Johnny Wood Plaza unveiled in Bristol...

Johnny Wood Plaza unveiled in Bristol, Virginia

There are 25 comments on the WCYB story from Dec 19, 2012, titled Johnny Wood Plaza unveiled in Bristol, Virginia. In it, WCYB reports that:

Our Johnny Wood was honored yet again Wednesday morning when Bristol, Virginia city leaders unveiled the Johnny Wood Plaza.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCYB.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Catch and Release

Bristol, VA

#1 Dec 20, 2012
Johnny Wood’s retirement is like a death in the family for viewers, but, after 44 years, it is a day he deserves. This nice, caring, dedicated and friendly gentleman is now forever lost to us during the morning news. A sad day indeed!
To honor Johnny, TV-5 should hang a sign on the front door that reads,“GONE FISHIN’.”
You made TV-5 what it is today, Johnny and you will be missed…terribly!
God’s speed, Johnny Wood…may He forever keep you in the palm of His hand! Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Its all fine and dandy

Lebanon, VA

#2 Dec 21, 2012
Catch and Release wrote:
Johnny Wood’s retirement is like a death in the family for viewers, but, after 44 years, it is a day he deserves. This nice, caring, dedicated and friendly gentleman is now forever lost to us during the morning news. A sad day indeed!
To honor Johnny, TV-5 should hang a sign on the front door that reads,“GONE FISHIN’.”
You made TV-5 what it is today, Johnny and you will be missed…terribly!
God’s speed, Johnny Wood…may He forever keep you in the palm of His hand! Merry Christmas to you and your family.
but, my gosh enough is enough. channel 5 has run the man's retirement into the ground,, even running the ad about his last telecast from the Paramount way after the event done took place on the 21st. So the man retired, it's not like everybody in the whole region hadn't heard about it. Yes, he is wished well by all, but enough is enough. The media seems to never know when to let a subject rest, just like the school shooting. We have heard enough, move on to another subject.
old timer

Johnson City, TN

#3 Dec 22, 2012
Amen he shoud have retired 5 years ago
OMG

Johnson City, TN

#4 Dec 23, 2012
Its all fine and dandy wrote:
<quoted text>but, my gosh enough is enough. channel 5 has run the man's retirement into the ground,, even running the ad about his last telecast from the Paramount way after the event done took place on the 21st. So the man retired, it's not like everybody in the whole region hadn't heard about it. Yes, he is wished well by all, but enough is enough. The media seems to never know when to let a subject rest, just like the school shooting. We have heard enough, move on to another subject.
theres a channel up and down button on your remote. ever thought about using it?
OMG

Johnson City, TN

#5 Dec 23, 2012
old timer wrote:
Amen he shoud have retired 5 years ago
maybe you should have changed the station 5 years ago.
OMG

Johnson City, TN

#6 Dec 23, 2012
oh yeah FYI they are going to run the final show again on Christmas day!! YAY! i forgot to dvr it friday so it will be good to have a second chance to see it!
GateCityGreatCit y

Kingsport, TN

#7 Dec 24, 2012
I heard Johnny is really angry with the City of Bristol over this plaza deal. He apparently misunderstood what the dedication was about and went to the ceremony thinking they were unveiling a Johnny Wood Pizza.
Bahaha

Gate City, VA

#8 Dec 24, 2012
When I read the title of the forum I actually thought thats what it said! God im a sorry fat bastard...
GateCityGreatCity wrote:
I heard Johnny is really angry with the City of Bristol over this plaza deal. He apparently misunderstood what the dedication was about and went to the ceremony thinking they were unveiling a Johnny Wood Pizza.
Jenkinsizbetta

Kingsport, TN

#9 Dec 25, 2012
That jonny is 1 fat slob who is reely fat. He so fat tthe las time he went fishen he eat all the fish bate b4 thefish coud. He eats with a nife an fork liff!!! Lol!!!! May be jonny can move back 2 GAtecity an help keep the hopnop n biz
Carl

