Christmas Decoration Help

Posted in the Bristol Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Santas Helpers

Lebanon, VA

#1 Nov 19, 2012
My Husband and I are trying to make a little extra money for the holidays. We will put up your interior as well as exterior Christmas decorations. All we are charging $15.00 per hour. That is only $7.50 per person. We also charge a small fee for gas.
Dang

Bristol, VA

#2 Nov 20, 2012
Don't want much do you? That is more per hour than my job that I have been on for 16 years. Housekeepers only charge 10.00 per hour, thanks but no thanks, I will do them myself.
Santas Helpers

Lebanon, VA

#3 Nov 20, 2012
Wasnt offering for people that can do them there self... Find a better job if your not happy with your pay!! Some people are not able to do things like put up their decorations! Have a nice day!
Rudolph

Bristol, VA

#4 Nov 20, 2012
@Dang...Whats the problem with trying to make some extra money for Christmas? I'm glad to see someone offering this service. What could it take? 3-4 hours? people pay that every week to get their yard mowed. If you've worked 16 years at the same job and are making less than $7.50 per hour. Wow,I feel for you. Maybe you should get off your butt and put up Christmas decorations for some extra money so your family can actually have a nice holiday this year.
Santas Helpers

Tucker, GA

#5 Nov 20, 2012
Thanks Rudolph I'd give you a discount!
Dang

Bristol, VA

#6 Nov 20, 2012
Minimum wage is 7.25.....I never said I was making less that 7.50 a hour I meant the 15.00 per hour is more than I make....this is highway robbery. Get a real job
Santas Helpers

Tucker, GA

#7 Nov 20, 2012
It's 2 people you idiot. It husband and wife. Here let me break it down for you. It is 15 per hour for 2 people. If we are there 1 hour that's only 15dollars which is 7.50 per person for an hour of our time. Get your facts straight before you comment! Learn how to read and comprehend!
SCREWU SCROOGE

Abingdon, VA

#9 Nov 20, 2012
Dang wrote:
Minimum wage is 7.25.....I never said I was making less that 7.50 a hour I meant the 15.00 per hour is more than I make....this is highway robbery. Get a real job
Dang you my non-friend need to pay attention. First the lady was offering to provide a service by 2 individuals for the rate mentioned. If you have been at a job for 16 years and make less than $15 hourly your nasty hateful a$$ is getting what you DESERVE. This thread did not apply to you if you didn't want or need the service. IDIOT!!!

Now get off topix and do some work and maybe you'll get a raise SCROOGE!!!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10 Nov 20, 2012
Dang,
What kind of work do you do? 16 years is a long time to give an employer to be getting less than the $15 an hour (TOTAL) mentioned. Any yearly/quarterly bonus or anything?
Santas Helpers

United States

#11 Nov 20, 2012
I'm glad some one understands! Thanks you guys!

Location hidden

#12 Nov 20, 2012
Personally I hope you find plenty of work for the season. I would also run an add for a couple of weeks in the paper or trading post if you can and maybe the corkboards at the grocery stores just to get a little more info out. Advertising is the key but work such as this it's hard to tell where to throw the money for the best return.

Anyway good luck. Merry CHRISTmas
Santas Helpers

United States

#13 Nov 20, 2012
Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too!!
Rip Off

Bristol, VA

#14 Nov 20, 2012
I agree with Dang....they will drag it out and try to rip people off. I would never pay 15.00 a hour for someone to decorate. Ridiculous.
Santas Helpers

Lebanon, VA

#15 Nov 20, 2012
We are not going to drag it out. We are there to help not rip people off. Some people are not able to decorate. If you dont like it then stay off my page!
think

Duncan, SC

#16 Nov 20, 2012
First off its not your page second off I'm effn sick of seeing this damn public post you have posted it in Lebanon Honaker richlands and here that I've seen so far and you have yet to get one person to hire you!! Your pitiful, if you truly do seek to make legit extra cash take up a extra job!! This time of year is perfect if you are looking, stores and other services hire extra temp workers around the holidays!! But get it through your head not your page its public!!
Rip Off

Bristol, VA

#17 Nov 21, 2012
THIS IS NOT YOUR PAGE!!!!! THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM AND EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO THEIR OPINION AND IN MY OPINION YOU ARE A RIP OFF!!!!!
Santas Helpers wrote:
We are not going to drag it out. We are there to help not rip people off. Some people are not able to decorate. If you dont like it then stay off my page!

Location hidden

#18 Nov 21, 2012
Tis the season to be pissy falalalala-lala-la-laaa.

I honestly don't see a scam here. Since there are people that need help all through the year I really don't see this as being an attempt to "rip off" anyone. She has offered a service and given the hourly rate up front. Seems childish to me that people would be so hateful to someone trying to work when there's so many out there that won't hit a lick.

Who cares who owns the thread?? You people sound like a bunch of school yard brats crying about a swing set. Amazed at the childish BS!! Some of you all need to just grow up.
Santas Helpers

Tucker, GA

#19 Nov 21, 2012
I see someone is keeping up with me. If you wanted decorations y didn't you say so? An it's not a scam . People don't see the true meaning of Christmas. No one else offers to put up decorations. A lot of elderly people would like to decorate but are not able to. And as far as the price goes... How long does it take to put up decorations. 2 hours tops? Not trying to rip people off just trying to make a good Christmas for my daughter. And as far as the job goes. I do the beat I can with what I have. I can't afford a babysitter or I would work along with my husband. not everyone's mommy and daddy hand them everything in life. Some have to work for what thy got!
think

Mauldin, SC

#20 Nov 22, 2012
I'm a single mom of 2 and I don't use baby sitters and they get plenty provided to them, so hun where there's a will there's a way for you to work also if you wanted her to have things, don't use ur kid as an excuse to not be gainfully employed!!
Abingdon lady

Abingdon, VA

#21 Nov 22, 2012
Here is two people willing to work to make a couple of dollars and people are making fun of them this is a bargain my son lives in Georgia and he pays $25 a hour for the same service

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump aint our guy (Sep '15) 4 hr VirginiaTech2002 37
possession by unclean spirit of epilepsy, anxie... 9 hr Toby 9
Middle aged man working at Benhams Road trash s... 10 hr Toby 4
Zach Amos Fri Gippy 1
Laura Rossana (Jan '14) Aug 25 Wine King 13
Model Photos Needed Aug 24 Timmy 4
Falcons vs John Battle Condoms Aug 23 Uppton Snuffgutt III 1

Bristol Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance