Wallace Middle School
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Abby

Bristol, VA

#1 Jan 26, 2013
Does anyone have any problems with there child at Wallace Middle School?

Since: Aug 12

Bristol, VA

#2 Jan 26, 2013
I think they have a lack of parent and staff communication and we have had a problem with my daughter wanting to check out early. At one point they called me 4 times in one day saying she was sick yet wasnt running a fever or vomitting, so I made her stay (cause me know my child was just trying to come home lol) anyways they finally called that same day for the 4th time saying she had head lice well when I went to get her I checked her head myself and couldnt find anything. I treated her and my home and she returned. What probs are you experienecing???
Abby

Bristol, VA

#3 Jan 27, 2013
Igree with u, I have had problems with my child failing a very important test, not wanting to go to school afraid of whats going to happen that day, we have sickness alot but we spend alot of time on studying. Know another child that is having alot of problems and it breaks my heart to see what she is going threw. The staff talking about parents and students. We r not deaf and can hear it. My child wants to be moved but can't afford to, but don't think she should have too. Teacher comment was told to her by another student in front of the whole class made my child cry and not the only staff there that has done it. Bullying is under control but not for another child i know.

Bristol, VA

#4 Jan 28, 2013
Yes daughter doesnt seem to want to go to school either. Its everyday she wants to stay home. She went to Virginia Middle which is absolutely horrible for bullying and the staff does nothing about it. As far as the staff talking bad to the kids and about them and their families,I dare my child to come home and tell me something like this cause I would definately be the "redneck bad mama" cause I would show my butt up there.
Parent

Bristol, VA

#6 Jan 29, 2013
I would never send my children to county schools, heard nothing but bad about them.

Bristol, VA

#7 Jan 29, 2013
I have to admit as far as the academics my childs grades have greatly improved from virginia middle school!!!
educator1

Bristol, VA

#8 Jan 29, 2013
newfam4 the reason is because the county schools curriculum is much easier than the city schools.I know this from being involved in both systems.That is fine if grades mean more to you than actual knowledge.
yep

United States

#9 Jan 29, 2013
That's B.S. Ed. Same state, Same curriculum.

Bristol, VA

#10 Jan 29, 2013
That might be the case but you also gotta think about how the teachers teach the children. And considering its my child whose grades I'm speaking of I believe I would know. My child is very smart. And she is learning they same things here she was learning in the city. Again I guess it all plays on how the teachers present the curriculum.
Brats

Weaverville, NC

#11 Jan 29, 2013
Let me tell you something! I am [email protected] sick of you deadbeat parents blaming the teachers for your little brats bad behavior! Every [email protected] parent thinks that their child is smart but most of them in this hick town are dumber than door nails! I have taught in this hick town for 4 years and now I am sick of it! This will be my last year! Stupid redneck trailer trash is what you hicks are! The schools try to help your kids but you won't let them! Just keep up the dumb talk. That is all you losers will ever do in your pathetic lives is be losers!
Parent2

Bristol, VA

#12 Jan 29, 2013
I had family who sent their children to Wallace and Battle and it was awful. I have friends who live in Co and want to send their children to City Schools.
Dad

Bristol, VA

#13 Jan 29, 2013
Seems like your child has trouble where ever she goes. Maybe you should consider home schooling her.
newfam4 wrote:
Yes daughter doesnt seem to want to go to school either. Its everyday she wants to stay home. She went to Virginia Middle which is absolutely horrible for bullying and the staff does nothing about it. As far as the staff talking bad to the kids and about them and their families,I dare my child to come home and tell me something like this cause I would definately be the "redneck bad mama" cause I would show my butt up there.
Brats

Weaverville, NC

#14 Jan 29, 2013
Dad wrote:
Seems like your child has trouble where ever she goes. Maybe you should consider home schooling her.
<quoted text>
Homeschooling is great for kids who are problems! Please get them out of here!

Bristol, VA

#15 Jan 29, 2013
You know what we all have our own opinions, say what you want as your entitled to it. But until you know my child then don't run your mouth about her. And unless your child goes to wallace then why are you even putting your two cents in this thread? The schools both county and city are not what they used to be. I know my child and I know what she is made of and all about. Nothing you say will hurt my feels or get my blood boiling. As far as trailer park trash honey I dont have any welfare babies never have never will. Myself and my husband work very hard for our home and our children. And from the way you expressed yourself on here the school system will be much better off without a teacher like you teaching the children. Its teachers like this that cause students to not progress in their academics.
Wallace Parent

United States

#16 Jan 29, 2013
Well Said Dad.
Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Melissa

Bristol, VA

#17 Jan 30, 2013
I agree with you dad. She seems to be having issues with city and county schools maybe the problems lies with the parenting and the child, not the school at all.
Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Melissa

Bristol, VA

#18 Jan 30, 2013
You came on this public forum, therefore it is for anyone to respond with their opinions, not just what you want to hear. You should try counseling or home schooling.
newfam4 wrote:
You know what we all have our own opinions, say what you want as your entitled to it. But until you know my child then don't run your mouth about her. And unless your child goes to wallace then why are you even putting your two cents in this thread? The schools both county and city are not what they used to be. I know my child and I know what she is made of and all about. Nothing you say will hurt my feels or get my blood boiling. As far as trailer park trash honey I dont have any welfare babies never have never will. Myself and my husband work very hard for our home and our children. And from the way you expressed yourself on here the school system will be much better off without a teacher like you teaching the children. Its teachers like this that cause students to not progress in their academics.
A Mom

Bristol, VA

#19 Jan 30, 2013
newfam4 wrote:
Please don't not ever say...."I know my child and I know what what she is made of and all about". Those that say that... well it comes back to bite them eventually. My son is a senior, and what a great young man he has become. Still to this day I would never say..."I know my child". Trust me... you only think you know your child. What ever is going on at Wallace or any other school... your only hearing one side of the story.... I do wish you luck and hope that your child turns out as half as my son has done.
Mommy

United States

#20 Jan 30, 2013
As a mother of 2 grown young adults, I agree that you are only hearing half the story. I use to jump to my kids defense just to learn I had not heard compete truths. I learned fast to hear both stories. And with your child having problems in both schools makes me go......hmmmmmm, just what is the problem! I prefer VA Middle School and VHS over WMS or JB any day.
I heard

Bristol, VA

#21 Jan 31, 2013
I have heard the only reason people pull their kids from VMS or VHS is because of racist attitude. What are you gonna do when your kids get out in the real world around all ethnic groups.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bristol VA City Counci (Jan '17) 17 hr Jon Hall 837
Drug houses in bristol va 20 hr Wth 9
Becky love Thu mcfly 1
Bristol compressors/universal fibers (Jan '16) Thu Really 47
grandkids Thu zippy999 7
Scandals in the 80's Thu zippy999 1
Hottest gals at WCYB (Apr '14) Thu BritishChick 69

Bristol Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance