SUNY Brockport Student killed after c...

SUNY Brockport Student killed after car accident in Steuben County

There are 46 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from May 23, 2009, titled SUNY Brockport Student killed after car accident in Steuben County. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

A SUNY Brockport student is dead after crashing his car early this morning, and now police are looking into whether alcohol was involved.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

United States

#42 Oct 12, 2009
Yea I'm very shocked some of you people are online talking badly about a boy who has died that u dont even know! U have nothing better to do???!!! I'm crying over how fucked up some of you are, your hurting us with your words on top of hurt we are already consumed by! I just didn't think some of you people could be so evil. I'm so dissapointed. I love you Dakota and miss u every single day

United States

#43 Oct 12, 2009
Lacey wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don't have a clue about Cody, or didn't see the line outside the funeral home during calling hours, or see the outpouring of flowers and donations from the community.
Gosh lace I hate these people :(
But everything you're saying is so true

O Fallon, MO

#44 Oct 19, 2009
Spider wrote:
What's that? 3 Brockport students this year?
Too bad our society/sports fans and young folks are bombarded with the THIS BUD'S FOR YOU mentality, and DRINKABILITY !!. To me this always meant saying hello to the buds on a blossoming tree with their car each spring as new young drivers thought beer and the freedom of driving is an ultimate pleasure.
Katie Needle

Gillett, PA

#45 Jan 23, 2010
I was disgraced to see the negative comments on here about such a loving guy to both his family and friends. I did not know Dakota, but he touched my life yesterday after speaking with his mother and hearing about his. If he can still have that impact on people, that is amazing. Many people don't make the right decisions in life and get a second chance. He didn't and we can't blame him for that. He was a person who had a heart and soul, maybe you should think twice before posting the comments you do. You are only effecting everyone who reads it. His family and friends miss him very much and don't deserve to hear negative comments, they've been through enough and may Dakota rest in peace.

Rochester, NY

#46 May 22, 2012
Kacie Deats wrote:
First I want to say thank you to all of you that said all the positive and great things about Cody. He was lucky to have friends like you all.
I am glad that most of my family members are not googling "Dakota Deats," because when I did I found all these ignorant comments from you all. I cannot even imagine what his mother and father would do if they had to read these comments. We all know, even all of us (his family) that Cody lived on the wild side but he was an amazing, caring and great kid. To most it may look like Cody lived a little carelessly but he was living life to its fullest and NOT many of us can say that. I am going to try my best to follow Cody's lead and start taking chances (def. not drive drunk) and follow the curvy path in life versus the straight and narrow. I have always said I want to run a marathon, hell I may do that now because in the blink of an eye you could be dead just like Cody. And Cody can look down on us from heaven and know that each and everyday he was here he experienced something new and exciting and touched many lives.
Please if you have negative things to say about his careless decision to drink and drive keep it to yourself. We the family and friends are trying to grieve our loss and we don't need the constant negative comments. But I do know that most of us have made stupid decisions in our lives and we learn from them. Unfortunately, Cody will not get to learn from this one because he is dead now.
I love you Cody.
Thank you Kacie! I made the mistake of Googling Cody today and these ignorant comments are making me sick to my stomach. Luckily, there are far more good comments and stories online and in real life from people who actually knew Cody and what an awesome person he was.
I feel bad for the negative commenters for one because they're ignorant enough to comment on a person they never even knew and two, because they will obviously never will never, ever be the kind of person Cody was- caring, funny, generous and kind!

Rochester, NY

#47 May 22, 2012
Wow, you posted on a thread that hadn't been posted on in nearly 2 1/2 years. Congrats at wasting your time and ours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Massena man displays asbestos gripe (Apr '08) Feb '18 Tuna Salad 186
News College: Holiday decorations should be cultural... Dec '17 Bob Plant 2
News Police: Brockport 'frat' worse than 'Animal House' Dec '17 Dump Stir 10
News Area Police Reports Dec '17 Wonder 2
News Record Crowd For Hillary Clinton Westchester Bu... Nov '17 Kellys Heroes 1
News Milgate murder case re-opened (Aug '09) Nov '17 IescapedNY 50
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Nov '16 reasonvoice 27

Brockport Jobs

Personal Finance

Brockport Mortgages