House fire on Main Street in Brockport

House fire on Main Street in Brockport

There are 33 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Jan 5, 2010, titled House fire on Main Street in Brockport. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

We are learning more about what might have caused a fire at a home on Main Street in Brockport.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rocky

Oneida, NY

#26 Jan 6, 2010
Shel- wrote:
Seriously? When I saw this story on the news tonight I wanted to reach through the screen and choke Miss Cusson. How incredibly shallow! No concern what-so-ever for her friends/roommates that have lost EVERYTHING, all she's worried about is her precious Hollister jeans & perfume. Finding them was "a weight off her shoulders"? What about the weight of the landlord who lost his whole house which is a source of income for him? This girl is selfish and materialistic and does not deserve a second of news coverage!
Maybe that's because she was involved in the fire too...she was happy to see that some of her precious things weren't destroyed. This doesn't take away from the fact that she is still not happy about her friends things being destroyed, and i personally know her and know for a fact that anything that she salvaged from this fire she will gladly let any of her roommates use when they move into a new place this weekend. If you know anything about Brockport landlords, most of them are scumbags looking to make a quick buck and not fix anything until the code enforcers make them fix it by threat of red tagging the house. Having been in that house numerous times in the past 5 years, this landlord wasn't shooting much higher than many of the others. If you think this girl is so materialistic and selfish, come down to Brockport this weekend and let her know while she is helping her friends move into a new apartment.
CKAB05

Buffalo, NY

#27 Jan 6, 2010
Calindra wrote:
<quoted text>
IF you were in a fire like this, would you rather salvage photos, or a pair of pants?
What the story isn't reporting is that girls were concerned about the sorority's historical pieces that have been around for years on top of their own belongings. A lot of photo's and memorabilia of the sorority from previous years were in the attic, which were obviously destroyed because the roof caved in. These women were able to save a good amount of photos that were on the first floor of the house as well as other important items to the organization. It's unfortunate that whoever did the reporting made them seem selfish and materialistic because one girl was heard saying she wanted her jeans that were a Christmas gift from her mother. Regardless of anything, these are college students, and from what I remember from my day I did not have a lot of money to buy new things that easily.

-An Alumn of Theta Phi Chi
KKMSemanti

Rochester, NY

#28 Jan 6, 2010
i love you girls!
Brockport

Bethesda, MD

#29 Jan 6, 2010
Everyone reacts to tragedies differently. It's none of your business to judge any of these girls for anything they said. They were in shock! They are great girls
Daniel

Rochester, NY

#30 Jan 6, 2010
I hope they recovered their deodorant and make-up.
Brandy

Marietta, NY

#31 Jan 8, 2010
Honestly- I think the news team had fun with this is put forth the face of sorority... not people. The main girl shelby is an excellent worker and does understand money and what its worth. She works very hard for it. I know I work with her. I know she works while shes in school unlike some kids and works every opportunity she can when she is home from school. She was home for about 10 days around christmas and I think she worked everyday she was home except for christmas and christmas eve- we were closed those days. Shes and exceptional person and worker. Unlike some kids she is always pleasant to be around. We work at a fast paced restaurant in a small community. My main point is dont judge a book by it's cover and dont judge these girls by this story- sometimes the edit out things that can persuade you to think otherwise of people.
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#32 Jan 8, 2010
CKAB05 wrote:
<quoted text>
What the story isn't reporting is that girls were concerned about the sorority's historical pieces that have been around for years on top of their own belongings. A lot of photo's and memorabilia of the sorority from previous years were in the attic, which were obviously destroyed because the roof caved in. These women were able to save a good amount of photos that were on the first floor of the house as well as other important items to the organization. It's unfortunate that whoever did the reporting made them seem selfish and materialistic because one girl was heard saying she wanted her jeans that were a Christmas gift from her mother. Regardless of anything, these are college students, and from what I remember from my day I did not have a lot of money to buy new things that easily.
-An Alumn of Theta Phi Chi
You ladies don't have to feel sorry for what was said. So what, as long as no one was injured it's ok. THERE IS HISTORY IN THAT BUILDING. AND IT IS OK TO CONSERVE HISTORY. WHAT A LOSS.

