Store that sold Sandy Hook gun loses license

Apr 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WAPT-TV Jackson

A Connecticut store that sold a gun used to kill 26 people last December at Sandy Hook Elementary School no longer can legally sell firearms.

Comments
1 - 20 of 47 Comments Last updated May 5, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Apr 6, 2013
Good.

Maybe if we held people who sell guns responsible for the crimes committed with those guns, it would cut down on the number of nutjobs who get guns.

Just as a bar owner can be held liable for serving alcohol to a drunk who later harms someone in a DUI.

If you want to sell a product who's primary purpose is to kill, then you should be liable if that product is used in a crime.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#2 Apr 6, 2013
The guy who sold the car to the drunk, is then really responsible. Impossible to have a DUI without a vehicle. So, technically, you need to go after the bullet company. A gun without ammo is just a club. Common sense dictates the drunk driver or the murderer is responsible. Not progressively speaking of course.

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Apr 6, 2013
RustyS wrote:
The guy who sold the car to the drunk, is then really responsible. Impossible to have a DUI without a vehicle. So, technically, you need to go after the bullet company. A gun without ammo is just a club. Common sense dictates the drunk driver or the murderer is responsible. Not progressively speaking of course.
The primary purpose of a car isn't to kill things.

If you give your car keys to an obviously drunk person you CAN be held liable if they hurt someone.

If you sell a gun to someone who uses it in a crime, you SHOULD be held liable.

Maybe people would be a bit more careful who they sell guns to, like the moron owner of the gun store in Sandy Hook.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#4 Apr 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If you give your car keys to an obviously drunk person you CAN be held liable if they hurt someone.
Maybe people would be a bit more careful who they sell guns to, like the moron owner of the gun store in Sandy Hook.
How do you count how many clay disk you kill when you shoot in competition trap? How many paper targets do you kill when you shoot in competition pistol shoots? These are all in the OLYMPICS. All guns are NOT MADE TO KILL. Morons kill not the GUNS.

If the gun dealer had all of his paper work correct and there were no laws broken then HIS FREEDOM OF RIGHTS WERE TAKEN AWAY BY IDIOTS. Americans are sick of their freedoms being taken away and I do believe this is one area where all of the states will FIGHT this issue.

Your way of thinking is - All knives will have to be turned in because they cut and kill children, also a baseball bat - and the list goes on and on - get real.

If a child is killed in a car wreck by a drunk driver then the car dealer and the tavern owner should be closed down. This goes with your way of thinking and makes about as much sense as your comment on the gun dealer.

The Left Coast

#5 Apr 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't disagree. If you give your keys to a person who is drunk, you should be held liable. If you give your keys to a sober person and he goes out the next day and gets drunk, why would you be liable for his DUI?

Tawas City, Michigan

#6 Apr 6, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you count how many clay disk you kill when you shoot in competition trap? How many paper targets do you kill when you shoot in competition pistol shoots? These are all in the OLYMPICS. All guns are NOT MADE TO KILL. Morons kill not the GUNS.
If the gun dealer had all of his paper work correct and there were no laws broken then HIS FREEDOM OF RIGHTS WERE TAKEN AWAY BY IDIOTS. Americans are sick of their freedoms being taken away and I do believe this is one area where all of the states will FIGHT this issue.
Your way of thinking is - All knives will have to be turned in because they cut and kill children, also a baseball bat - and the list goes on and on - get real.
If a child is killed in a car wreck by a drunk driver then the car dealer and the tavern owner should be closed down. This goes with your way of thinking and makes about as much sense as your comment on the gun dealer.
Actually the tavern owner CAN be charged if they knowingly served an intoxicated driver, as they should be.

Again, the primary purpose of a gun is to kill things. I don't care if you use it for a paperweight; that doesn't change its primary function.

If you don't want to be held accountable for a gun death, then I suggest you be VERY careful whom you sell your gun to.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7 Apr 6, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't disagree. If you give your keys to a person who is drunk, you should be held liable. If you give your keys to a sober person and he goes out the next day and gets drunk, why would you be liable for his DUI?
If he's using your car, then yes, you should be liable as well.

If you don't want to be held liable, then you shouldn't let him use your car.

Same applies if you allow a person to
How hard is that to understand?
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

#8 Apr 6, 2013
big deal,the kind of deal the public eats up..hell just sell the store to a family member,and get back to work.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Apr 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If you sell a gun to someone who uses it in a crime, you SHOULD be held liable
if memory serves, lanzas mother legally purchased the firearms from the dealer after filling out the background check form and the FBI approving her legal status to buy them. Lanza took her guns after killing her in her home with one of them. hardly can be seen as a 'sale'.

