Since: May 09

Location hidden

#22 Mar 26, 2011
dingleberrydan wrote:
too quick and hush hush !!! not normal !! remember the send off they gave merrill moore ??
Well you got a point there.
Really

Bristol, TN

#23 Mar 26, 2011
haha wrote:
dude got fired
Really! For what?
haha

Knoxville, TN

#24 Mar 26, 2011
i'll just say he wasn't doing his job well.
tv 5 viewer

Nashville, TN

#26 Apr 22, 2011
I would say that Steve hawkins and wcyb owners had a fall out and they own it so Steve had to go. however I do think that because of the important part tv stations play, especialy weather I think that tv stations should be owned by the general public. wcyb gave M. Moore a nice goodby but not Steve so that tells you something was wrong. The truth should be told. tv 5 viewer
Rat

Jonesborough, TN

#27 Apr 27, 2011
The whole staff at WCYB has decreased in quality over the years and so have the stories. Dave Dierks needs help with his stuttering. His forecast is uh,ah,ummm,ummm. After this much time in the TV business Dave and Johnny Wood should be better. None of these people would make it in any other market.
haha

Johnson City, TN

#28 Apr 27, 2011
Viewer wrote:
You know what, it is a free country and I can and will say what I damn well desire especially since I started this post. Professional? You must be kidding. Well respected? Just by these backwood hillbillies like yourself.
I didn't say you couldn't have your opinion, but I don't have to agree. Get a life and stop whining about the people on the news channel. And I think you are a little outnumbered by "these backwood hillbillies". Have a nice day.
no news

Kingsport, TN

#29 May 26, 2011
What has happened to Leslie Almaroad?

Location hidden

#30 May 26, 2011
no news wrote:
Don't know. Didn't realize she was missing. I hope she hasn't left too.
fyi

Naperville, IL

#31 May 27, 2011
steve hawkins is the director of bristol broadcasting i dont remeber where i saw it but i remember them saying he had like 25yrs in the business etc.

Location hidden

#32 May 27, 2011
Yes he is now the the director at Bristol Broadcasting now.
Viewer2

Lynchburg, VA

#33 May 31, 2011
Live at 5-& 5:30 and 6 --ODG--Give me a Break!!

Its a Sad thing--But I watch it--Car sales--OMG--Yes--Go deal w/any of them and U can bet they'll burn your ass!

Steve--Liked him on the news-And Hate to see him gone now.
Hey now

Kingsport, TN

#34 Jun 3, 2011
Steve Hawkins got fired and he is now on WXBQ.
Viewer

Bristol, TN

#35 Jun 3, 2011
no news wrote:
Her real name is Leslie Earhart (of the Earhart Campgrounds) and she went to work for Sullivan County Sheriff's Office as a PR agant.
LOL

Kingsport, TN

#36 Jun 4, 2011
Viewer wrote:
johnny woods needs to retire I get tired of seeing his fat ass on my tv and get tired of hearing him cough gag and clear his throat on the air
still using rabbit ears on that tv? only get one station?
LOL

Kingsport, TN

#37 Jun 4, 2011
Viewer wrote:
Changing the channel is not the point. The point is Johnny Woods is a fat ass and does not report the news in a professional manner. He coughs, gags, clears his throat, and shakes his head back and forth so that fat turkey neck of his starts jiggling.
so change the friggin station. i know it's complicated usng a remote and all but maybe you could get someone to teach you how to count and you could go higher than 5
Hopeful

Abingdon, VA

#38 Jun 6, 2011
Viewer wrote:
You know what, it is a free country and I can and will say what I damn well desire especially since I started this post. Professional? You must be kidding. Well respected? Just by these backwood hillbillies like yourself.
You know what, it is a free country. Meaning we're free to be "backwoods hillbillies" as you call it. It's kind of funny how this country would go to Hell if it weren't for the strength in the South. We don'tgo into the city trying to change these idiiotic worthless wimpy yuppies, so, damn it quit trying to change us. We like our local newsteam and that's all that matters. It isn't if he is or isn't professional, he's part of our community and will continue to be a part of it.If you don't, there are plenty of other channels (or the internet).
Hopeful

Abingdon, VA

#39 Jun 6, 2011
Sorry. I didn't mean to post twice
What a Crock

Bristol, VA

#40 Jun 6, 2011
Johnny Woods is an institution around these parts and was reading the news on the TV before many of the people posting on here were even born. He delivers the news the way the MAJORITY of the people around here want it delivered, thus his longevity at WCYB.

Personally, I hate to see the day of locally owned and operated news outlets go by the wayside. When journalists become more concerned with keeping their jobs and making a profit, they turn to sensationlism, instead of reporting the news in a fair and impartial manner.

Just look at the rag we call the BHC if you want an example. Every "story" they write should be called an op-ed piece because they are all full of the reporter's opinions, not just an unbiased statement of facts, but slanted in a way to steer the reader's opinion.

Note that they have started doing a much better job of covering the local news, especially sports, since the demise of J. Toad. Good riddance as far as I am concerned. At least Steve Hawkins, who I think did a very good job, stayed local and is working for Bristol Broadcasting.

Maybe, just maybe, it was his principles and integrity in delivering the news that the new owners didn't agree with. Must be some reason people are abandoning ship.
Viewer

Bristol, TN

#41 Jun 6, 2011
LOL By MAJORITY, are you referring to your whole trailer park?
What a Crock

Bristol, VA

#42 Jun 6, 2011
Nope, mine AND the two next door, plus the four double-wides up the hollar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandie Lester (Apr '13) 8 hr outoftime 2
Who dat old red head at Sams Club (Nov '16) 19 hr MoGO 156
Matt "Elvis" Dollar Donations 21 hr Oh My Goodness 4
The Exit 7 Panhandler 21 hr Stumped 1
He-man 21 hr Stymie 1
Asia Spa (Jan '15) Nov 15 Duhman 4
Bristol VA City Counci (Jan '17) Nov 14 Sick of his nonse... 884

Bristol Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance