SUNY Brockport Student killed after c...

SUNY Brockport Student killed after car accident in Steuben County

There are 46 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from May 23, 2009, titled SUNY Brockport Student killed after car accident in Steuben County. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

A SUNY Brockport student is dead after crashing his car early this morning, and now police are looking into whether alcohol was involved.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Spider

Waterloo, NY

#1 May 23, 2009
What's that? 3 Brockport students this year?
CapriceClassic

Rochester, NY

#2 May 23, 2009
Another idiot who has not learned how to drive without drinking alcohol, too late now for that lesson.
Oh really

Fairport, NY

#3 May 23, 2009
Drinking, Speeding and no seat belt(implied by the ejected part). He didn't give himself much of a chance did he.
batman

Livonia, NY

#4 May 23, 2009
That's so so young,I am sad to here this stuff. Sorry for the family and friends.
clg

Rochester, NY

#5 May 23, 2009
Thankfully no one else was killed or hurt because if his carelessness!!!
13suks

Rochester, NY

#6 May 23, 2009
I wonder why on his myspace page he says he's from Rochester, when he's really from Bath and going to school in Brockport??? You people always talk trash about Rochester, but then claim to be from here, when your not.
-----
NO City Resident have drunk and drove and killed themselves lately. I guess that's just a thing people form the burbs do.
This Is Crazy

Rochester, NY

#7 May 24, 2009
13suks wrote:
I wonder why on his myspace page he says he's from Rochester, when he's really from Bath and going to school in Brockport??? You people always talk trash about Rochester, but then claim to be from here, when your not.
-----
NO City Resident have drunk and drove and killed themselves lately. I guess that's just a thing people form the burbs do.
You win the award for stupidest comment ever. That must be something people from the City do.
Straight Shooter

Fairport, NY

#9 May 24, 2009
13suks wrote:
-----
No, City residents get drunk and kill each other in arguements and drive bys.
andrew youngblood

Spring, TX

#10 May 24, 2009
i doubt he was drunk ..or that would be the reason he crashed anyways .. i knew him .. he drove to fast .. but he will be missed.
Greece Resident

Rochester, NY

#11 May 24, 2009
Andrew... Your boy was Hammered.I grew up on Haverling St and I drove VERY fast down Mitchellsville Road to and from PBurgh twice a day. Not once have I lost control, this clown likely traveled that road everyday for a few years, maybe even going very fast. The only variable in the accident was his BAC.
Kyle Bills

Canandaigua, NY

#12 May 24, 2009
I'm ashamed of all you arrogant people out there. We've lost a friend, and although some careless decisions led to his death and there's no doubt about how it could have been worse, what happened, happened...and now one of our friends is gone...we'll never see him again. Have some sympathy. And for the kid referring to his facebook pictures...get real...everyone has gone through their partying stages...it's the same as passing out with your sneakers on and getting written on by your friends...it's all in fun, and he clearly wasn't driving in that picture. Dakota Deats was a great kid, and although he obviously made some stupid decisions from time to time, not one single person on here can say they haven't made a stupid decision here or there. Imagine if this was one of your best friends or family members...grow up...this isn't time to make yourself feel good by proving a point...we've lost a friend who we'll never be able to share laughs with or see ever again.
MrsKostun

North Tonawanda, NY

#13 May 24, 2009
13suks wrote:
-----
This has got to be the stupidest comment EVER! All of you kids have a lot to learn! How would you feel if Dakota had been a friend of yours? Maybe even YOUR brother? Would you think these comments were fair? I'm thinking NOT! In any given moment and/or bad choice, our lives can take a tragic turn. Before you drag this boy through the dirt, think about his family. Yes. What he did was stupid and careless, but that doesn't make it any easier for those he left behind. I pray for his family and his friends during this very difficult time.
andrew youngblood

Spring, TX

#14 May 24, 2009
The point is . he will be missed. I would love to see some of you say what your saying to his friends or family including myself and see what kind of response you would get . I loved this kid.
Greece Resident

Rochester, NY

#15 May 25, 2009
Kyle-

Looking at his facebook... 99% of the picture he appears drunk. It establishes the fact that he drinks to excess when he is passed out and covered in flower and marker. That shows a lot of responsibility and descression.

