Covenience Store Owner Critically Wou...

Covenience Store Owner Critically Wounded

There are 18 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 1, 2007, titled Covenience Store Owner Critically Wounded. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The owner of a convenience store in the Broad Brook section of East Windsor is in critical condition today after being shot in the head during what police say was an attempted robbery Wednesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Rich

AOL

#1 Mar 1, 2007
No matter how many foolish and unconstitutional gun laws are passed,the criminals will always have the means to get them.
The store owner should have been armed,and carried a gun openly.
Mike

Guilford, CT

#2 Mar 1, 2007
I was just about to post the same thing Rich did!

gun laws don't stop criminals. they stop law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves!

that said, I hope these dirt bags are apprehended quickly and justice is served to the fullest extent possible.
Bob

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Mar 1, 2007
I was in the store at around 8:05 last night. If I had been in later who knows if I would be alive today. That is scary. The owner is one nice guy. I hope he recovers.
Bob

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Mar 1, 2007
I see it says North Grafton.Ma on my comment, but I live within a couple of minutes of One Stop on Sullivan Farm Road in Broad Brook.
Rob

Wethersfield, CT

#5 Mar 1, 2007
Thats Terrible. What a bunch of scum bags. Almost killing a man for, what,$50 each? How much money could they possibly get from a store like that... especially split 3 ways.

I hope they die in prison... assuming they are 100% sure its the right suspects.
pamela

AOL

#6 Mar 1, 2007
Bob from Sullivan Farm Road. Is my boy friend,I asked him to come over but he had to go home tired after work. Good thing or he could of been in the store at the time of the robbery.
Neighbor to One Stop

Vancouver, Canada

#7 Mar 1, 2007
They need to burn down Mill Pond Village! This is not the first time this polite, considerate, family man has been robbed. The robbers come from Mill Pond...if they don't live there the have people there! Three black men, Hmmmmm.
beth

Windsor Locks, CT

#8 Mar 1, 2007
What is happening to East Windsor? How frightening to think the Mobil Station was being robbed at the same time! I agree with the sentiment on Mill Pond Village, and now another apartment complex is coming to town. The schools are full of rude and unruly future criminals. How sad to think this is what this quiet, rural, small town has become.
Mike

Cary, NC

#9 Mar 1, 2007
I believe that this location is right next to the site of a (former) package store where the female owner and mother was stabbed to death a number of years ago.
Kelly ANd Jake Kissel

Broad Brook, CT

#11 Mar 1, 2007
My Heart goes out to Javed's family, I lived next to him for some time...his children are acceptional (his twins are the same age as my son) and his
wife, Raffia, so sweet.....Javed has such a easy going, quiet personality and a laid back way about him, there was no need for this.....a quiet and personable man deserves to be protected....this is twice in the same location, last time his wife was there....isn't there anything that can be done about the @#$%#^%in Mill Pond Village? What happened to the police substation?... what kind of person would shoot his kind.....A COWARD FOR SURE!!!!!! Our prayers are with you Javed.....don't worry they will find this low life $%^*%^&!!! Maenwhile get better my friend......
Kelly ANd Jake Kissel

Broad Brook, CT

#12 Mar 1, 2007
pamela wrote:
Bob from Sullivan Farm Road. Is my boy friend,I asked him to come over but he had to go home tired after work. Good thing or he could of been in the store at the time of the robbery.
Hi Pam....you're right!!!! Jake and I agree!!!!!!!!!!
mike broad brook CT

East Windsor, CT

#13 Mar 1, 2007
There is alot of good people living at mill pond. Many are hard working people that hold steady employement, but there is more thrash ,unworking garbage that just hang out and take up space.
Kelly ANd Jake Kissel

Broad Brook, CT

#14 Mar 1, 2007
mike broad brook CT wrote:
There is alot of good people living at mill pond. Many are hard working people that hold steady employement, but there is more thrash ,unworking garbage that just hang out and take up space.
Agreed..........maybe we as a community should be more informed about "what" moves in there....many(most) are section eight recipiants who have no concept of what a friendly community should be.....they only understand FREE on there rent receipt the people who have come into cmmunity are used to the games and deceiptfulness of drives them to move away from the city to begin with....what they have done is bring the trash with them....well leave it where you came from...go back with your drugs and violence, it's bad enough that the kids from Mill Pond and Hartford are sooooo unrully that the vice principle has to physically walk some of them to the bus just to avoid physical abuse on other children........AND!!!.....why do I have to pay the rent for some loser who takes advantage of the system and preys on those of us who HAVE had a hard time but who never took a hand out we take care of ourselves.....The Town of Broad Brook and Mill Pond Village should consider giving up the welfare section eight hand out and allow a reasonable rent for those people who actually earn a liviung instead having us...the tax payers...pay what we don't have toward these lazy freeloaders.......teach your own children to behave and stop killing ours!!!!!!
Marilyn

United States

#15 Mar 2, 2007
Our family has lived in Mill Pond and moved, not due to anything 'bad' happening there, but due to rent that we could no longer afford. We aren't section 8, and neither are a good portion of the people that live there. Our prayers go out to Javed's family, the little ones and Raffia. They are some of the nicest people, and always had a good word for everyone.
Section 8 is a program that apartments have to take, the ones as large as Mill Pond, and most of the people that live there aren't low-lifes, they're working-class people. There is a sub-station there, right on the premises, which closes early but then police do patrol there, just like they patrol the rest of the town. There are also community meetings regularly at Mill Pond, it's a beautiful place to live.
In my experiences over the times I've lived there, they've all been good. Don't judge by the MINORITIES actions - and who said the people that did this were from Mill Pond in the first place, as another store on North Road, was also robbed, in addition to Mobil and also Shell (other end of town totally), has been hit too, as well as some of the town's banks. None of those are anywhere near Mill Pond.
Our prayers and concerns are for this family and the needless violence that's all over the United States these days, from the cities to the smallest towns - it's got to stop!
Marilyn

United States

#16 Mar 2, 2007
Just noticed my last post said West Hartford, I'm a lifelong E. Windsor resident, and currently still live in Broad Brook.
khan south windsor

South Windsor, CT

#17 Mar 10, 2007
we lived in millpond village from 1998 to 2002.It was good place before section eight.after that it was terible.I was unable to send my children to same school where those section eight childrens were going.i am glad I don't live there any more.
Javed was good friend of mine.he is dead now.God may keep his soul in peace.
Some day those section eight paracites must be kicked out of there for human safety.i hope I am not rude.I am very sad today.
new to neighborhood

Middlefield, CT

#18 Mar 13, 2007
Wow, we are just moving into this area, I hope that this is just an unusual phase. Are the schools really that bad there? I was told otherwise.
new to neighborhood

Middlefield, CT

#19 Mar 13, 2007
We are just moving in to the area, I ruly hope that this is an unusual phase that the area is going through. I was told that the schools were good and getting better. Was that a lie?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broad Brook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teardown Of Terminal B At Bradley Airport Begin... Jul 21 Larry 1
Old septic tanks Jul 6 Jan Harris 1
melanie stevens of somers arrested for child en... Jul 4 ellingtoncitizen 2
david bartini suffield,ct alcoholic & wifebeate... (Dec '13) Jul 3 Researcher 5
kimberly bender teacher ct investigated for chi... Jul 2 4wheelerguy 1
james and laura bagg (May '14) Jul 1 melaniechilders 2
Travel Deals scam now in CT (Jun '11) Jun '15 emiligray 78
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Broad Brook Mortgages