OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#40133 May 17, 2013
Everyone sorry to be changing the topic you all posting about.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40134 May 17, 2013
Steve wrote:
Miller said he holds two positions since Nov. 2012 so I wonder if he gets paid 2 salaries?
Listen to him 'I don't remember...I'll get back to you'....sounds like Eric Holder to me!
No he gets at the higher rate of the two.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40135 May 17, 2013
No. He gets paid at the higher rate of the two.

Sorry for the bad proof reading.
Maddy

United States

#40136 May 17, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
Got some upsetting news last nite about a dear friend that had a bad car accident 2 1/2 yrs ago and has never left being in the hospital. I have posted about her before in wondering how her treatment and healthcare will be with Obamacare kicking in full force. Now I donot know if this would happen with or without Obamacare. Depending how her health situation is she gets move from one level of health places to another. Up until now she been kept in the Oklahoma City area. About 3 months ago she got moved to Mercy Hosp. in Guthrie. That was not to bad. Her husband and her daughter (which is my daughter-in-law) still had easy access to checking on her every day. But this week my friend and her family were told that she was being bumped down in health care place and was being moved to Kingfisher. The majority of family that check on her and is her support group live in the Edmond area. So what are the health insurance companies thinking in do this to the patient and their families?
Does anyone know how one can fight something like this?
I'm so sorry for you and your family. I haven't had any experience for a situation like yours. When I purchased insurances for myself I went through a insurance broker who can put a package together of coverage which purpose is to not leave any foreseeable situation without adequate coverage. They have silver, gold and platinum coverage packages and I decided to go platinum as long as I could afford it but if my rates go up as much as actuaries are warning (400%) then I will have to review all my coverage again because that is a totally unreasonable cost increase.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40137 May 17, 2013
SayWhat wrote:
IRS Hearings this morning can't wait to hear this! Finally Democrats are just as pissed as Republicans and Independents!
This Independent is not pissed, because this Independent knows the truth behind this media driven soap opera.

When it comes to the IRS, we have gotten what we deserve.
Steve

United States

#40138 May 17, 2013
So What wrote:
No. He gets paid at the higher rate of the two.
Sorry for the bad proof reading.
Where did you get that information?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#40139 May 17, 2013
Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so sorry for you and your family. I haven't had any experience for a situation like yours. When I purchased insurances for myself I went through a insurance broker who can put a package together of coverage which purpose is to not leave any foreseeable situation without adequate coverage. They have silver, gold and platinum coverage packages and I decided to go platinum as long as I could afford it but if my rates go up as much as actuaries are warning (400%) then I will have to review all my coverage again because that is a totally unreasonable cost increase.
You may have good coverage but the insurance has the say and the control to how and where you get health services. More so when it is a long term health problem.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40140 May 17, 2013
He was ACTING commissioner. That is a temporary position. He would still be deputy director, his permanent position. He receives the higher of the two pay schedules.
Steve

United States

#40141 May 17, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
This Independent is not pissed, because this Independent knows the truth behind this media driven soap opera.
When it comes to the IRS, we have gotten what we deserve.
Media driven soap opera? Reporting abuse by the a federal agency which has the power to touch every citizen by turning your life upside down...everyone should be pissed. Targeting opposition political groups as in targeting conservative groups is wrong and is abuse. When a conservative political group wins the presidency then they can use the IRS to target liberal groups would still wrong. The IRS is supposed to be neutral and only enforce tax laws equally. No different than picking a religious group and applying the law unfairly.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40142 May 17, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>You may have good coverage but the insurance has the say and the control to how and where you get health services. More so when it is a long term health problem.
The insurance company hates her. She has become a drag on their bottom line.