Tucker, GA

#10 Dec 25, 2012
He ok but to fat
the truth hurts

Gate City, VA

#11 Dec 25, 2012
I too think its time to uuuh, how can I put this politely? Ohh I know, PLEASE STFU ABOUT PORKEY WOOD ALREADY! What the he!! is wrong with you damm people? He did a great job for all those years, but then again so could any other fat a!! given the same opportunity. But to sum it all up, to see a butterball grow old on tv before our own eyes doesnt make the butterball my hero. So please STFU about porkey wood. THANKS
OMG

Johnson City, TN

#12 Dec 25, 2012
Jenkinsizbetta wrote:
That jonny is 1 fat slob who is reely fat. He so fat tthe las time he went fishen he eat all the fish bate b4 thefish coud. He eats with a nife an fork liff!!! Lol!!!! May be jonny can move back 2 GAtecity an help keep the hopnop n biz
just throwing this out here but have you ever thought about looking in to maybe getting an education? it's really worth it.
really

Knoxville, TN

#13 Dec 25, 2012
Why are you people so rude? What did Johnny ever do to you? Probably nothing because he is the nicest person. Sounds like you're all jealous. And I'm sure you'll say there is no way you are jealous of such a big man but give it up. He's retired, he served the community well, and he's a very respectable person. Find someone else to pick on.
the truth hurts

Gate City, VA

#14 Dec 25, 2012
Yes johnnys probably a great guy and he did a great job with the news for all those years, now STFU about him and let him retire in peace. JUST GIVE IT A REST!!
Jenkinsizbetta

Kingsport, TN

#15 Dec 28, 2012
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
just throwing this out here but have you ever thought about looking in to maybe getting an education? it's really worth it.
hay y u tack me 4? i aint no ffat slob like jonny or ppl taht whach him r prolly fat slobs 2. i got some then bttr then edcaiton i got job an a baddass car!! what u got ? pt crooser? u bettr get bigger car if u an jonny r goen 2car pool 2 golden corale. lol!!! 4 reel!!
Bahaha

Gate City, VA

#16 Dec 28, 2012
You have a better education? Hahaha Really?
Jenkinsizbetta wrote:
<quoted text>
hay y u tack me 4? i aint no ffat slob like jonny or ppl taht whach him r prolly fat slobs 2. i got some then bttr then edcaiton i got job an a baddass car!! what u got ? pt crooser? u bettr get bigger car if u an jonny r goen 2car pool 2 golden corale. lol!!! 4 reel!!
OMG

Johnson City, TN

#17 Jan 4, 2013
Jenkinsizbetta wrote:
<quoted text>
ummmmm glad you got a badass car. probably all you have going for you
Jenkinsizbetta

Kingsport, TN

#18 Jan 4, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>ummmmm glad you got a badass car. probably all you have going for you
hay hater. whhat u no bout any thing? badass car = hot chiks .baddas car= faster car then urs. I can out run u an score wile u loose. may b u think nex time b4 u make nother dumbss post
Maui4me

Cookeville, TN

#19 Mar 7, 2013
Some of you are really mean to crack on Johnny like that. At least he could read, write and spell unlike what's been posted by a betta fish from Jenkins.:D
jon

Cedar Bluff, VA

#20 Mar 8, 2013
Jenkinsizbetta wrote:
can't understand you for the cock you have in your mouth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Your opinion Sat Pam99 1
Highlands Fellowship Bonham Rd Sat SandiRieck 19
Potiental company moving into the former Ball C... Sat In the news 3
Who dat old red head at Sams Club (Nov '16) Sat Wondering 171
Oral Sex Dec 15 Learnt 23
Attorney W. Shawn McDaniel (Apr '13) Dec 14 SexyPam 19
WCYB's On-Air Talent (Sep '16) Dec 14 Captain Kirk 33

Bristol Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance