Missing adults in the united states

Missing adults in the united states

Posted in the Bristol Forum

Anonymous

Cookeville, TN

#1 Oct 29, 2010
Do realize how many adults are missing in the us..85,000 thats alot. Some seem to be priorty. Everyone missing should be a priority. not only the ones the police decide are priority.I have a brother missing now for nine months.It took endless phone calls even going to the media finally after all this time media reports it, then fails to post photo. Im so amazed how little people mean to others..Lets not forget those that are missing. One day it could be your family member..I will not ever forget my brother.Nor will I rest this til I find out his whearabouts....My brother: Michael Dale Mclaughlin Missing from Bristol Virginia December 25th 2009

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#2 Oct 31, 2010
I have a friend that has been missing since 2002 and it seems he has disappeared into thin air!
Joe Blow

Abingdon, VA

#3 Nov 1, 2010
There are 2 kinds of missing people I would think. There are those who choose to be missing and those who are lost. The first category are the ones who pack a bag or load up their car and just start driving/walking one day instead of going to work and wish to start over somewhere else as a new person or just live w/o any responsibilities as a homeless person. There are also those in the second category who do not choose to be lost. Those could be either folks w/ a mental illness like dementia or a severe psychotic disorder like schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder who wander off from supervised settings and either become a victim of a crime or wander off become John Does in another city. There is probably also a much smaller subset of that group that become enslaved out of their naivety and don't know how to get help. I would wager that the vast majority of the missing though are not really missing, but instead, just choose not to be found.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#4 Nov 1, 2010
Joe Blow wrote:
There are 2 kinds of missing people I would think. There are those who choose to be missing and those who are lost. The first category are the ones who pack a bag or load up their car and just start driving/walking one day instead of going to work and wish to start over somewhere else as a new person or just live w/o any responsibilities as a homeless person. There are also those in the second category who do not choose to be lost. Those could be either folks w/ a mental illness like dementia or a severe psychotic disorder like schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder who wander off from supervised settings and either become a victim of a crime or wander off become John Does in another city. There is probably also a much smaller subset of that group that become enslaved out of their naivety and don't know how to get help. I would wager that the vast majority of the missing though are not really missing, but instead, just choose not to be found.
Or then there are the other group that have been abducted and killed and their bodies never found.
Joe Blow

Bristol, VA

#5 Nov 1, 2010
RNEMTI wrote:
<quoted text>
Or then there are the other group that have been abducted and killed and their bodies never found.
Which would make up a much smaller percentage than you would think. Movies have made it appear that everyone that goes missing is sitting in pieces in some psychopath's freezer. That just isn't the case. It does happen for sure, but very infrequently.
Anonymous

Cookeville, TN

#6 Nov 3, 2010
I know there are different kinds of missing persons..I believe with all my heart something is wrong here ..My brother has always loved his family and kept in contactweekly or bi-weekly.He has 10,000 in his banking account and there been no activity since dec.9th 2009..That is so out of charchater for him, and we all need money to survive. He had no mental condition just a fight with a girfriend and left walking maybe to cool off or gather thoughts.All I know is that he is missing and no one has really listened to me cause the girlfriend of 3 mo. said he took off several times mad but only for a day or so..I know they are some abandoned houses down by malcoms meat I would like the owners whomever they are to let my family just search ..The police have done very little with this case,and so much time has went by that I loose hope daily..Please pray that I may get closure ..It is a daily struggle for me because we were so close..I will not rest til I find you mike..I miss you daily...
Anonymous

Cookeville, TN

#7 Nov 3, 2010
RNEMTI wrote:
I have a friend that has been missing since 2002 and it seems he has disappeared into thin air!
I hate to hear that about your friend..I really never thought about the missing much I mean just really thought it is a child going missing and that how terribl yhat would beror the family. It really hit home for me knowing that at least 12 from a four places that i have looked at" Bristol tn,va,mountain city ,johnson city and kingsport.Thats pretty closeI do lots of searches and I found out more myself in 2 days than the police have told me in nine months Iplay detective you have too.I did because I get so little answers from the police..Ill still seach until I get closures Im determined..I have promised him this in my prayers..to find him..Deceased or alive...I love and miss you mike. RF
true

Johnson City, TN

#8 Nov 7, 2010
Rosie f wrote:
I know there are different kinds of missing persons..I believe with all my heart something is wrong here ..My brother has always loved his family and kept in contactweekly or bi-weekly.He has 10,000 in his banking account and there been no activity since dec.9th 2009..That is so out of charchater for him, and we all need money to survive. He had no mental condition just a fight with a girfriend and left walking maybe to cool off or gather thoughts.All I know is that he is missing and no one has really listened to me cause the girlfriend of 3 mo. said he took off several times mad but only for a day or so..I know they are some abandoned houses down by malcoms meat I would like the owners whomever they are to let my family just search ..The police have done very little with this case,and so much time has went by that I loose hope daily..Please pray that I may get closure ..It is a daily struggle for me because we were so close..I will not rest til I find you mike..I miss you daily...
My heart breaks for you. I will pray for you and your brother.
people need help

Honaker, VA

#9 Nov 14, 2010
I think someone needs to compile a list of individuals who have gone missing from the Bristol area or were in the Bristol area when they dissappeared. See what they had in common See who they had in common. See where they hung out, shopped, etc. Maybe even start some sort of group that gets together so you can share information. I am no inestigator, but I watch enough TV to know that you have to look at all the missing and see what they have in common, friends, party places, etc. They may be more. Start advertising for anyone with a friend or family member that went missing in the Bristol area or went missing and frequently visited the Bristol area. See how many people there are, then start to find the common threads. Maybe everyone who has a missing working together can help get some media attention, which woud definietly help. Put ads in free papers, post online, compile information of who they are and what they had in common. They call CNN or FOX news or something like that. Good Luck to you.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#10 Nov 14, 2010
CODY SCOTT MATNEY:

Missing Since: April 28, 2002 from Bristol, Tennessee
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: December 29, 1977
Age: 24 years old
Height and Weight: 5'8, 170 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Matney normally shaved his head at the time of his April 2002 disappearance. He has a tattoo of The Incredible Hulk on his upper right arm and a tattoo of Batman and Gotham City on his upper left arm.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A navy blue long-sleeved shirt, jeans, a blue University Of Florida Gators hat imprinted with the letter "F" and a gold rope chain.

Matney was last seen in Bristol, Tennessee on April 28, 2002. He was outside Confetti's Sports Bar in the 3200 block of West State Street. The establishment is off of Exit 74-B along Interstate 81. Witnesses told authorities that Matney made a call from the bar's pay phone, then sat inside his truck in the parking lot. He has never been heard from again.
Matney's vehicle was discovered abandoned in the bar's parking lot five days afterwards. His checkbook was inside his truck, but there was no other evidence at the scene. There has not been any activity on Matney's bank account since April 2002. Authorities believe that Matney may have departed from the bar with an acquaintance. His disappearance remains unsolved.
sara

Ransom, KY

#11 Dec 7, 2010
RNEMTI wrote:
CODY SCOTT MATNEY:
Missing Since: April 28, 2002 from Bristol, Tennessee
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: December 29, 1977
Age: 24 years old
Height and Weight: 5'8, 170 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Matney normally shaved his head at the time of his April 2002 disappearance. He has a tattoo of The Incredible Hulk on his upper right arm and a tattoo of Batman and Gotham City on his upper left arm.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A navy blue long-sleeved shirt, jeans, a blue University Of Florida Gators hat imprinted with the letter "F" and a gold rope chain.
Matney was last seen in Bristol, Tennessee on April 28, 2002. He was outside Confetti's Sports Bar in the 3200 block of West State Street. The establishment is off of Exit 74-B along Interstate 81. Witnesses told authorities that Matney made a call from the bar's pay phone, then sat inside his truck in the parking lot. He has never been heard from again.
Matney's vehicle was discovered abandoned in the bar's parking lot five days afterwards. His checkbook was inside his truck, but there was no other evidence at the scene. There has not been any activity on Matney's bank account since April 2002. Authorities believe that Matney may have departed from the bar with an acquaintance. His disappearance remains unsolved.
There is a new show on Id its called disappered, you should contact them, I watch it every week it comes on monday at 10pm, they really do some investications with all the people involved and all police or fbi involved, and with it being in tv it may get the law enforcement moving again......hope this helps, and god bless you.
TheOne

Roanoke, VA

#12 Dec 8, 2010
Really?
just me

Nashville, TN

#13 Jan 20, 2011
Maybe someone should contact the Nancy Grace show. She is currently doing "find 50 people in 50 days". I honestly think she cares.
visions

Bristol, TN

#14 Mar 19, 2011
i have heard other people have disappeared from confettis not sure what the circumstances but never heard anything about it on the news somebody should check into that
Rosie

Kingsport, TN

#15 May 2, 2011
I think my brother has been at that bar also several times In the summer before his dissapearance..I have wrote the nancy grace show , I have also wrote the govenor, senator, and other places..They all say that the need more resourses ect..Its just not a priorty for them they just have no clues at all..This is basically what is told to me by police..No one really cares.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billy Taylor 2 hr Talksmack5050 1
free or cheap mobile home 8 hr Jennifer 1
Margie 13 hr flush 1
Bristol Veteran's Clinic Awfull Sat Concerned Granparent 7
Sherry? Sat Concerned Granparent 7
Discovery Church Bristol Tennessee Sat Concerned Granparent 9
Crystal Pruitt Sat Jamie 1

Bristol Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bristol Mortgages