Brecksville memorial vandals apologiz...

Brecksville memorial vandals apologize to vets

There are 1 comment on the Garfield Maple Sun story from Aug 26, 2010, titled Brecksville memorial vandals apologize to vets. In it, Garfield Maple Sun reports that:

This granite Civil War eagle briefly served as a centerpiece to the new and newly refurbished Brecksville veterans memorial.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Garfield Maple Sun.

ohio wrangler

AOL

#1 Aug 26, 2010
It is hard to instill patritism in our young people when we let a very few take God out of our every day lives. I remember the morning records playing hymns at school and then we did the pledge of allegience. As young as we were we felt pride in our country, and the hymns reminded us to try to do the right thing. Now we have a president running this country who does not believe God should be with our every day lives, a man who does not show reverence to our alligience pledge, a man who seems to thumb his nose on all that made America a great country. I don't give a damn where he was born, he is not an American at heart. Our politicians set the example for our youth that it is all right to be corrupt and two faced. They also teach our youth not to work together but to stand by your group whether right or wrong and to hell with the state or country. Too many of our leaders are setting bad examples for this country. I salute the few who don't bow down to having God erased from our courthouses, our prayers, and everywhere else they find Him. America today is similar to the corruption that ended the Roman way of life. They started out with decent laws and people, and over time they gradually erased all that they had stood for. Today we usually picture a scene of lust or the murder of Caesar when we think of Rome. That is where our great country is headed if we don't stand up for what we had.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broadview Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homeowners in Brecksville hope to sell land for... Dec '16 kwc 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Nov '16 Musikologist 21
Why I hate the police (Dec '10) Nov '16 Ohio 2
News Fight against housing complex continues Nov '16 Akron1415 1
Shooting investigation Nov '16 CleveColumbus 1
Dry ice? (Jun '16) Jun '16 mobile99 1
Sprint service in Broadview Heights? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Josh 1

Broadview Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance