Bristol Hospital ER is a JOKE

Posted in the Bristol Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
what

Bristol, VA

#1 Jul 24, 2012
What in the world is going on at that er. It is the craziest place I have ever been. They think everyone is a drug seeker. They do nothing but stand around the desk talking and laughing. Something needs to be done about that place.
Myself

Bristol, VA

#2 Jul 24, 2012
Sadly drug abuse is a problem in our area. They shouldn't treat everyone like an addict but they do. Most of the time it seems the peole that are out there looking for drugs get what they want while the people that actually need help are put on the back burner.
oranges

Bristol, VA

#3 Jul 24, 2012
The er has a problem for sure. After a visit with my mother last week to the er I can sure see why everyone talks bad about the place.
Unbelievable

Raleigh, NC

#4 Jul 24, 2012
Sadly, this area is full of pill heads. I heard the Tri-Cites is one of he highest of prescription drug use in the country. This is pathetic. Bristol ER are ony doing what the laws say to do. They are going by the rules. I personally have never had a problem there.
Myself

Bristol, VA

#5 Jul 25, 2012
I acknowledged the drug abuse problem and I didn't personally say anything bad about Bristol ER. It is all the hospitals in the area. I'm sure it's not easy on the doctors to make the call about pain medication. With the increase in patient volume due to "pill seekers" i'm sure it's hard for them to know who is really out there for a reason or just to get pills. While some people are obviouly having issues with others it is hard to tell. You also have to take into consideration that drug addicts are some of the best liars and deceivers possible. I've wathced many of my friends go down this road and become someone I don't even know. I had some issues with my Gallbladder and they treated my excellent at Bristol ER. At first they acted funny towards me and I think it was becuase I am young. Once they realized my blood pressure was through the roof and I was really in pain they were very considerate. I had to take the pain medication until I could get the surgery and personally I don't see what the big hype about it is. It made me lazy and disoriented. My comment about being "put on the backburner" was because when I first checked in, I was puking, running a fever, and crying in pain. They gave me a urine specimen cup before I was even triaged. I had to wait until that came back to get pain medication. Which I realize that it is something they have to do now. It just didn't set with me well when I was in pain. As far as all the addicts go I wish they could get their life straightened out. I've known a lot of these people and it affects the people around them just as much as the addict.
info

Bristol, VA

#6 Jul 25, 2012
I do know depending on WHO you are is how you are treated. Everyone should be treated equal but they are not.
been there

United States

#7 Jul 25, 2012
Make sure you have someone with you if you have to go to Bristol ER....they "lose" personal belongings. Abingdon sux too.
oranges

Cambridge, MA

#8 Aug 16, 2012
The nurses there told me they were right out of nursing school. That is scarry to know.
Former nurse

Monroe, NC

#9 Aug 16, 2012
[They hate the patients and make fun of them behind their back. If you only knew you wouldn't go there
whatatard

Bristol, VA

#10 Aug 16, 2012
Yep, they do make fun of patients behind their backs, and does every other hospital in the country. They see the same "pill billies" every day, asking for their Lortab 7.5/500s because they have a headache, their back hurts, or they twisted their ankle. I would dare say, outside of the true emergencies, such as heart attacks, broken bones, trauma cases, etc... 80% of the people going to the ER are there to get drugs. If they weren't, they would go to their regular doctor, or they would doctor themselves. That doesn't always mean they want narcotics, heck about 1/2 the time they are hunting for antibiotics. Either way, they are the drain on our medical system we need to get rid of, but unfortunately when Obamacare hits full tilt the problem will worsen.
Ouch
#11 Aug 16, 2012
Myself wrote:
Sadly drug abuse is a problem in our area. They shouldn't treat everyone like an addict but they do. Most of the time it seems the peole that are out there looking for drugs get what they want while the people that actually need help are put on the back burner.
It's true. On occasion, I strain my shoulder (about every three years) it hurts so bad at the time and for about two weeks that I can't sleep nor anything. I get something for about two weeks when it happens. I went to the clinic place behind brh and they acted like I was a drug addict.. Same job for 21 years, never been arrested, clean driving record, you name it.....what the hell is the place there for? Money.

Then, I see people who have got hooked. Maybe their pain was longer lasting or something. Try to get them off....NO HELP AVAILABKE at all. Thre is a drug named suboxone. It can save tens of thousands of lives. Same thing only worse. They make them stand in line at a clinic. Pay cash, very high prices. They get them on the crap, but don't let them off.......need sme laws BIGTIME......
sick

Cambridge, MA

#12 Oct 4, 2012
Had to go to ER cause I was sick. That is the craziest place Ive ever seen. Waited for ever and treated baad by nurses and dr. They wanted to know why I did not see my pcp. Well trust me people if I could have I sure would not have come to that stupid disorganized er. Sounds like management in that department need to go and go quickly.
someone who knows

Kansas City, MO

#13 Oct 4, 2012
The ER director was fired
sick

Cambridge, MA

#14 Oct 4, 2012
They needed fired. The place is a mess. Who was the director?
Tawny

United States

#15 Oct 4, 2012
Just curious, why and when were they fired? In my opinion it has been a long time coming. That place is a joke.
someone who knows wrote:
The ER director was fired
nonsense

Kansas City, MO

#16 Oct 4, 2012
I'm not naming names on a public website and she wasn't fired but demoted to staff nurse. From what I've been told she wasn't the problem, though.
MASTER

Bristol, VA

#17 Oct 4, 2012
The employees say she was the problem. She has her favorites. Why do you think so many good nurses and others have left.
help

Bristol, VA

#18 Oct 5, 2012
The director and nurse manager were both demoted because they are idiots. They run off all the good dedicated employees. The er would not be in such a disarray if those two had been got rid of a long time ago.
Former nurse

Charlotte, NC

#19 Oct 5, 2012
Myself wrote:
. They have a Rolodex with people's names that come in asking for pain meds. They call them drug seekers.
2 former nurse

Bristol, VA

#20 Oct 8, 2012
Isn't the Rolodex illegal? They hide it. Kay has probably got it somewhere. She is evil and back stabbing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 5 hr Eternal truth 27,643
Hottest gals at WCYB (Apr '14) 6 hr Cass Is Hot 37
News Naturalist Program To Explore Virginiaa s Beauty (Feb '09) 21 hr Concerned in Salt... 20
Buckhaven Barking Dog Fri Fisherman 4
The right to bear arms? Thu protect gun rights 12
Bristol VA Mayor Thu David Hite 7
Matthew Hill on 92.9 May 25 VirginiaTech2002 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bristol Mortgages