Two of three sexual abuse charges aga...

Two of three sexual abuse charges against Marion security officer struck by judge

There are 12 comments on the Http story from Feb 24, 2010, titled Two of three sexual abuse charges against Marion security officer struck by judge. In it, Http reports that:

A circuit court judge today dismissed all three sexual abuse charges against longtime law enforcement officer Timothy Lynn Slagle, ruling that the state's evidence was not enough to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Http.

abc123

Richmond, VA

#1 Feb 24, 2010
now, let's hear some apologizing to him!
Rain Man

United States

#2 Feb 25, 2010
I agree, I said all along a man is innocent until proven guilty. Now Tim, I just hope and pray that you can somehow get your life back on track.
Sucker Free

Wytheville, VA

#3 Feb 25, 2010
That's what im screamin man! The man was found innocent so to everybody on here that was saying he was guilty before his trial even began. Go home shut up and keep your mouth shut from now on until you figure out what your talking about because it was just smack that ya'll were talking. Everybody needs to go home and ask God to forgive them for bearing false witness... suckers
Support one

Knoxville, TN

#4 Feb 25, 2010
Thats Awesome! I'm just sorry that it took so long to get the truth out. I wonder if there is anyway to sue for damages?
the reaper

Bristol, TN

#5 Feb 25, 2010
Support one wrote:
Thats Awesome! I'm just sorry that it took so long to get the truth out. I wonder if there is anyway to sue for damages?
i sure hope there is.the girls should be punished severely.i dont know if tim is aware that this false charge will follow him for the rest of his life even if it is expunged from the legal record.once you are charged all the agencies that compile data for employers have it in there records and you have no legal right to make them dispose of it.so tim will still carry a life sentence only it wont be behind bars.how do i know this to be true cause ive been there in tims shoes.hope the best for you in the future.its gona be a rough ride for you when you seek employment,housing and god knows what else.tim you need to contact a lawyer that practices constitutional law.dont waste you time with local attorneys.remember monderen day pirates now wear three piece suits at times.you were belessed to have wayne austin.wayne thanks from saving an iniocent man.your the best
abc123

Richmond, VA

#6 Feb 25, 2010
Support one wrote:
you can't get nothing out of nothing...
concerned

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Feb 26, 2010
In case you didn't read, it the judge said that he still had his suspisions about it, but according to his wifes and his testimony he might not have been there that weekend, but they had every reason to lie, and how can we believe someone who is charge with obtaining drugs by false pretenses?? Check out the Circiut court records, Cheri is charged with that..........Plus it looks like this case was not prosicuted by the best, guess having a family of law enforcement has its privilidges!!!
Rain Man

United States

#8 Feb 26, 2010
concerned wrote:
In case you didn't read, it the judge said that he still had his suspisions about it, but according to his wifes and his testimony he might not have been there that weekend, but they had every reason to lie, and how can we believe someone who is charge with obtaining drugs by false pretenses?? Check out the Circiut court records, Cheri is charged with that..........Plus it looks like this case was not prosicuted by the best, guess having a family of law enforcement has its privilidges!!!
I knew it wouldn`t take long for someone to doubt the ruling. In this case it had nothing to do with law enforcement. If you do not have enough evidence to prosecute someone how can you send a man to jail for that? The Bristol paper said he was looking at a life sentence if convicted. I am thankful the Bristol paper placed his picture on the front page saying the charges were dropped since they plastered it on the front page when the allegations came out.
Marion Citizen

Richmond, VA

#9 Feb 26, 2010
Well I am just so happy for Tim. Like I said back in June, I would never believe anything like that about him. We have worked together and been friends for quite awhile and I'm just angry that he even had to go through this!! Tim is one of the most resilient people I know. He'll come back even stronger and I hope you naysayers never have to go through what he did because number one I don't think you could handle it and number two: Karma's a bitch, baby.
jim

Ashburn, VA

#11 Feb 26, 2010
so glad to hear the truth is finally out, i knew tim could never have done those things! Good luck Tim!
abc123

Richmond, VA

#12 Feb 28, 2010
tim, i'd like to hear from you.
Sucker Free

Wytheville, VA

#13 Mar 2, 2010
concerned wrote:
Look numb nuts! Should have, would have, could have, the prosecuter did'nt do his job, it don't matter don' you get it? You don't have a clue! The man was found not guilty and like the judge stated and not clearly, he did'nt say that he had suspicions of neccesarily TIM but maybe he was talking about having suspicions of what these two girls were trying to do with bad intent to ruin him. You need to get over it becuase you been ridin on the good ship lollipop to long and you a Sucker too! Case over!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bristol cop (Jun '15) Sat Wondering 10
Chris Belcher (Dec '13) Sat JustMe 7
BVU corruption (Apr '15) Sat AngryCitizen 52
The Falls, new tenants to be announced soon. (Apr '13) Feb 5 Guest 93
Alpha natural Resources Layoffs (Apr '15) Feb 5 Bud light 18
Going to See Elton John? Feb 4 Bru 4
Salsarita's Feb 3 kilgore 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bristol Mortgages