Restaurant back in George family's hands

The daily operations of the Tangier restaurant are back in the hands of the George family. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
justme

Loudonville, OH

#23 Dec 7, 2007
"What a revolting development!" Just goes to show Satan really is the prince of this world, he gives to those who are his, for a little while. Then it's payday.
justme

Loudonville, OH

#24 Dec 7, 2007
lara wrote:
I have an awsome Idea why don't all of you who hate the George's go live your own lives and stay the f**k out of theirs! Unless your god and know what really happened, then you can judge!But until then no one cares what your opinions are! So get the hell over it!
Wow, are you Cindy or Ed's new lover or both? Sheesh, people have the right to discuss a murderer who was let out of jail, and is among them, to have another chance to murder again. They made their own mess and now you want people to forget about it? Nope, no can do, she's far too dangerous.
justme

Loudonville, OH

#25 Dec 7, 2007
past employee wrote:
<quoted text>Snotty thing to say, she never ran the restaurant. That's a mean spirited thing to say to all the employees that put their blood, sweat and tears into that place. There are alot of good memories there, with customers, and employees. What's happened to her had nothing to do with Tangier. My years of working there will always be fond memories. Edward wasn't easy to work for, but at the end of the night, he always smiled and thanked me for getting the job done and customer service was his first priority.
Bragging on yourself is soooooooooooooooo boring to those around you. Didn't your momma ever teach you that?
Frank Costanza

Chicago, IL

#27 Dec 8, 2007
Running a restaurant over an extended period of time is the hardest thing to do. I was in the business for years. Ed George did a great job with it and I have no doubt that if anyone can restore it to greatness, it is him.

It may be time to take down some of the autographed photos now. No one remembers "Waylon and Madame" or many of the others.

Since: May 07

Indianapolis, IN

#28 Dec 8, 2007
Cloverine Fleetwood wrote:
Some of you movie fans will remember the end of the 1980 Stanley Kubrick thriller, "The Shining". The film was set in 1980 or so. At the very end, a photograph of a ball which had been hanging in the hotel is shown. In the center of the picture is a picture of the Jack Nicholson character as a young party-goer. The caption on the picture dated it from 1921. When I go to Tangier, it feels like I am in that photo. Tangier is a nice memory but has no present. Trying to revive it would be as fruitful as performing CPR at the morgue.
I love "The Shining". Tangier DOES seem like the Overlook Hotel now doesn't it?

Let's face it, Tangier is a faded relic. It has been surviving mainly on the force of its past reputation for many years now. The decor is uber tacky, the food is mediocre at best and it's way overpriced. Why anyone would go there anymore is beyond me. Since part of every dollar spent there goes to maintaining the lifestyle of an adulterous skank who more than likely got away with murder, I just don't see people flocking to that dusty old monstrosity anymore. Maybe I'm wrong but I do not foresee a successful future for Tangier.
No Future Justice

Lorain, OH

#29 Dec 8, 2007
lara wrote:
I have an awsome Idea why don't all of you who hate the George's go live your own lives and stay the f**k out of theirs! Unless your god and know what really happened, then you can judge!But until then no one cares what your opinions are! So get the hell over it!
I don't think people hate the Georges. I think they pity Ed and his children. They may love Cindy, but she is what she is. She was convicted of murder. She did drag the family's name through the mud. She is a serial adulterer. They are public figures here in Akron and people have an opinion. That's what this board is all about, posting opinions about what happens here and is written about in the Beacon Journal.
justme

Loudonville, OH

#30 Dec 8, 2007
Matt from Akron wrote:
<quoted text>
I love "The Shining". Tangier DOES seem like the Overlook Hotel now doesn't it?
Let's face it, Tangier is a faded relic. It has been surviving mainly on the force of its past reputation for many years now. The decor is uber tacky, the food is mediocre at best and it's way overpriced. Why anyone would go there anymore is beyond me. Since part of every dollar spent there goes to maintaining the lifestyle of an adulterous skank who more than likely got away with murder, I just don't see people flocking to that dusty old monstrosity anymore. Maybe I'm wrong but I do not foresee a successful future for Tangier.
Exactly.
Jed

Akron, OH

#31 Dec 8, 2007
<--- Ashamed to say it- but I'd hit it.
justme

Loudonville, OH

#32 Dec 8, 2007
Jed wrote:
<--- Ashamed to say it- but I'd hit it.
Aren't you afraid you'd catch something? Better think twice, then go get her if you still want to. She's obviously pretty easy.
ARG

Akron, OH

#33 Dec 9, 2007
Cindy is a murderer. That either bothers you or it doesn't. How about a cup of French Onion soup?
Akron Reader

Pittsburgh, PA

#34 Dec 10, 2007
Customer wrote:
Ed Sutter did a nice job. Sorry to see him leave.
Glad he's gone - couldn't have happened to a "nicer" guy. He's right up there w/Cindy - have you looked
at his court record?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broadview Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toby Kolman's teeth... 44 min Margaret Boose 7
voting Jan 17 george 1
Ham Radio Clubs Jan 15 Herbie Foran 1
W8GC, I shit my pants Jan 3 Margaret Boose 3
Cuyahoga Amateur Radio Society F U C K Y O U Jan 2 Margaret Boose 13
Toby Kolman WT8O Dec 25 Margaret Boose 1
Cuyahoga Amateur Radio Society Dec '14 Massimo da Milano 1
More from around the web

Broadview Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE