Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,231

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86384 Aug 27, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text> Your hate is very christian like, Blow ME.
your false accusations and your obscenity are very skeptic-like. I do not know how to make bombs, and would be unwilling to risk the lives of any life forms near you. you are more like the nasty -arrogant -insulting, hateful false accusing obscene commenter Skeptic than I am like a Christian of any variety. You are vicious hatred of Christians is so obvious in your overgeneralizations and nasty attacks on them, that your criticism of any of the horrid doctrines of Christianity is not useful, nor is your attack on any of the horrid true believers with the dangerous beliefs. You have portrayed yourself as such an extremist and such a nasty person, that you are counterproductive to the cause you seem to want to promote. You are a horrid person who claims to be an atheist, and that is not useful in making a case for atheism.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86385 Aug 27, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Damn, your calling for all posters on this thread that are on your side to attack the ones that don't care for your superior intelect(laughter), you and christianity are two of a kind, so much hate, just let it go, if not, well, Blow ME.
actually, I would like to see more commenters reject the sort of hatefulness and obscenity and false accusation that you represent. I think it would be good if atheists with a superior intellect did separate ourselves from those with inferior moral and intellectual standards like you and Skeptic.(You do not conduct yourself with civility, and you do no good for the cause of making a case for atheism.)I do not think they need to attack you, but I certainly do not approve of anyone who supports either you or Skeptic in your nastiness, which seems to be the predominant thing you offer on these threads. I have never seen a sign of you having an intellect, but I see your hostilities and intolerance and nastiness in almost all of your comments. My hostility is mostly confined to you and yaa and skeptic, and rightwing Republicans. Are you a rightwing Republican by any chance? I find it difficult to believe that you could be a decent person in the rest of your life, given how you conduct yourself on topix.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86386 Aug 27, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? I have told him several times he is delusional... I have had many posts on here given thumbs up from the Left side of reality also... Maybe that should give me pause also... Reality is that if I agree with someone they like me, If I disagree, not so much.. Just means I am on the right track if I can piss off both sides of the political and religious spectrums.....
I was kidding. You are not like him. I was just teasing you because he agreed with you on something. Actually I disagree with you on lots of things and also like you.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86387 Aug 27, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
My problem is with the women who use abortion as a means of birth control. There are, of course, exceptions to this. I know women who have had multiple abortions. They did not want a child, but they failed to use any birth control.
I agree with you, except maybe the men should also have been blamed equally for not using birth control - condoms. actually blamed more, because it is also a prevention of std's including aids. i think any woman who can prove a sexual relationship without protection should be able to charge a man with a misdemeanor, and have it called a form of rape - even if she would have consented to it if he had used a condom. That might make careless and selfish men be more careful.
The burden should be more on the men. In 31 states a rapist has parental rights. That should be ended. He should have no rights and all sorts of financial and medical responsibilities, including being a required organ donor, with no right of refusal.

If the GOP were serious, and the pro-lifers were serious, they would take more steps against rapists of all sorts, and against incest, and steps to protect women from unsafe situations and conditions. If people were serious, they would oppose sexual harassment. If people were really serious, they would impeach and remove Clarence Thomas from the Supreme Court, as a liar and a sexual harasser.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86388 Aug 27, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a chance in hell!!!! Maybe when you grow up someone will.
I told him I did not know how to make bombs.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#86389 Aug 27, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> your false accusations and your obscenity are very skeptic-like. I do not know how to make bombs, and would be unwilling to risk the lives of any life forms near you. you are more like the nasty -arrogant -insulting, hateful false accusing obscene commenter Skeptic than I am like a Christian of any variety. You are vicious hatred of Christians is so obvious in your overgeneralizations and nasty attacks on them, that your criticism of any of the horrid doctrines of Christianity is not useful, nor is your attack on any of the horrid true believers with the dangerous beliefs. You have portrayed yourself as such an extremist and such a nasty person, that you are counterproductive to the cause you seem to want to promote. You are a horrid person who claims to be an atheist, and that is not useful in making a case for atheism.
Blow ME.

“There is no god.”

USA

#86390 Aug 27, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> actually, I would like to see more commenters reject the sort of hatefulness and obscenity and false accusation that you represent. I think it would be good if atheists with a superior intellect did separate ourselves from those with inferior moral and intellectual standards like you and Skeptic.(You do not conduct yourself with civility, and you do no good for the cause of making a case for atheism.)I do not think they need to attack you, but I certainly do not approve of anyone who supports either you or Skeptic in your nastiness, which seems to be the predominant thing you offer on these threads. I have never seen a sign of you having an intellect, but I see your hostilities and intolerance and nastiness in almost all of your comments. My hostility is mostly confined to you and yaa and skeptic, and rightwing Republicans. Are you a rightwing Republican by any chance? I find it difficult to believe that you could be a decent person in the rest of your life, given how you conduct yourself on topix.
Calling all commenters, a "nasty" lynching in 5 mins, lol, Blow ME.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86391 Aug 27, 2012
really wrote:
THose who most ATTACK the BIBLE are often those most AFRAID it might b TRUE..
There are thin lines between love and hate in some people's rs also... A real "person" of God.. A Christ follower... Someone close to God.. Will not b one of these ppl some of u have described. They will have compassion, empathy, sympathy... But they also have the flesh to deal with... It struggles with the spirit.
Christians are not PERFECT ppl by no means... They are FORGIVEN.. Which means a lot to a sinner especially IF they have been forgiven. Have u ever lied to someone or hurt someone and they "FORGAVE" u..how did that feel? "Or have u needed forgiveness from someone u offended and never gotten it". Well that's what it's about. Forgiving and loving. What could b so "WRONG" with that? Gee whiz ..... R u haters of everything good! Can u not see more evil and bad around you every day? I pray for everyone posting on this sight that our eyes and ears would b open to the Spirit and that we would all come to know the "TRUTH" before u r in the grave and no longer have that CHANCE... Say whatever u will.. This has been going on for some time now, but GOD gave us all a measure of faith aNd that's all we need.
True Christians are peaceful and joyful "Even in the hardest of times" can u say that when u have a death or a bill due or no food? Who do u call on? Who can u call on? Friends, relatives? How many times? Day and night?
My life alone has been spared THREE times in two weeks. Once today. MIRACLES all around ... They r not hard to c or hear... So glad I'm a Christ follower and have peace. I would NEVER trade... Never deny my Jesus..
God BLESS U ALL
You can have your views. Just stop trying to impose them on others, and stop lying about the views and attitudes of others. Those who attack the Bible are those who have read it and have rational minds, and a sense of morality. It is nonsense to think we are afraid it is true. The folks who have to go to church two or three times a week to drum the superstition into the heads of their children and their own selves, do not do anything at all to develop their own rational capacity, they just re-indoctrinate themselves with nonsense time after time. the belief is miracles is superstition. who in the hell are you to have your life saved when hundreds of others are being killed in stupid wars? maybe you think that you are such a good ass-kisser for your God and your Jesus that you get special privileges? what about other socalled Christians who pray and who are good people, and then bad things happen to them.? You are incredibly smug and self-satisfied. your Jesus. what you mean is your madeup excuse for paying any price for anything bad you have done, so you can call yourself saved and not have to apologize to anyone you have injured, because all that really matters to you is getting into a fundie heaven, and not the well-being of anyone you have injured. apologize to the persons you have injured, and pay reparations, don't go running to /God and telling him how much you love him and his son for saving you from the consequences of your harmful actions. and I bet you have done some wrong things - not terribly wrong - and escaped paying any price for it, and avoided apologizing also. you are too self-satisfied to be a good Christian, as you call it. I bet you are a Romney Ryan supporter, and think the poor deserve less, and the rich deserve tax breaks.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86392 Aug 27, 2012
or maybe a bachmann or santorum or palin fololower.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#86393 Aug 27, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> n The gOP is the welcome committee for the white racists of this country. It is the gOP consultants and ad men who play the race card. You do not know how vast the majority is that is not racist, but the majority of racists are in the GOP and independents, and not Democrats. You have gone over to the rightwing extremists and are an apologist for evil on politics. I am not going to ever accuse you of being one of some group like the tea party - I know it is your own thinking and you are not a dittohead. So think some more and turn out to be more understanding of what it is like to be in someone else's shoes, instead of judging others by your privileged white male life.
Then the Dem's are the bastion of black racists of this country.. It is the Liberal consultants that play the race card otherwise why would they not highlight folks like Condoleezza , Cain, Keyes and the other10's of 1000's of Conservative Blacks instead of calling them Uncle Toms, Race Traitors, Step and Fetchets and all the other names the left have used...

On the Conservative side when such racist idiotic positions are taken by the very, very few they are pilloried and spoken of as Idiots by the Vast Majority of Conservatives... When such Idiotic events as standing in front of a polling station with billy clubs happen very few on the left act appalled..

But please let me see your evidence of Conservative Speakers bringing up Race as an Issue and using it as a Race Card..(Not the idiots on the far edges of either side) Just the people that have positions of authority or power that take leadership positions... I can provide many, many on the Left that make it a point when they speak... I cannot seem to find it of Conservatives except when responding to the left playing the Card first..

