Sprint call center - hard to get a job??

Sprint call center - hard to get a job??

Posted in the Bristol Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jess

Richlands, VA

#1 Mar 19, 2009
Heya, I was wondering if Sprint is hiring for their call center? Are they a difficult place to get hired? Are they a good place to work? What do they pay?
If U Only Knew

Georgetown, KY

#2 May 11, 2009
They have a posting for CSR and pays $8.50... good luck!
kf4uel

Nashville, TN

#3 May 11, 2009
let me know if you need a referral, kf4uel at yahoo.com
If U Only Knew

Georgetown, KY

#4 May 11, 2009
I may have to apply if we move back to the area... I worked for a call center here for 2 yrs that was contracted to Sprint. I worked the back office operation. Maybe they will take that as experience.

“it's a dog's life”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5 May 13, 2009
if only u knew- depending where you may move back to, (i've seen you on saltville/marion/chilhowie forums) you might like to know that marion has a call center also, its called US Solutions and is a call center for FedEx. And saltville has GCS, another call center located in the old Piggly building. Unsure about the pay of either of them, but US solutions is off on weekends, and GCS seems to work all the time.
If U Only Knew

Georgetown, KY

#6 May 14, 2009
blue gills and daffodils wrote:
if only u knew- depending where you may move back to,(i've seen you on saltville/marion/chilhowie forums) you might like to know that marion has a call center also, its called US Solutions and is a call center for FedEx. And saltville has GCS, another call center located in the old Piggly building. Unsure about the pay of either of them, but US solutions is off on weekends, and GCS seems to work all the time.
Thanks... I worked at GCS about 4 years ago and I hated it! They were ok in the begining, but they fired a bunch of the good people in management and then it went all to hell! I have not ever worked for US Solutions, but I noticed that they have call centers in Abingdon and Bristol too. I will have to check into that place. Thanks again for the heads up!

Location hidden

#7 May 14, 2009
Sprint's a pretty good place to work for...good benefits, good work enviroment, my gf just left GCS...they share headsets and dont even have email, not dissin em theres some people i used to work with there....its just not set up like it could be....

sprint.com/callcenterjobs is the way to go...
If you're referred you usually get a nice gift card...so hit me up if ur interested.
If U Only Knew

Georgetown, KY

#8 May 15, 2009
Wow, really, they share headsets now huh? They use to make us purchase ours and take $55 out of our first check! Yeah, I'll def. hit u up for referral info! Thanks!
hiredandhappy

United States

#9 Jun 12, 2009
sprint: the pay is 12.00 an hour, after 6pm...15% shift diff, and time and a half on all holidays... and the benefits are amazing...they start you would with almost 200 hours of vacation time..401k match and employee stock purchase plan, and free unlimited phone and aircard, and you add 20 of your friends and family as swacs for 500 minutes of service for 25.00 a month....great place to work!!! dont know of any future training classes...seems pretty maxed out right now....

Location hidden

#10 Jun 13, 2009
:)
If U Only Knew

Georgetown, KY

#11 Jun 13, 2009
They told me the next training would be late summer, early fall... I'm telling u, where I worked, I did a lot of work on the SWAC accounts, and u couldn't beat that! I would love to get on with Sprint... all the other benefits sound awesome too!
Jim

Lexington, TN

#12 Sep 21, 2009
so does any one know much about us solutions? im thinking about the one in marion. any input would be greatly appreciated.
Former Employee

Haysi, VA

#13 Oct 1, 2009
I used to work for US Solutions. It was an awesome job, and I really liked everyone there.(Just so I don get flamed, I quit to stay home with my kids)
http://www.ussolutionsgroup.com/
Jim

Savannah, TN

#14 Oct 1, 2009
so you would recommend it? seems like the turnover is high...
future employee

Smyrna, TN

#15 Oct 14, 2009
I have heard a lot of bad things about the Sprint company. Such things as a prediction of going bankrupt within the next year or so easily. I was hired on at Sprint but am afraid to start because of job stability. Does anyone know anything about this?
kg1979rm

Goliad, TX

#16 Sep 14, 2010
Do u know what's the closest call center to Texarkana Ark
keshia

Greer, SC

#17 Nov 27, 2010
Bristol VA is hiring 12$ and hr
D Veteran

Bristol, VA

#18 Apr 24, 2012
Sprint is not going for bankruptcy. They are a Forbes 500 company. Also recommended by G.I. Jobs, for military veterans. The benefits are tier 1. Pay is very good for the industry. It is hard to get on, they are selective. If you have experience, and good interview skills, you will go far.
tlpgwp bristol tn

Blountville, TN

#19 Jun 19, 2012
I am interested in working for Sprint. How do they determine your work schedule and how often does it change?
Ben Upton

Johnson City, TN

#20 Jun 24, 2012
Tenneessee THUGS lined the pocket of the CEO, who in turn lines theirs, with $655,000 to move their operation to Blountville. Home of Ron Ramsey, the biggest worm his side of the Mississippi river. In other words, you paid to work there. Where did the THUGS get the money? First off, you gave it to them and secondly, they robbed the fund set aside for cancer screening underprivileged women who would like to stay alive, but can't afford it. Don't worry. President Obama and the American Cancer Society stepped in and FORCED the THUGS to return the money. PLANTRONICS makes a wireless headset for $450 that is well worth the money, but I doubt that the NAZIs will let you wear one. They will claim "unfairness" when it's convenient. The jobs pay abput $10 per hour, so you will only be $12,000 below the poverty line each year. Say one word, and they'll move the entire operation to Singapore. They really don't care if it's there in Blountville anyway. Once they get the money for the move, they have absolutely no further obligation to do anything whatsoever. Now get out there and Vote Ron Ramsey, so there won't be a nickels worth of unemployment benefits waiting for you when the place moves to the orient.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
possession by unclean spirit of epilepsy, anxie... 11 hr tcdc6571 11
Where to find street hookers? (Dec '15) 14 hr Dogg Snax 5
Tired of being white! Mon Undeclared 1
asia spa (Dec '14) Aug 29 IP Man 18
Nice spa (Feb '16) Aug 29 IP Man 4
Donald Trump aint our guy (Sep '15) Aug 29 VirginiaTech2002 37
Middle aged man working at Benhams Road trash s... Aug 28 Toby 4

Bristol Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance