Library management & staff rude and i...

Library management & staff rude and inconsiderate

Posted in the Broadway Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Library neighbor

Marysville, OH

#1 Apr 29, 2013
The Library management and staff who park on the street in front of out homes are very rude and inconsiderate of their neighbors and community. Street parking is very valuable to us who reside by the Library, we do not have a lot of off street parking to accomodiate when our family and friend visit but that doesn't stop the Library management and staff from parking on the street all day so they do not have to park a few feet farther in their own lot or one of the city lots.
I will remember how little they care about their neighbors and the community when the levy needs renewal.
mplcs

Marysville, OH

#3 Apr 30, 2013
Kate is too damn special to park in the lot with the common employee's so she has to park on the street closer to the door. She is sooooooo special .
sue

Marysville, OH

#4 May 4, 2013
mplcs wrote:
Kate is too damn special to park in the lot with the common employee's so she has to park on the street closer to the door. She is sooooooo special .
dont forget about suzie b also
animal control

Belle Center, OH

#5 Jul 24, 2013
Yeppers- two peas in a pod & throw in them drunkies C&J fer good measure....Baby!
voter

Marysville, OH

#6 Oct 16, 2013
I will not vote for any levy since the still park in front of our homes instead of the parking lot.
Passthepopcorn

Columbus, OH

#7 Oct 17, 2013
So you think people should loose the access to books and a great knowledge source because it takes up your parking? Sounds reasonable and not selfish or small minded at all! It isn't like people need to read or have access to good resources or resources to get their kids to love learning and reading. Knowledge is so old school and over rated!
You know speaking of parking when we lived downtown Columbus there were a bunch of selfish people who took up the parking in front of our house. Let's ban those football games too so that we can park! Yay! Great plans. Up with stupidity down with smarts!
Passthepopcorn

Columbus, OH

#8 Oct 17, 2013
(P.S. that is called sarcasm dear. Sarcasm is the use of irony to show contempt or saying one thing but meaning the opposite. I usually wouldn't spell it out like that but I'm concerned your little brain might get confused *pats your head sweetly*)
voter

Marysville, OH

#9 Oct 17, 2013
Passthepopcorn wrote:
So you think people should loose the access to books and a great knowledge source because it takes up your parking? Sounds reasonable and not selfish or small minded at all! It isn't like people need to read or have access to good resources or resources to get their kids to love learning and reading. Knowledge is so old school and over rated!
You know speaking of parking when we lived downtown Columbus there were a bunch of selfish people who took up the parking in front of our house. Let's ban those football games too so that we can park! Yay! Great plans. Up with stupidity down with smarts!
The Library employees have their own lot and access to the city lots but insist on taking up all of the street parking in front of our homes, that is rude.
Have you been to Library lately? I doubt it. What great resources does our Library offer that google doesn't?
mplcs

Marysville, OH

#10 Oct 17, 2013
voter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Library employees have their own lot and access to the city lots but insist on taking up all of the street parking in front of our homes, that is rude.
Have you been to Library lately? I doubt it. What great resources does our Library offer that google doesn't?
Cris and Sue need to park as close as possible to the entrance because they can not walk more then a few feet without being out of breath and in dire need of oxygen. This is the result of the chain smoking all day.
Passthepopcorn

Columbus, OH

#11 Oct 22, 2013
voter wrote:
<quoted text>
So have you, oh I dunno... tried to go in and tell the director about this parking issue? He is extremely interested in improving the library and I've talked to him and heard several other people giving suggestions which he listens to and is interested in. If you got off your lazy butt and went in there to talk with him I'm sure he would talk to the employees and tell them to park in their lot but instead of trying that you'd rather close down an entire public resource.

Also I have been to the library many times. They offer story times for children, home schooling resources, GED practice tests, exam proctoring, computer classes for people, multiple fun classes, classes on financing, tax help, genealogy, a great selection of movies including new ones, computers for those who can't afford them or have to use one immediately because they have a project or something and theirs broke, they offered a creative writing class for teens over the summer to try and get them into writing, they also now offer ebooks and audiobooks for people who prefer that, they offer adult learn to read books, they have a book club, and that is just naming a few. You could argue things like genealogy can be googled but not everyone can afford a computer right now and there are a lot of people, especially elderly, who don't know how to use computers well. Not to mention a lot of things, like genealogy, cost money online and are free through the library.

Have you ever been in a library at all?
Passthepopcorn

Columbus, OH

#12 Oct 22, 2013
mplcs wrote:
<quoted text>
Cris and Sue need to park as close as possible to the entrance because they can not walk more then a few feet without being out of breath and in dire need of oxygen. This is the result of the chain smoking all day.
Cris does park on the street a lot of days but Sue always parks in the staff parking lot in one of the very far spaces. I don't know about the rest of the staff but whenever I have been to the library and she is there that's where she is always parked. I know because I've seen her in her car on her breaks several times. Which by the way is also where she goes to smoke with the windows rolled up so it isn't bothering anyone.
watchingthemoron parade

Columbus, OH

#13 Oct 22, 2013
mplcs wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how all the negative people on this forum show their ignorance by running their mouths about shit they know nothing about. Get your facts straight before you start yapping.
voter

Marysville, OH

#14 Oct 22, 2013
Passthepopcorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Cris does park on the street a lot of days but Sue always parks in the staff parking lot in one of the very far spaces. I don't know about the rest of the staff but whenever I have been to the library and she is there that's where she is always parked. I know because I've seen her in her car on her breaks several times. Which by the way is also where she goes to smoke with the windows rolled up so it isn't bothering anyone.
So why are we paying her to spend her day in her car smoking instead of working?
Passthepopcorn

Columbus, OH

#15 Oct 23, 2013
voter wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are we paying her to spend her day in her car smoking instead of working?
It is called a 15 minute break. It is a legal requirement if an employee is working over a certain amount of hours a day, depending on how many hours it could be 1 for say a 5 or more hour shift and two for a 9-10 hour shift. Not just at the library but at all jobs. Haven't had a job for a while I take it?
Victoria

Brecksville, OH

#16 Sep 1, 2015
They really should be considerate of their neighbors and not park on the street when there are so many options for parking in that area
Victoria

Brecksville, OH

#17 Sep 1, 2015
Maybe the local newspaper should do an exposé on this.
Check the books

Columbus, OH

#18 Sep 3, 2015
LOL. Go for it Kevin. 5th grade journalism.
Victoria

Independence, OH

#19 Sep 3, 2015
My name is Victoria, I think an epose on how the employees act and how time and money is managed would be of great interest to the taxpayers.
Check the books

Columbus, OH

#20 Sep 3, 2015
While you're at it. Look into the MJT books and the balloon fest proceeds.
Victoria

Independence, OH

#21 Sep 3, 2015
I am sure the balloon festival was handled appropriately. And that is not taxpayer money

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broadway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Smart Mobility Corridor to become Ohio's first ... Dec 1 They cannot kill ... 1
Angela Bays (Mar '13) Dec 1 Eddie 5
sPam Nov 17 lose weight sPam 1
Trump Protesters Infected by Oscar-Mayer Virus!!! Nov 16 osu 2
News 2017 Acura NSX Nov 6 Proud of the NSX ... 2
Any changes at MPL (Nov '15) Nov 6 Simone 47
Marcus Williams accident on 36 Nov 5 Seen in paper 1

Broadway Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Broadway Mortgages