I do hear the left claiming the Right uses Code Words.. I seem to have never been given the decoder ring... If the Right is the Bastion for Racists then why the heck would any use Code Words? They would get more support with all those conservative racists by simply being up front...

Fact is Conservatives see Blacks being exploited by the left as abhorrent... The powers that be on the left maintain power by keeping them in perpetual poverty.. Giving them just enough to keep them coming back to the table and saying "May I have More Please" ... The greatest threat to the democratic party is a thriving, economically vital, upwardly mobile black population... Theres little difference from the days when southern slave owners just gave enough to keep their slaves alive and under control to pick their cotton crops as to the Left Today giving them just enough to keep their inner city slaves alive so they provide a fresh picking of Votes come election day...

If the left wants to look Racists directly in the eyes the closest mirror is the place to find it....

“There is no god.”

USA

#86394 Aug 27, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>You can have your views. Just stop trying to impose them on others, and stop lying about the views and attitudes of others. Those who attack the Bible are those who have read it and have rational minds, and a sense of morality. It is nonsense to think we are afraid it is true. The folks who have to go to church two or three times a week to drum the superstition into the heads of their children and their own selves, do not do anything at all to develop their own rational capacity, they just re-indoctrinate themselves with nonsense time after time. the belief is miracles is superstition. who in the hell are you to have your life saved when hundreds of others are being killed in stupid wars? maybe you think that you are such a good ass-kisser for your God and your Jesus that you get special privileges? what about other socalled Christians who pray and who are good people, and then bad things happen to them.? You are incredibly smug and self-satisfied. your Jesus. what you mean is your madeup excuse for paying any price for anything bad you have done, so you can call yourself saved and not have to apologize to anyone you have injured, because all that really matters to you is getting into a fundie heaven, and not the well-being of anyone you have injured. apologize to the persons you have injured, and pay reparations, don't go running to /God and telling him how much you love him and his son for saving you from the consequences of your harmful actions. and I bet you have done some wrong things - not terribly wrong - and escaped paying any price for it, and avoided apologizing also. you are too self-satisfied to be a good Christian, as you call it. I bet you are a Romney Ryan supporter, and think the poor deserve less, and the rich deserve tax breaks.
"You can have your views. Just stop trying to impose them on others" As long as it is your view, can we say Hypocrite.
right

Hindman, KY

#86395 Aug 27, 2012
it shouldn't be up to the schools to teach about the bible.if the parents want them taught it should be up to the parent.if they want to take them to church it should be up to the parent to teach them not the schools.because of so many different beliefs.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#86396 Aug 27, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the Dem's are the bastion of black racists of this country.. It is the Liberal consultants that play the race card otherwise why would they not highlight folks like Condoleezza , Cain, Keyes and the other10's of 1000's of Conservative Blacks instead of calling them Uncle Toms, Race Traitors, Step and Fetchets and all the other names the left have used...
On the Conservative side when such racist idiotic positions are taken by the very, very few they are pilloried and spoken of as Idiots by the Vast Majority of Conservatives... When such Idiotic events as standing in front of a polling station with billy clubs happen very few on the left act appalled..
But please let me see your evidence of Conservative Speakers bringing up Race as an Issue and using it as a Race Card..(Not the idiots on the far edges of either side) Just the people that have positions of authority or power that take leadership positions... I can provide many, many on the Left that make it a point when they speak... I cannot seem to find it of Conservatives except when responding to the left playing the Card first..
I do hear the left claiming the Right uses Code Words.. I seem to have never been given the decoder ring... If the Right is the Bastion for Racists then why the heck would any use Code Words? They would get more support with all those conservative racists by simply being up front...
Fact is Conservatives see Blacks being exploited by the left as abhorrent... The powers that be on the left maintain power by keeping them in perpetual poverty.. Giving them just enough to keep them coming back to the table and saying "May I have More Please" ... The greatest threat to the democratic party is a thriving, economically vital, upwardly mobile black population... Theres little difference from the days when southern slave owners just gave enough to keep their slaves alive and under control to pick their cotton crops as to the Left Today giving them just enough to keep their inner city slaves alive so they provide a fresh picking of Votes come election day...
If the left wants to look Racists directly in the eyes the closest mirror is the place to find it....
You type a long post to generalize democrats and/or liberals as being racist, then disown the republicans and/or conservatives who are.
Odd. If you walk up to the average redneck and ask them which party they vote for, which one are they more likely to say?

