plasma donating make some money

Posted in the Bristol Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
red

Kingsport, TN

#1 Aug 29, 2012
Such a great way to make extra money.... This has helped my family so much.....there is a center in Bristol off of Euclid
hippie

United States

#3 Aug 31, 2012
Yes i use to go their. It averages out to about 270 a month. Place is clean an i never sae any junkies there. Besides a junkie would get deverted from the center
motorcycle man

Gaffney, SC

#4 Oct 11, 2012
Yep, someone Told me today I can make about $700 if I go 2x a week, 8 times a month from now until Christmas
yeeha

Bristol, TN

#5 Oct 14, 2012
I quit going when the one down in J.C. nearly ran the needle all the way through my arm.....nearly came out the other side.....NEVER again....
blood

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Oct 14, 2012
where is the one in bristol located
motorcycle man

Johnson City, TN

#7 Oct 15, 2012
blood wrote:
where is the one in bristol located
off of Euclid Avenue near Aarons across from Food City
Anna

United States

#8 Dec 4, 2012
They don't test you for drugs. Its mostly iron, protein, lipid, & such. I know friends that abuse drugs & donate all the time. Yes alot that go there have jobs, dress nice, drive nice cars but that doesn't mean shit. As long as you don't have a major life threatening disease or take the medication on the deferral list then they don't care. Its going for a good cause and you make money.
Anna

United States

#9 Dec 4, 2012
motorcycle man wrote:
Yep, someone Told me today I can make about $700 if I go 2x a week, 8 times a month from now until Christmas
First two times you go you get $50. After that its $35 then $40. Your 8th donation you get an extra $10. They sometimes have little bonus things going but they don't this month.
ben

Charlotte, NC

#10 Dec 4, 2012
It really is the cleanest plasma center in the area. The people that work there are real nice.
Curious

Stanley, NC

#11 Jan 14, 2013
Is this place still open ?
ben

United States

#12 Jan 14, 2013
Yes it is.... Went there today
truth

Mooresville, NC

#13 Jan 15, 2013
O.k. people...little bit of honesty now. 95% of the people who sell plasma are drug users and welfare bums. If you were doing it for the tight reason, you'd do it for free.
ben

Greer, SC

#14 Jan 16, 2013
Nah a lot of people that donate have full time jobs and are upstanding people in the community.... They want to save lives by donating ....not just about the monet
umm

Kingsport, TN

#15 Jan 19, 2013
I'm a nurse (not rich as so many people seem to think) and just found this site when googling plasma donation. I am not a drug user or welfare bum, but I could use some extra money while doing something that helps other people. I actually would do it for free, but since I'm not a welfare bum and I have bills to pay, I can use the money and they are offering it. Why would I refuse it? You're probably one of those people who thinks doctors and nurses should "help people" out of the kindness of their hearts too, huh? Yeah, that's sooo realistic.
Truth

Moore, SC

#16 Jan 21, 2013
umm wrote:
I'm a nurse (not rich as so many people seem to think) and just found this site when googling plasma donation. I am not a drug user or welfare bum, but I could use some extra money while doing something that helps other people. I actually would do it for free, but since I'm not a welfare bum and I have bills to pay, I can use the money and they are offering it. Why would I refuse it? You're probably one of those people who thinks doctors and nurses should "help people" out of the kindness of their hearts too, huh? Yeah, that's sooo realistic.
As a nurse, you can't read to well. I didn't say 100%. However, there are many nurses that ate irresponsible and/or drug users. You're occupation doesn't mean a thing.
OMG

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jan 21, 2013
@Truth. Do u even have a job? I doubt it!! You look like a big dummy!! I guess u r donating for free because u get free housing, food stamps, free electricty and anything else u can get for free.
Facts

Kingsport, TN

#18 Jan 23, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
As a nurse, you can't read to well. I didn't say 100%. However, there are many nurses that ate irresponsible and/or drug users. You're occupation doesn't mean a thing.
First of all, the proper grammar would be, "you can't read TOO well." Furthermore, considering that you said, "If you were doing it for the 'tight' reason, you'd do it for free," I don't think you're one to talk about anyone else's reading ability. Proof read much?