AN ALUMN OF ALFA PHI SIGMA EPSILON PI
i am a moron

Rush, NY

#33 Jan 8, 2010
bigsingle wrote:
<quoted text>
You ladies don't have to feel sorry for what was said. So what, as long as no one was injured it's ok. THERE IS HISTORY IN THAT BUILDING. AND IT IS OK TO CONSERVE HISTORY. WHAT A LOSS.
AN ALUMN OF ALFA PHI SIGMA EPSILON PI
seems to me an alum would be able to spell alpha correctly. And take pride in being an alum to make sure they didn't make a typo.

red neck man

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#34 Jan 8, 2010
i am a moron wrote:
<quoted text>
seems to me an alum would be able to spell alpha correctly. And take pride in being an alum to make sure they didn't make a typo.
Gee,you think that someone that makes 4 million a year and is high up in the criminal justice system would know how to spell that.
Suzanne Shutter

Valley Stream, NY

#35 Jan 9, 2010
It is a shame the conditions these children live in Brockport. These landlords do nothing for these kids. Parents have to call and beg to get rid of skunk smells, get heat, get rid of mold....
Politicians need to get involved or the law with these landlords and stop them already from threatening the health and lives of these kids for their own financial greed.
Mr Skeptical

Warsaw, NY

#37 Jan 10, 2010
Suzanne Shutter wrote:
It is a shame the conditions these children live in Brockport. These landlords do nothing for these kids. Parents have to call and beg to get rid of skunk smells, get heat, get rid of mold....
Politicians need to get involved or the law with these landlords and stop them already from threatening the health and lives of these kids for their own financial greed.
ROFLMAO!!?!?!? Yea, well the landlords could do all that, but they'd have to charge a lot more for rent now, wouldn't they. Hey, if you want first class service from a landlord, try paying $1500/mo. for a place in Pittsford.

OF course, you'll still have the same problems since college students typically trash these houses. They're college students afterall. They throw parties all the time, splill beer on the rugs, and the sheer number of people moving in and out makes it completely impractical to keep a college student rental in pristine condition, Get real.
THE ROACH

Batavia, NY

#38 Jan 10, 2010
Mr Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!!?!?!? Yea, well the landlords could do all that, but they'd have to charge a lot more for rent now, wouldn't they. Hey, if you want first class service from a landlord, try paying $1500/mo. for a place in Pittsford.
OF course, you'll still have the same problems since college students typically trash these houses. They're college students afterall. They throw parties all the time, splill beer on the rugs, and the sheer number of people moving in and out makes it completely impractical to keep a college student rental in pristine condition, Get real.
MR SKEP I HAD TO PAY THREE MONTHS SECURITY DEPOSIT ON MY APT THATS WHAT THESE LANDLORDS NEED TO DO FURTHERMORE BY REALESTATE LAW TENAANTS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE RENTER INSURANCE ALSO WHICH A LOT OF LANDLORDS DONT ENFORCE IT.
i am a moron

Rush, NY

#39 Jan 11, 2010
Mr Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
there is a difference between "pristine" and having a warm house that doesn't smell like a skunk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2002 Diaz Chemical Spill Settlement: $255K (Jul '12) Jul '17 Former Holley tax... 5
News Three finalists selected in Spencerport school ... May '17 Jeff 2
News What's your opinion of the Hazzard County Squir... (Feb '13) Apr '17 Hawk 31
Review: Mico Transmission (Oct '09) Mar '17 grace 17
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Nov '16 reasonvoice 27
Zeke's Bottles and Cans (Jun '16) Jun '16 Can 2
News SUNY Brockport alumnus gives $1.25 million to c... (Feb '16) Feb '16 GINA 1

Brockport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brockport Mortgages