London, KY

#86397 Aug 27, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You type a long post to generalize democrats and/or liberals as being racist, then disown the republicans and/or conservatives who are.
Odd. If you walk up to the average redneck and ask them which party they vote for, which one are they more likely to say?
Yes because the Right tend to disown Racists while the Left rap them in the protection of self righteousness... Note I specified that those that hold power and make the speeches... A Conservative that simply calls for Work for Welfare is called a racist while a Leftist that calls for Separation is called a Great Leader... So yes, while most do not admit it nor do they even recognize it, liberals are Racists in general... I can give Many General examples of Racists Views that are given general support within liberal policies... Whereas in Conservative policies I am hard pressed to see Race as a specific policy position ...

Depends on if the redneck is from Georgia or Michigan, Chicago or Barbourville, San Fransisco or Salt Lake City....
lol

Columbia, KY

#86398 Aug 27, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes because the Right tend to disown Racists while the Left rap them in the protection of self righteousness... Note I specified that those that hold power and make the speeches... A Conservative that simply calls for Work for Welfare is called a racist while a Leftist that calls for Separation is called a Great Leader... So yes, while most do not admit it nor do they even recognize it, liberals are Racists in general... I can give Many General examples of Racists Views that are given general support within liberal policies... Whereas in Conservative policies I am hard pressed to see Race as a specific policy position ...
Depends on if the redneck is from Georgia or Michigan, Chicago or Barbourville, San Fransisco or Salt Lake City....
Horse pucky doo doo!
Are You Kidding

Mount Morris, MI

#86399 Aug 27, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> I appreciate it when you try to explain satanism more carefully, because otherwise folks will try to misconstrue it. Even after a few pages have gone by, they will go back to misinterpreting your views. However, I think you are a bit roughter on are you kidding than he or she deserves, because I think that person is a more moderate type than the ones we usually call fundies, who are the rightwing extremists who try to force their views on others, through laws and indoctrination of children.
The rightwing fundies are the dangerous ones. They are theocrats who want to Establish religion, contrary to the Constitution. I think some moderate centrist and progressive believers who think they are Christians and yet are not theocrats and Establishmentarians, would be our allies in opposing the attempts of the rightwing nutcases like Palin and Santorum and bachman, to force their views on everyone. I also think there are nice enough persons who call themselves Christians who have humane views on specific issues, maybe similar to your views regarding respect for the environment, etc. I want to keep lines of communication open to the nice ones who have good values and policy views, so we can put together a majority to defeat the horrid rightwing candidates for political office, and disgusting proposed legislation. I suspect are you kidding might be an ok ally in many good causes, so please hit harder at the obvious rightwing fundie extremists in particular, who really deserve it!
J

Thank you! I am just a human being like you. I try to live my life the best I can and help my fellow man. I am not here to judge or to be judged. I make a real effort not to push my beliefs on anyone, but will defend them. I appreciate you understanding.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#86400 Aug 27, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>J
Thank you! I am just a human being like you. I try to live my life the best I can and help my fellow man. I am not here to judge or to be judged. I make a real effort not to push my beliefs on anyone, but will defend them. I appreciate you understanding.
OK, I thought that you where YAA under a different name but he/she would not post what you do.
I may be coming across to strong, I am just fed up with the "We are good and every one else is evil" crap.
We (the Satanist in my church) are not evil, most would give the shirt off their back to help friends, but we do not love our enemies. All of this sacrifice animals bull is just that bull. Most have a leave me alone and I will leave you alone philosophy.
I am angry, I admit it.
On the other hand the Satan fish ( http://www.amazon.com/Satan-Fish-with-Horns-e... ) on the back of my car keeps people from tailgating me.

London, KY

#86401 Aug 27, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse pucky doo doo!
"So you say but cannot demonstrate" - Q

Since: Apr 12

Irvine, KY

#86402 Aug 27, 2012
our bill of rights was taken from the Bible yes we should teach the Bible in school and as for all the atheist we as Christian should just laugh at them when they put up there billboards and post negitive comments we have the Victory in the name of JESUS CHRIST

Since: Apr 12

Irvine, KY

#86403 Aug 27, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>How dare you how dare me.
I do not claim to live by your bible so yes, I judge you with out guilt.
As for your ten commandments they are in the OLD TESTAMENT so they no longer apply???
I admit to being human and having all the traits of humans, that is Satanism.
Man u are dumber than a box of hammers thats a funny comment that the 10 commandments dont apply anymore go out and kill someone and see what u get go out and steal and see what u get still very much in affect i think your funny

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brodhead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Town Cafe 1 hr howard 2
hit and run in december 3 hr citizen concern 1
Joshua Cooley Band 6 hr Rememberwhen 12
Paige hatton and dylan pigg 7 hr jessie 3
Westley and Ragina Mullins 9 hr just concerned 1
Facebook Sun Ben 3
Where to apply for school aide positions in Berea? Sun Get some class 3
Brodhead Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web