The Left Coast

#10 Apr 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If he's using your car, then yes, you should be liable as well.
If you don't want to be held liable, then you shouldn't let him use your car.
Same applies if you allow a person to
How hard is that to understand?
Really? Seriously? Your family must truly wonder about you, and I assume you have no friends. And, it would painfully, radically left, progressive for any reasonable person to understand. You’re the crazy, off the wall, zealots that keeps the NRA memberships pouring in . Hell, you'd scare Feinstein and that ignorant nut job representative from CO who thought rifle magazines were guns. You are definitely giving Marine Corp Patty a run for most delusional. Tell us you use drugs and drink a lot, it will help.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#11 Apr 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the tavern owner CAN be charged if they knowingly served an intoxicated driver, as they should be.
Again, the primary purpose of a gun is to kill things. I don't care if you use it for a paperweight; that doesn't change its primary function.
If you don't want to be held accountable for a gun death, then I suggest you be VERY careful whom you sell your gun to.
Well my guns just do not know how to pull the trigger all by it's self. It has to be in someone hands for the trigger to be pulled so the bullet can fly out the end of the barrel.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#12 Apr 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me where I can find one of the guns that shoots by itself and does not require a finger to be on the trigger?

Tawas City, Michigan

#13 Apr 6, 2013
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
if memory serves, lanzas mother legally purchased the firearms from the dealer after filling out the background check form and the FBI approving her legal status to buy them. Lanza took her guns after killing her in her home with one of them. hardly can be seen as a 'sale'.
Right, in that case she was sloppy about securing her weapons and it cost her her life. Unfortunately she also caused the death of 25 innocent people as well.

Tawas City, Michigan

#14 Apr 6, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Seriously? Your family must truly wonder about you, and I assume you have no friends. And, it would painfully, radically left, progressive for any reasonable person to understand. You’re the crazy, off the wall, zealots that keeps the NRA memberships pouring in . Hell, you'd scare Feinstein and that ignorant nut job representative from CO who thought rifle magazines were guns. You are definitely giving Marine Corp Patty a run for most delusional. Tell us you use drugs and drink a lot, it will help.
Nobody drives my car but me & my husband; we're both on the insurance and the ONLY people covered by our insurance. Allowing someone else to drive my car who isn't covered by my insurance would be negligent as well as stupid.

If you don't want to be held liable for crimes committed when you sell a lethal weapon, then I suggest you be REAL careful whom you sell it to.

Tawas City, Michigan

#15 Apr 6, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my guns just do not know how to pull the trigger all by it's self. It has to be in someone hands for the trigger to be pulled so the bullet can fly out the end of the barrel.
DUH!

That's why the person pulling the trigger goes to jail and not the gun.

Tawas City, Michigan

#16 Apr 6, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me where I can find one of the guns that shoots by itself and does not require a finger to be on the trigger?
Actually guns go off all the time without a finger on the trigger. There was a lady in the news the other day shot by her own gun when she dropped it. No finger on the trigger.

You can be as stupid as you want. It's not going to stop us from taking away as many guns as possible.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#17 Apr 6, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly why the point is not to ban guns, but to ban ownership by psychologically disturbed people. Toward this end, thorough universal background checks are needed.

Personally, the first person I would diqualify from gun ownership is Wayne LaPierre. That loon is really scary.

The Left Coast

#18 Apr 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody drives my car but me & my husband; we're both on the insurance and the ONLY people covered by our insurance. Allowing someone else to drive my car who isn't covered by my insurance would be negligent as well as stupid.
If you don't want to be held liable for crimes committed when you sell a lethal weapon, then I suggest you be REAL careful whom you sell it to.
I am. Well, not so much who I sell my car to. But you have me worried now, I sold my house a few years back to a nice young couple and heard they just got busted for using drugs. Hope the cops don't show up at my door demanding an explanation.

Tawas City, Michigan

#19 Apr 6, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
I am. Well, not so much who I sell my car to. But you have me worried now, I sold my house a few years back to a nice young couple and heard they just got busted for using drugs. Hope the cops don't show up at my door demanding an explanation.
If you can't tell the difference between selling a lethal weapon designed to kill and a car or a house, then you're as stupid as you look.

The Left Coast

#20 Apr 6, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>That is exactly why the point is not to ban guns, but to ban ownership by psychologically disturbed people. Toward this end, thorough universal background checks are needed.
Personally, the first person I would diqualify from gun ownership is Wayne LaPierre. That loon is really scary.
How about this guy that wrote this Larry, he sounds a little psycho scary - right?

"What rubbish, Rustoleum. Youn have the f''ing nerve to assert that I don't care about children dying from other causes because I'm addressing the issue at hand, that "tiniest number" who were torn to pieces by a maniac with enough firepower to pump 11 bullets into each kid?"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broad Brook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
8 Milo Peck Ln house Aug 27 Ania 1
Did your propane company over charge you in 2013 (May '13) Aug 21 Gassy 2
kittens Aug 12 Angela Maringola 2
dentist to avoid !!!!! caution (Feb '08) Jul '14 Shelby 16
South Windsor Major Little League Champs 2014 Jun '14 Coach Jim 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Enfield, CT (Jul '10) Jun '14 Berwynn 55
james and laura bagg May '14 sad 1
•••
•••
Broad Brook Dating