happen. The shelter has to adopt the philosophy better in a different home then euthanized. It is their goal to ensure the safety of animals not the happiness of humans .
Kara Cunningham

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Actually according to the Broken Arrow Animal Shelter's policy they have to wait 5 business days and and an extra 48 hours if they know who the owners are before they can adopt them out. The policy also states they will send a notification by mail to the last known address before any action is done and we recieved no notice.
Chris

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Well according to the law, it's 3 days.
Sandra

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

I am confused here you were evicted , so that mean you could not afford to pay rent where you lived and the dogs now have a home that someone took in and wanted and is caring for them ? I would now be more concerned with getting another place to live for your child to be able to have a home instead of worrying now about the dog for your kid. Im sorry but dogs and animals get the boot the first time something happens. Not saying you did and im an animals lover but pepople get animals for the wrong reason sometime. A dog or a cat has a beating heart it feels pain it feels period. It is not a toy for children! wait until a child is a little older and can understand the way to take care of that animals and im sorry but this story made no sence to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Broken Arrow Discussions

Search the Broken Arrow Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 1 hr TAMARA 71,323
55 5 hr guest 10
President Obama has withdrawn from Governing..H... 11 hr Pulpit Pounding Preacher 3
Judges Pervert The Constitution - REPENT JUDGES... 11 hr Justice Spielberg 4
Edmonton's Victory Christian Center in limbo (Aug '12) 22 hr Wreaking Ball GUY 60
Ebay Flawed DSR System Eliminating Small Sellers (Jul '13) Thu SellerBacklash 28
Breaking News - Theo Fleming Formally Charged (Apr '09) Jul 23 DylanBilbyfag 31
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Tulsa County was issued at July 25 at 4:16PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Broken Arrow Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Broken Arrow Jobs

•••