West Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2011

Judged:

I was just wandering if anyone involved in a Custody case with Nancy Jean Bradford had the same problems my family did? I thought she acted crazy! Also she was very unprofessional and not at all like I thought she was. She was guardian for my son in a custody case with my grandparents.(Son's GREAT GRANDPARENTS) I have two other kids and she convinced the judge my son would be happier with my grandparents! I've been married for almost 9 years. I'm not a criminal. Social services never had a problem with my parenting or my home. The only person against my husband and I was BRADFORD. She would stand in front of the judge powell and everything that came out of her mouth was a LIE. First she said we had too many dogs. Then she told the judge we wouldnt even buy my son a dog...My son missed no school when he lived with us. When he was with my grandparents he missed 40+ days!! But Bradford had no problem with that. Also with us he slept in his own room, with them he had his own room but he slept in the same bed with my grandfather. I complained about this but Bradford never said a word about it in court. What if it comes out that he is doing something to my son? She came to my house 4 times in 2 years and told the judge it was a mess. I myself thought it was fine except for some toys my kids had out building a fort. When we did clean up everything and even put down NEW FLOORS Bradford didnt even mention the improvement to the Judge. The way I see it if Im fit to raise two daughters why cant I raise my son? I Dont see anything good coming out of seperating my kids just because my grandparents are attached to my son. They are almost 80 years old! What kind of life will my son have with them? My daughter asks every day where her brother is and Im not sure how to explain all this to her. I think Nancy Bradford got on a Power trip and wanted to prove she could do whatever she wanted. She didnt care at all to turn our world upside down. Bradford might be a good divorce lawyer but she gets way to emotionally involved with children. She was even telling my son she loved him as she hugged him going out the door..Im sure there has to be another family out there suffering because of Nancy Jean Bradford. If so please contact me on this site... Im trying my best to make sure nothing like this happens to anyone else.
Joe Blow

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

Judged:

I think the key piece of information that is missing here is how your son was removed from your custody in the first place. I know that it is generally exceedingly difficult to have a child removed from the home, so I wonder what it is you left out here?

I would also be very cautious about accusing a well respected attorney of lying in court.
Anonymous

Hendersonville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2011

Judged:

I would like to express my appreciation for your testimonial regarding Nancy Jean Bradford. I find it to be a fine example of the gross abuse that takes place on this forum as well as many others. Your testimonial is very disturbing on many levels that speak volumes for your character. From personal experience, the first person to accuse another of “acting crazy” is usually more times than not, the “crazy” one. Based purely on common sense, I can see through your lies one statement at a time. Shall we begin...?“She was very unprofessional”, have you considered that maybe Nancy Jean Bradford had to lower herself to your level to actually communicate with you. A guardian ad litem is not assigned to your custody case for the hell of it, there has to be a compelling reason. I’m getting from your next four sentences that your husband is not your son’s paternal father. I’m sure your husband’s treatment of your son reflects that.“Social services never had a problem with my parenting or home”, this tells me you have been involved with them before. You mentioned them in the past-tense. Dead giveaway…really? The next two sentences could be chalked up to verbal vomit.“Too many dogs”, I can see the visual now with dog feces soiled in the floors from one end of the house to the other.“We wouldn’t even buy my son a dog”, that would be you buying dogs for yourself and not for your son. Believe it or not those are two completely different concepts. Your son doesn’t have a dog but you have too many. Now it makes sense. Your son “missed 40+ days” with the grandparents, in case you haven’t heard they are called “SNOW DAYS”!!! I’m sure he absolutely loves it too. As a parent, you should be utterly ashamed of your next three statements. You are an absolute disgrace as a mother to say such evil lies. You lost all credibility with this single statement,“What if it comes out that he is doing something with my son?” You know good and well there is no sexual abuse of any kind going on or you would have never allowed your son to get “attached” to his grandparents in the first place. You were not sexually abused by your grandfather were you? You are the reason why children with real abuse can’t get the help they need in a timely manner. As for the visits to your home,“toys” and a “fort” strung out over a feces and urine soaked floor is a mess.“When we did clean up everything and even put down new floors”, again you gave herself away.“When we did clean up everything” is future tense. That’s the same as saying “we finally cleaned up are filthy house”. Maybe the reason Nancy Jean Bradford didn’t mention the new floors is because she knew they were already soiled and soaked with more feces and urine. You Think!!! Furthermore, the reason you are being allowed to raise your two daughters is because even though your home is unfit, they have nowhere else to go. Social Services know it is probably better than a foster home. I’m sure everyone living in that environment has built up some kind of immunity to all the bacteria in the home, so hopefully your daughters will endure. When your daughters ask why they are separated from their brother, you need to own the fact that it is due to years of your irresponsible behavior. Then there is more verbal vomit and a spill about Nancy jean Bradford hugging your son and telling him she loves him. Well, thank God someone is hugging him and loving him. You should follow the example. You proved yourself a liar with your own testimonial. Maybe you should try selling crazy somewhere else; I’m certainly not buying it here. Good Job Nancy Jean Bradford!!!
The Baron

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

You have to do something pretty bad to have the state remove your children. I mean let's be honest here.
la la la not listening

Axton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Judged:

I agree. I have seen nancy gene bradford in action myself. she did act unprofessional. she whined to the judge when she didn't get her way. she kept pressing on issues that were irrelevant to the case. she did act a tad bit irratic. but, people are entitled to their own opinions. she said hers. you said yours. and in my own opinion, as someone who hired her myself, she sucks!
la la la not listening

Axton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

and honey, it's not a power trip. its always about money and crooked ass lawyers. chip barker is the same way. the only decent GAL that I have encountered is Joshua Southerland. He cares about the kids and not whose pockets are deeper.
just a girl