Sure, there are drug abusers in every occupation. However, since you specifically said that 95% of donors are "welfare bums," it makes perfect sense for a nurse to point out that they are a nurse because it means they are employed. It's obvious to anyone of average intelligence that the point being made was that they are not a "welfare bum" and not to say that there has never been a nurse who was a drug addict. There are drug addicts in all walks of life, even amongst the most trusted profession.

Do you do your job for free? If you don't, then you must only be in it for the money. Guess what, dildo? There are many people who do their jobs for the RIGHT reasons, but they accept compensation because they have bills to pay just like everyone else. Teachers, preachers, doctors, etc. all accept money and most of them are also doing what they do because they like to help people.

When's the last time you volunteered your time, donated blood, or gave away a car or home to a needy family? There are plenty of people in need of cars and/or homes, and if you were doing everything for "the right reason" then you would give away your belongings instead of selling them.

Shup up, moron.
Fact

Todd, NC

#19 Jan 23, 2013
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, the proper grammar would be, "you can't read TOO well." Furthermore, considering that you said, "If you were doing it for the 'tight' reason, you'd do it for free," I don't think you're one to talk about anyone else's reading ability. Proof read much?
Sure, there are drug abusers in every occupation. However, since you specifically said that 95% of donors are "welfare bums," it makes perfect sense for a nurse to point out that they are a nurse because it means they are employed. It's obvious to anyone of average intelligence that the point being made was that they are not a "welfare bum" and not to say that there has never been a nurse who was a drug addict. There are drug addicts in all walks of life, even amongst the most trusted profession.
Do you do your job for free? If you don't, then you must only be in it for the money. Guess what, dildo? There are many people who do their jobs for the RIGHT reasons, but they accept compensation because they have bills to pay just like everyone else. Teachers, preachers, doctors, etc. all accept money and most of them are also doing what they do because they like to help people.
When's the last time you volunteered your time, donated blood, or gave away a car or home to a needy family? There are plenty of people in need of cars and/or homes, and if you were doing everything for "the right reason" then you would give away your belongings instead of selling them.
Shup up, moron.
In fairness, he didn't correct your grammar or spelling. It's fair to say that most of us type from phones, which means that in all likelihood you'll easily hit the wrong button occasionally. He appeared to be correcting the presumed assumption of your post that he said 100% of plasma donors were bums or addicts, and to reiterate that occupation had no bearing on the possibility of being an addict.

Now, I'd like to add my two cents. I have set up and managed several of these facilities. Sadly, "truth" is far more correct than wrong. The great majority of our donors are unemployed. Most have been, or will be regular donors, which could imply a lack of desire for gainful employment. Even sadder, most have needle tracks or other symptoms/signs of drug or alcohol abuse. In my fifteen years in this business, I have never had one single person refuse the money. I'd like to think our donors are there, at least partly, out of goodness of heart. However, its been my experience that their donation is a money only occurrence. It's why we have to be creative with how we pay out to keep them coming back.

Giving plasma is much different than giving blood. It can be painful and time consuming. Precisely why the majority of donors are there for desperate reasons. Yes, some are legitimate financing struggles. But most, at least by all appearances, are there for extra drinking or drug money.
duh

Kingsport, TN

#20 Jan 23, 2013
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
In fairness, he didn't correct your grammar or spelling.
It would require more intelligence for someone to correct another's grammar and spelling than it requires to say, "As a nurse, you can't read TO well."
Plasma Ray

Bristol, VA

#21 Feb 2, 2013
A lot of ppl donate and they let them go too soon and then they pass out. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 5 min News Flash 4,058
Men suck! 1 hr Unclear 9
Jimconrad blankenbecler 2 hr observer 1
adult viewing booths 20 hr John q 2
Dan r 21 hr Tru Dat 22
Review: Falcon Pharmacy (May '13) Tue Hard Dickens Cider 6
bvu fuel cost adjustment (Dec '08) Dec 13 Eddie M 22
Bristol Dating
Find my Match

Bristol People Search