What do you think needs to be done about that?
Maddy

United States

#40143 May 17, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>You may have good coverage but the insurance has the say and the control to how and where you get health services. More so when it is a long term health problem.
What I was told was as long as the medical facility met the requirements necessary for care that had to be given it would be approved under my coverage. But Tamara I haven't had to use that coverage and hope I never will. But the broker told me, I or my legal representative, if I was unable to, could pick the facility as long as the facility was certified for the type of care I needed. There is a mileage limit and I forgot if it was 150 miles or maybe 100 I don't remember exactly so I would be cared for in my 'area'.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40144 May 17, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Media driven soap opera? Reporting abuse by the a federal agency which has the power to touch every citizen by turning your life upside down...everyone should be pissed. Targeting opposition political groups as in targeting conservative groups is wrong and is abuse. When a conservative political group wins the presidency then they can use the IRS to target liberal groups would still wrong. The IRS is supposed to be neutral and only enforce tax laws equally. No different than picking a religious group and applying the law unfairly.
Steve do you pay taxes?
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#40145 May 17, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>Media driven soap opera? Reporting abuse by the a federal agency which has the power to touch every citizen by turning your life upside down...everyone should be pissed. Targeting opposition political groups as in targeting conservative groups is wrong and is abuse. When a conservative political group wins the presidency then they can use the IRS to target liberal groups would still wrong. The IRS is supposed to be neutral and only enforce tax laws equally. No different than picking a religious group and applying the law unfairly.
Agreed. Asking a group what they say in their prayers is outright ridiculous
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40146 May 17, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve do you pay taxes?
I'm sorry Steve the question I should have asked is, do you pay federal taxes?
Steve

United States

#40147 May 17, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve do you pay taxes?
Yes I pay taxes more now than 5 years ago, lol.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#40148 May 17, 2013
Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>
What I was told was as long as the medical facility met the requirements necessary for care that had to be given it would be approved under my coverage. But Tamara I haven't had to use that coverage and hope I never will. But the broker told me, I or my legal representative, if I was unable to, could pick the facility as long as the facility was certified for the type of care I needed. There is a mileage limit and I forgot if it was 150 miles or maybe 100 I don't remember exactly so I would be cared for in my 'area'.
"What I was told AS LONG AS THE MEDICAL FACILITY MET THE REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY FOR CARE that had to be given it would be approved under my coverage."

That is what they are doing for my friend. She started out at major hospitals. Then as her condition got better she was moved down to lower places that did not do major procedures and now she is moved the a nursing care next step if she never goes home is a nursing home. There different levels of health facilities so if your health care needs more than they move you up but when you need less they move you down. But your health care needs are being taken care of to what is required.
Steve

United States

#40149 May 17, 2013
Yes and you?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#40150 May 17, 2013
Maddy as far as I know Nursing homes are not covered under health insurance plans. I maybe wrong but I donot think they are.
Zippo

United States

#40151 May 17, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry Steve the question I should have asked is, do you pay federal taxes?
1.Do you work for the IRS?
2.Do you work for a progressive liberal group?
3.What color is your underwear on Friday's?
4.Is it a different color than Tuesday's?
5.What church do you attend?
6.Do you support ObamaCare?
If not, then list in alphabetical order 15,000 species of flying insects identified to reside in the Amazon Jungle?(attach pages if necessary).
7.Have you ever voted for a democrat? Yes or NO?
8.Are you registered as a democrat? Yes or No?
If no, then attach your doctoral thesis on the regressive hypocritical practices of being a white Christian with racist tendencies must be no less than 1500 pages and is due not later than before end of the day.
Maddy

United States

#40152 May 17, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
Maddy as far as I know Nursing homes are not covered under health insurance plans. I maybe wrong but I donot think they are.
It's a good thing you raised these questions I know I'm at a lost to answer your questions but I think most people don't think about this until it happens to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broken Arrow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Give Us More NedReck Tax Cuts and FancyFuk Prizons 4 hr Look at DAT hapi ... 3
Okmulgee Hospital OVER CROWDED by LIBERALS 13 hr New York Times 1
anyone want roxys 20 hr Officer Sheldon 9
News City Of Tulsa Considers New Public Nuisance Laws (Jul '10) Mon kayla 44
News Mother Of Slain Baby Petitions For Capital Puni... Sun senseless 1
Need update on Ronnie Dale Pollard, Jr.... (Feb '16) Sun RDPisAthief 5
Lip Service Debbie Ruggles Tulsa Transit & Dall... (Mar '16) Feb 18 tulsaTRANSITsux 12

Broken Arrow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Broken Arrow Mortgages