my dog that was unfairly adopted out

my dog that was unfairly adopted out

Posted in the Broken Arrow Forum

Kara Cunningham

United States

#1 Apr 27, 2012
My landlord evicted me without notice and took all of my families personal belongings. The Sheriff's department took my dogs to the pound. I was not able to make it the pound the following day by the time they closed but was in contact with the Broken Arrow animal shelter and they knew my dogs are my family and I was finding a way to get them. The shelter told me the price would be over $100 by Monday but failed to tell me they were opened on Saturday. 5 business days later they adopted our family pet out and the new owner that has known him for less then 24 hours will not let us have him back. Not only did we lose everything we own, but now the dog we dearly love and sleeps in our bed every night to. Not only does this break my heart but my 6 year old son just keeps asking why our beloved dog to
Chris

Tulsa, OK

#2 May 3, 2012
After 3 full days the dog becomes property of the city. So many people bullshit shelter staff and say oh im coming to get my dog and keep them waiting for weeks and weeks . I use to be a claremore animal shelter employee I've seen it happen. The shelter has to adopt the philosophy better in a different home then euthanized. It is their goal to ensure the safety of animals not the happiness of humans .
Kara Cunningham

United States

#3 May 4, 2012
Actually according to the Broken Arrow Animal Shelter's policy they have to wait 5 business days and and an extra 48 hours if they know who the owners are before they can adopt them out. The policy also states they will send a notification by mail to the last known address before any action is done and we recieved no notice.
Chris

Broken Arrow, OK

#4 May 8, 2012
Well according to the law, it's 3 days.
Sandra

Bixby, OK

#5 Jun 16, 2012
I am confused here you were evicted , so that mean you could not afford to pay rent where you lived and the dogs now have a home that someone took in and wanted and is caring for them ? I would now be more concerned with getting another place to live for your child to be able to have a home instead of worrying now about the dog for your kid. Im sorry but dogs and animals get the boot the first time something happens. Not saying you did and im an animals lover but pepople get animals for the wrong reason sometime. A dog or a cat has a beating heart it feels pain it feels period. It is not a toy for children! wait until a child is a little older and can understand the way to take care of that animals and im sorry but this story made no sence to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broken Arrow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Operation Purple Rain Nets More Than 30 Arrests... 6 hr Bob Up 1
News Shooting Victim Found Dead Outside Abandoned House (Mar '11) 12 hr Khamyri Huey 12
News Muskogee County Deputies Find Meth Stashed In C... (Jan '17) Sun WalmartRamen 3
News Atheists plan 2018 gathering in Oklahoma City Sun Okie 11
News Tulsans Accused Of Stealing More Than $23K In M... Dec 8 hey Chocolate Jimmie 7
News OSBI takes over investigation of alleged rape b... Dec 8 wells 4
News Inside a judge's rehab: Unpaid work at a Coca-C... Dec 5 realworld 1

Broken Arrow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Broken Arrow Mortgages