Food Stamps and Cadillacs

Posted in the Bristol Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WTF

Maxton, NC

#1 Dec 19, 2012
So I had to run into krogers Monday for a few things so I could make dinner for my family. When I got to the register their was a well dressed couple in line ahead of me with there buggy overflowing, I thought to myself how nice they must work very hard to afford all the name brand purchases for there family, Because I work very hard for my money and always look for the best deals, shop with coupons and look for sales being I feed myself, husband and 2kids on my salary. Well of coarse they paid for everything with their good ol' EbT card and that made me a little angry but I bit my tounge. So imagine my suprise when in the parking lot they were also right beside me loading the grocreys that I and hardworking taxpayers paid for into their shiny new escalade. I sincerely almost had a coronary. At least theycan afford gas for it now since I and all the taxpayers paid for there food.
yeeha

Bristol, VA

#2 Dec 20, 2012
WTF wrote:
So I had to run into krogers Monday for a few things so I could make dinner for my family. When I got to the register their was a well dressed couple in line ahead of me with there buggy overflowing, I thought to myself how nice they must work very hard to afford all the name brand purchases for there family, Because I work very hard for my money and always look for the best deals, shop with coupons and look for sales being I feed myself, husband and 2kids on my salary. Well of coarse they paid for everything with their good ol' EbT card and that made me a little angry but I bit my tounge. So imagine my suprise when in the parking lot they were also right beside me loading the grocreys that I and hardworking taxpayers paid for into their shiny new escalade. I sincerely almost had a coronary. At least theycan afford gas for it now since I and all the taxpayers paid for there food.
Ever think that maybe that is WHY they r on ebt.....
Ever look at the price of a new vehicle b4??....geez...
WTF

Concord, NC

#3 Dec 20, 2012
yeeha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever think that maybe that is WHY they r on ebt.....
Ever look at the price of a new vehicle b4??....geez...
. That was my point, O.K! I felt like taking some of their grocreys and putting them in MY car.
WTF

Concord, NC

#4 Dec 20, 2012
Geeeeeezzzzz.....
yeeha

Bristol, VA

#5 Dec 20, 2012
WTF wrote:
Geeeeeezzzzz.....
hee,he....
joe biden

Lebanon, VA

#6 Dec 20, 2012
exactly right. i know people who have never woRked a day in their life, not because of any dissability. they don't work because they grew up on welfare and food stamps and they learned over the yrs. how to work the system. the feds could save alot of money by turning it entirely over to the state. i'll bet then our elected officials would look a lot closer on eligibility requirements a whole lot closer. JUST SAYING!!!!!!!!!
Good old OBAMA Card

Lebanon, VA

#7 Dec 21, 2012
why do you think obama was reelected? because of shit like this.they need to put his picture on the card.
Worker for life

Bristol, VA

#8 Dec 23, 2012
Nothing gets my blood boiling worse than the deadbeats that are on some sort of goverment assistance when not a thing is wrong with them other than being lazy or dont know what birth control is. Seems like they always have money for dope and tattoos etc but none for groceries? I use to work for Schwans and their biggest sales day of the month was foodstamp day and if anyone has ever bought anything off the Schwans truck you know its expensive and these so called people in need would spend their entire ebt amount for the month on the Schwans truck and 300 to 500 wont get you much but what the hell its not coming out of their pocket if they really needed the ebt they would have been buying their groceries at the store. I personally think they should do a hair folicle drug test on anyone who is getting assistance and if they come up hot then yank every bit of assistance they are getting I believe this would cure the national debt.
Sam

Dumfries, VA

#9 Dec 23, 2012
I am currently on government assistance. You all are right that people learn to take advantage of the system. There is nothing wrong with me but if I chose to work I wouldn't make what the government gives me and I would have to pay for things I am now getting for free. I live in a 3,000 square foot home and drive a new Ford Explorer. None of this would be possible if I had to pay for the necessities. Please everyone just needs to chill out!! As they say, "don't hate the player, hate the game."
WTF

Charlotte, NC

#10 Dec 23, 2012
You should be ashamed of yourself. I am sure you are full of S#*t but because of people like you the people who are really in Need SUFFER.
OMG

Johnson City, TN

#11 Dec 23, 2012
seriously? omg the nerve of some people. now it could be that these people were laid off from their jobs and this is a temp thing. but i see too much of this crap.
i was in a family dollar (or dollar general) one day buying laundry detergent. i had one friggin item and i am walking towards the check out this "lady" starts racing me to the line and her cart is FULL of leftover holiday candy and cookies. i mean NOTHING but junk food. she had a coach purse and matching wallet. i still managed to pay for my single purchase and get out in the parking lot while she was still loading her car. she was driving a newer model tahoe. i know tahoes aren't as costly as esclades but they aint cheap.
but as long as they are buying food it's ok. what a load of horse crap. there should be conditions on these things. no candy. no frozen meals. friggin cook something people!!
and the farmers market in bristol will double the amt you can spend if you're using food stamps. WTF is up with that? if i go there and spend 20.00 they sure as hell don't let me have another 20 bucks worth for free and i'm using cash.
i know there are people that need help. i would hate to see anything taken away from old people cause i know with the price of medicines they can use all the help they can get. but seriously these young people that are able to work should be forced to work even if they have to scrape gum from the floor at damn tinsletown.
oh and another day at food city there was a guy who was maybe in his 30s and he was riding around in one of those handicap carts and he had nothing in the basket except frozen pizza. paid with a food stamp card and rolled his ass out the door. got to where the carts were and got up and got his bags and walked out the door. it's really gotten out of control.
Worker for life

Bristol, VA

#12 Dec 23, 2012
Trollope

Gate City, VA

#13 Dec 23, 2012
Sam wrote:
I am currently on government assistance. You all are right that people learn to take advantage of the system. There is nothing wrong with me but if I chose to work I wouldn't make what the government gives me and I would have to pay for things I am now getting for free. I live in a 3,000 square foot home and drive a new Ford Explorer. None of this would be possible if I had to pay for the necessities. Please everyone just needs to chill out!! As they say, "don't hate the player, hate the game."
I sense you're joking.
However, if this isn't a troll, know you are a pathetic leech. You are absolute scum of the earth. You are exactly what is wrong with this country. You are trash. I could go on farther but you catch my drift. Eat feces you worthless waste of oxygen
Applause

Lawndale, NC

#14 Dec 23, 2012
WTF wrote:
On top of your being a liar, you are also a republican. That in itself makes you godless. Groceries should be the least of your worries.
Applause

Lawndale, NC

#15 Dec 23, 2012
Worker for life wrote:
Nothing gets my blood boiling worse than the deadbeats that are on some sort of goverment assistance when not a thing is wrong with them other than being lazy or dont know what birth control is. Seems like they always have money for dope and tattoos etc but none for groceries? I use to work for Schwans and their biggest sales day of the month was foodstamp day and if anyone has ever bought anything off the Schwans truck you know its expensive and these so called people in need would spend their entire ebt amount for the month on the Schwans truck and 300 to 500 wont get you much but what the hell its not coming out of their pocket if they really needed the ebt they would have been buying their groceries at the store. I personally think they should do a hair folicle drug test on anyone who is getting assistance and if they come up hot then yank every bit of assistance they are getting I believe this would cure the national debt.
It's idiots like you fhat republicans use to turn on your own brothers , you worthless moron. You're Satans easiest target. I bet you're one of thiose churchitty church fake fatass people. I bet your moms dead and is starting to stink underground. Food stamp that, bitch
nanax5

Johnson City, TN

#16 Dec 23, 2012
I do understand your frustration, WTF, I feel the same way sometimes. I have worked all my life,since I was 15, and am now 60. I have taken in 3 granchildren recently because their mother is in jail. I love my granchildren with all my heart and I am glad that God has given me the health to take care of them .But it has been a huge expense also.I tried calling several places to get help on their Christmas, but all I got was no. I tried soc srvs, no, I tried rada, no, I even tried Scott co. soc srv and they didn't do it this year . It is always the same . The people who need it can't get it because the people who know how to work the system beat them to it !I don't have any family left in this area to help, my husband does but they wouldnt help anyone but themselves !And we do go to church , but I was too ashamed to ask them for help. But I managed, enough anyway. They will be happy. I know I shouldn't complain because there are so many others a lot worse off than us , at least i could kiss my grandbabies goodnight . i thank God for that ! Well , sorry to ramble, just had to vent !! Blessed Merry Christmas to all !!
Worker for life

Bristol, VA

#17 Dec 24, 2012
Applause wrote:
<quoted text>
It's idiots like you fhat republicans use to turn on your own brothers , you worthless moron. You're Satans easiest target. I bet you're one of thiose churchitty church fake fatass people. I bet your moms dead and is starting to stink underground. Food stamp that, bitch
You make me laugh, its quite obvious your one of the deadbeats im referring to and yes I am a republican and proud of it and no brother of mine would expect a handout or an entitlment to something they didnt earn, ive been on hard times and money was tight guess what I did I worked two or sometimes 3 jobs im guessing work isnt in your vocabulary though, I have a high school education but with a strong work ethic I was able to make 83k this year how much did you draw on your mailbox check, bitch
WTF

Charlotte, NC

#18 Dec 24, 2012
Applause wrote:
<quoted text>
On top of your being a liar, you are also a republican. That in itself makes you godless. Groceries should be the least of your worries.
. Applause, I certainly am NOT a LIAR nor am I a Republican. I am however a hardworking, Taxpaying, contributing member of society. Unlike yourself I Am SURE. So please save your derogatory comments for the trash you hang around with. Gotta get back to work so acumen like you can leech off society some more.
WTF

Charlotte, NC

#19 Dec 24, 2012
Thank you worker for life, Took the word right out of my mouth. You just cannot argue with scum.
GateCityGreatCit y

Kingsport, TN

#20 Dec 24, 2012
WIC and Lincoln Continentals

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happened to Officer Buchanan? 4 hr its not right 6
Donald Trump aint our guy (Sep '15) 4 hr Smackdadd 17
so the thread about the VAN PELT TEACHER Sun Wondering 6
Veterans Admin Bristol Clinic Sun A Vet 5
Hottest gals at WCYB (Apr '14) Jun 23 Cream puff 41
Alpha natural Resources Layoffs (Apr '15) Jun 23 Cream puff 31
Why is Wendys exit 7 closed? (Jan '13) Jun 23 Biggie Size 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bristol Mortgages