Andrew-

I am sure some will miss him. But I am sure that there are far more that fell as most of us do. Who cares, he did it to himself.

What if in the accident he flipped into the front yard of some one who happened to be taking the dog out. Or through the bedroom wall of a sleeping child. This is shiit that happens all the time, and yet you kids who think that it is OK because it is his
'party phase' fail to see what is actually going on.

Grow up, get a dd or a cab.
Kyle Bills

Canandaigua, NY

#16 May 25, 2009
Must be the "Greece Resident" doesn't read what Andy & I have posted (thoroughly). Just shut up and mind your own business...if you read our posts you'd understand that we understand your point. You fail to understand that what happened, happened. A lot of different things could have happened but it didn't, so don't get hung up on it. The only thing that DID happen was we lost a great friend. Get over yourself for a second...I wonder if you'd have this same standpoint if it was one of your siblings, parents, best friends, etc....looks like you have some growing up to do yourself.
shelley

Rochester, NY

#17 May 25, 2009
this is just awful and so young to die. my prayers are with him and the family. God Bless him!
Sarah

Farmington, NY

#18 May 26, 2009
How can you say who cares he did it to himself? Have you no heart or soul. How dare you judge someone you don't know. Half of facebook is filled with pictures of kids drinking. He was a great guy and I will definitely miss his sarcasm and the way he could make people laugh so easily. You should all feel like shit for having nothing positive to say. We lost a friend and he won't ever be able to come back. rest in peace deats. you will greatly be missed and NEVER forgotten!
Brockport

Elkland, PA

#19 May 27, 2009
Greece Resident wrote:
Kyle-
Looking at his facebook... 99% of the picture he appears drunk. It establishes the fact that he drinks to excess when he is passed out and covered in flower and marker. That shows a lot of responsibility and descression.
Andrew-
I am sure some will miss him. But I am sure that there are far more that fell as most of us do. Who cares, he did it to himself.
What if in the accident he flipped into the front yard of some one who happened to be taking the dog out. Or through the bedroom wall of a sleeping child. This is shiit that happens all the time, and yet you kids who think that it is OK because it is his
'party phase' fail to see what is actually going on.
Grow up, get a dd or a cab.
I would love to know what facebook pictures have to do with the car accident. I have plenty of drunk pictures, don't drive drunk, and graduated with a 3.7. 99% of everyone's facebook pictures were taken when they were completely wasted. Maybe you need to grow up and realize that making crude comments about people's deceased friend and loved one is completely uncalled for and immature. You honestly need to get a life if you have nothing better to do.
customer

Rush, NY

#20 May 27, 2009
99% of EVERYONE'S facebook pictures are of them completly wasted - common really? 99%. Not even close, what are you talking about? So according to you out of 100 pictures posted on facebook you will only be able to find 1 of someone not completly wasted? If this is true YOU need to get a life.
Brockport - 2

Riverside, MI

#21 May 27, 2009
Greece Resident-

If you have such a problem with everyone else in this world you must be so perfect. God Bless you that you are not facing such a tragedy within your own family and friends as his friends and family are suffering. If you have such a strong stance on the consequences of drinking and driving maybe you should take all of your passion and focus it in a positive way... by posting your hate messages in an area where people are trying to honor their friend you are no better than the members of the Westboro baptist church who only spread hate and destruction.

Please, if you would like to voice your messages do so elsewhere and in a productive way. You are only spreading hate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2002 Diaz Chemical Spill Settlement: $255K (Jul '12) Jul '17 Former Holley tax... 5
News Three finalists selected in Spencerport school ... May '17 Jeff 2
News What's your opinion of the Hazzard County Squir... (Feb '13) Apr '17 Hawk 31
Review: Mico Transmission (Oct '09) Mar '17 grace 17
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Nov '16 reasonvoice 27
Zeke's Bottles and Cans (Jun '16) Jun '16 Can 2
News SUNY Brockport alumnus gives $1.25 million to c... (Feb '16) Feb '16 GINA 1

Brockport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brockport Mortgages