United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2011

Judged:

Why does lexington always seem to be hiring?
Shelly3000

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2011

Judged:

Babyhuey8795 wrote:
As an ex employee, I can tell you that lexington is a joke. When they first opened, it was great. They cared about everybody( staff and those who live there. However, now they are just trying to get rid of all the full time people to hire all part time. Hence all the hiring. If you get hired you will not get a full time job and they play mind games making you think there is an opportunity for you to get a full time spot and benefits, but in the long run it wont happen. Like I said, lexington is a joke!
exemployee

Geneva, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2011

Judged:

Agree 100% with Shelly3000!'Cept you left out the part where they let you know on a day to day basis where and when you'll be working! Nothing like getting a phone call a few minutes before you're leaving for work to say you have to go to a house half way across the county. They are so top heavy in administration that they can't afford to hire full time workers- I left and went to Liberty.
joke

New Baltimore, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

Judged:

I worked there for 4 years and loved it until someone turned me in for neglect non the less I would never ever hurt any of them and they were like family....I left and bettered myself that place is garbage...all the higher ups are a joke if Steve would stop doing all the ladies that became directors or assistant directors some of those houses would be so much better! instead he's worried which p*ssy he's gonna get into next nasty rotten man! That's all

Since: Apr 12

Fort Plain, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

I think it depends on where you work; which house and how good the staff are that you work with. Some houses are good. some are not.
these days, jobs are few and far between. they have good benefits, but that is if you can find a full time spot. good luck if you ever work there.
quit that place

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

Babyhuey8795 wrote:
Lexington claims to offer benefits and full time employment , however they only give you part time hours and you never get the benefits. Now they are even cutting hours from the full timers. I think they should cut more at the top and there monthly meetings are a Hugh waste of time and money. Put that money in my pocket!
Great place

Pulaski, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Judged:

Lexington is a great place to work.

“what's up everybody”

Since: Oct 11

here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Great place wrote:
I agree
East House

Forestport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

Great place wrote:
The East is the best dont work in the west.
Need Job

Forestport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

Are they hiring now? I need a good job sick and tired of these stipid morons telling me what to do all the time. I heard Lexington just takes people for rides and its a cake job.I like cake. where do i get an application?
Always

Johnsburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

Judged:

I think Lexington is always hiring.
M Donalds

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

try a fast food joint they treat the employees with respect. Lexington craps all over everyone. Stay away from steve he is only out for himself.
like steve

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2012

Steve is out to help the company!
10223amp

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

Shelly3000 wrote:
<quoted text>
As an ex employee, I can tell you that lexington is a joke. When they first opened, it was great. They cared about everybody( staff and those who live there. However, now they are just trying to get rid of all the full time people to hire all part time. Hence all the hiring. If you get hired you will not get a full time job and they play mind games making you think there is an opportunity for you to get a full time spot and benefits, but in the long run it wont happen. Like I said, lexington is a joke!
Lexington is trying to rid itself of crappy workers, so if you were let go you must be pretty crappy. no joke here.
SOTS

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

You can have my job because I quit! Sick of the shit!
Old and in the Way

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

Judged:

I am a 10+ year veteran at Lexington, my wife 9....
Any time you have 1500 employees someone will find fault.
I have worked in the same house for 9 of 11 years and my wife in several. Have there been problems, sure but the good far out weighs the bad. You will find that most Lex. staff are civic minded, kind, caring and professional people.
While some of you complain about less hours and top heavy management the government mandats the staffing cuts and while you work 30-40 hours in a house or day facility most administrators work 50-60 and get paid for 40 no matter what. They take phone calls 24/7 and are expected to respond immediately to serious incidents. It does not matter if they are eating dinner with their family or at a wedding, when they get the call they have to go. I would not walk a mile in their shoes for a million bucks. Why slander all female administrators? It is just sick, just as sick as you think S. is.

Lexington has always been there for the people it supports, their families, the employees and their families and the community at large.

They make a positive impact! Rest in Peace Paul.
scuba steve

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

I would like to work in a place where I can only get a 10 minute lunch break. Yay Lexington.
Liberty for all

Old Forge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

Judged:

Old and in the Way wrote:
I am a 10+ year veteran at Lexington, my wife 9....
Any time you have 1500 employees someone will find fault.
I have worked in the same house for 9 of 11 years and my wife in several. Have there been problems, sure but the good far out weighs the bad. You will find that most Lex. staff are civic minded, kind, caring and professional people.
While some of you complain about less hours and top heavy management the government mandates the staffing cuts and while you work 30-40 hours in a house or day facility most administrators work 50-60 and get paid for 40 no matter what. They take phone calls 24/7 and are expected to respond immediately to serious incidents. It does not matter if they are eating dinner with their family or at a wedding, when they get the call they have to go. I would not walk a mile in their shoes for a million bucks. Why slander all female administrators? It is just sick, just as sick as you think S. is.
Lexington has always been there for the people it supports, their families, the employees and their families and the community at large.
They make a positive impact! Rest in Peace Paul.
upper MGT waste money on lunches and spend a good part of the 40 hour work week sitting in meetings gossiping about how they will give the shaft to a few more full timers so they can continue the cake position they uphold. Watch out you or your wife may be next.

Managers should jump on the floor and help out from time to time,leave shopping and meetings for the staff. DSC's need to stop doing the Managers jobs unless they get the pay. Lexington needs a UNION!
Training Center

Old Forge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

The Training center is a great waste of money, teaching everyone the same thing when most of the time it is never used is a waste. Each house should teach what is needed in each house. If they want to train a handfull of qualified floaters to work at any house then fine. but why teach 1500 staff to stop a hair pull when only 2 houses have people that may pull hair. Hey just hire bald people for those houses. Get rid of the old people who cannot transfer properly and the floaters that pretend they dont know how to assist.
Pay Day

Adams, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Liberty is getting a raise and bonus again this year. What the hell is Lexington doing with their money. How about a bonus and pay raise?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Broadalbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pour jims 15 hr DUDE7788 1
UPS Union man said call cops on all drunk UPS d... Thu Union for ups 1
Machete Fight In Amsterdam Wed friend 3
Bonnie Davis Wed Mamba 1
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Aug 19 College Professor 6,391
School buses Aug 17 Ollie 2
Why is G'ville getting to be so bad? (Jul '09) Aug 17 Local-- NOT 40

Search the Broadalbin Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Broadalbin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Broadalbin People Search