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

That firm really did me in.....the property settlement and the divorce decree I was told were the same. (I had no money for my own lawyer)...I thought all was fair, he got most of everything and all I wanted was split custody and my divorce.... her minion, Mrs. Smith, changed the custody in the final decree and I unknowingly signed away alot of rights. I still have some but they really pulled a number on me there....she is shiesty in my opinion and cold hearted. Both Bradford and Smith....they will win your case....but will do anything underhanded to do so and don't care who they hurt..even if the kids are hurt in the process.... JMO
Taylotr

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

I too have dealt with this so called guardian ad litem. 3 years ago my daughter and I sought to gain custody of her grandmother, and she was all for us. Then 3 years later a family member got greedy and decided to take us back to court. Little to our knowledge she had already made arrangements with the judge to give custody of my daughters grandmother to her niece. Not at pretty outcome. But she is a total piece of shit in my books.
The whole court system in Bristol Va is rigged. My atty was so afraid of the system he lost my case and now my daughters grandmother and her money is being enjoyed by the very people she despised her entire life. But because of Nancy Jean she is now sentenced to a life of hell as opposed to the freedom she had with living with her granddaughter. But the court system is bought and paid for by a few people.,
sam widener

Bedford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

i have known nancy jean for the better part of 30 years and have wached her in court many times and i think she is the best lawyer in abingdon..seems to me a lot of these storys have had a lot left out of them ..befor you try and place blam on her put all the info on here and also your real name..its easy to say things on here and hide behind a fake name so if you want people to beleve you then at least let them know who there talking to...you seem to not minded puting nacy jeans name on here..just saying..
cwbynation

Hugoton, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

I have court in a few days with my ex-wife and Ms. Bradford. I'm not sure if my attorney will be able to handle her, but he's been around for awhile, so we'll see. Here is my story and this is the truth- every bit of it. I am a recovering alcoholic, I've been sober since may 14 2012, 4 days before my son was born. I am a combat veteran. I served in the marine corps for 8 years, I've been to Iraq 3 times and Afghanistan once. I have been diagnosed with PTSD, TBI (traumatic brain injury), depression and as I said before Alcoholism. I'm not trying to get full custody I'm trying to get joint. I live in kansas and my son and my ex-wife live in abingdon. All I want is joint custody, and a FAIR amount of visitation. My son has lots of family in kanssas that love him, and I'm... well to be honest I'm terrified. I love my son. He's my world. The only reason I moved back to kansas (where I'm from) is for the support and love of my family. It's pretty important to me to have good support, especially in early sobriety, adjusting to civilian life, and coping with ptsd and depression. I've worked really hard and have gone through INTENSE therapy in 2012. I spent over 6 months in inpatient therapy clinics and rehabilitation centers. I'm making leaps and bounds to being better, but Ms. Bradfords reputation precedes her. All I want is a fair chance to be a father to my son. But I continuously hear how ruthless NJB is. I don't know if anyone reads these posts anymore but if your reading this wish me luck.
0331devildog

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

God bless and Semper Fi Brother
been around

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

la la la not listening wrote:
and honey, it's not a power trip. its always about money and crooked ass lawyers. chip barker is the same way. the only decent GAL that I have encountered is Joshua Southerland. He cares about the kids and not whose pockets are deeper.
Did you say Chip Barker? He is a bad lawyer because he is stoned all the time , smokes pot like a CHOO CHOO TRAIN ! Before court , between court and after , fine upstanding Guardian for the state of Virginia!
lawyers

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Josh Sutherland told my son to lie on the stand. I feel he is a piece of shit for telling a 16 yr old to lie under oath.
mystery me

Saint Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

of course he is stoned all the time. Buys pot from another attorney!

been around wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say Chip Barker? He is a bad lawyer because he is stoned all the time , smokes pot like a CHOO CHOO TRAIN ! Before court , between court and after , fine upstanding Guardian for the state of Virginia!
angry

Chesterfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

My father retained Marcie Wall a year ago for bankruptcy. He always had a hard time contacting her, she never would call him back. He paid her 1300.00 she dragged her feet blaming her paralegal messed up. Then she calls him and asked does he have a house. He said yes...you know this, you have all my paperwork. Then she mails him a letter stating her license to practice law has been revoked!!! So he's out of money, has to get. new lawyer, and she won't refund him. Shame on people like this. Oh and she claimed she was ready to file..she's dine this to a lot of people come to find out.(Farm ville,Va)
Your Father Needs to

Salem, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Judged:

angry wrote:
My father retained Marcie Wall a year ago for bankruptcy. He always had a hard time contacting her, she never would call him back. He paid her 1300.00 she dragged her feet blaming her paralegal messed up. Then she calls him and asked does he have a house. He said yes...you know this, you have all my paperwork. Then she mails him a letter stating her license to practice law has been revoked!!! So he's out of money, has to get. new lawyer, and she won't refund him. Shame on people like this. Oh and she claimed she was ready to file..she's dine this to a lot of people come to find out.(Farm ville,Va)
contact the VA Bar Assoc. they have a means to refund him for attorneys bilking them. Not sure about the hoops he may have to jump through. Like the lawyer should have malpractice insurance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Bristol Forum right now

Search the Bristol Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Garick Zikan, WCYB News 54 min Friendly Fan 14
Virginia Intermont College 4 hr Former VI Employee 9
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 20 hr Winona 1,348
Bristol VA State Troopers I-81 Speed Traps @ Ex... 21 hr Rick 40
US Solutions? (Sep '10) 23 hr what000 71
why do women here look so old Tue pass 1
wcyb Tue Hutty Pizza 8
•••

Freeze Warning for Bristol County was issued at April 16 at 3:01PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bristol Jobs

•••