Cops watching 420?
blaq

United States

#1 Sep 14, 2013
I've noticed the police are watching them again. Anyone know why?
Shoppers

Abingdon, VA

#2 Sep 19, 2013
Think about! The majority of people who shop there are involved in some type of illegal drug activity. I personally wouldn't care if they stopped and searched every car leaving the place. If your stupid enough to think people are buying t-shirts and tobacco products from there then I feel for you. If you think this is a violation of there rights some how then you wrong as well because the fact the are participating in an illegal activity voids the rights. Shopping there in my opinion is probable cause for search.

Now on the other hand just because an Officer is sitting close to a store doesn't mean they are watching a particular place. I have seen Officers parked on the shoulder of the road in front of Sonic. The Officer was actually running radar on the Parkway. Mainly because of the number of accidents at that turning area and the entrance/exit to McDonalds. So that would lead me to also consider that they might not be watching 420 it may be the patrons are paranoid. Symptom #1 of the weed.
really

Bristol, VA

#3 Sep 19, 2013
Shoppers must be a regular customer you know all about their merchandise and business. And btw if they were selling something illegal do you not think they would arrest the employees and owner instead of harassing the customers of all the stores near by. I for one do not want to live in a police state and by letting these officers sit near the 420 all day the real criminal are freely making meth raping women and beating babies thanks
Realstory

Bristol, VA

#4 Sep 19, 2013
The cops found out that the majority of meth makers and baby beaters were also addicted to synthetic drugs. They figured out they could catch all three by sitting near 420 Emporium.

Heck, I heard that they believe even the dog kickers, scrap metal stealers, and car burglars are using this crap. Maybe they can put enough of them in jail to dry up the demand.
MONTE

Bristol, VA

#5 Sep 21, 2013
Exactly right realstory but what you dont understand is all the surrounding business's are suffering from this unlawful police presence. Majority of people have habits good or bad ie alcohol or tobacco I wish the police would hang out all day in front of your favorite liquor store and see how many people enter
LMAO

Blountville, TN

#6 Sep 22, 2013
really wrote:
Shoppers must be a regular customer you know all about their merchandise and business. And btw if they were selling something illegal do you not think they would arrest the employees and owner instead of harassing the customers of all the stores near by. I for one do not want to live in a police state and by letting these officers sit near the 420 all day the real criminal are freely making meth raping women and beating babies thanks
They are actually running radar at Sonic. Saw it myself in the form of a ticket. Now they could be watching the people turning up the hill also but there is more than one business up there too isn't there.
Seems to me even if a person isn't doing drugs and the went in and just bought regular incense or even t-shirts they really have nothing to worry about and should care if the cops were in their car when they came out.
This area is far from a police state. That's the THC thinking for you.
Realstory

Bristol, VA

#7 Sep 24, 2013
Go ask those other businesses how they feel they are suffering. I think they will tell you they WANT the police presence to keep down on all the druggies stumbling across their parking lots, harassing their customers for money, and driving like idiots into and out of the place.

There are many differences between 420 Emporium and a liquor store. But, just to get your list started for you, most people that go buy liquor don't park across the street and walk three blocks because they are afraid the police will see their car. In addition, most are smart enough not to sit in the parking lot and drink their purchase and then drive off. Both happen at 420 Emporium many times a day.
Goofy

Bristol, VA

#8 Sep 25, 2013
MONTE wrote:
Exactly right realstory but what you dont understand is all the surrounding business's are suffering from this unlawful police presence. Majority of people have habits good or bad ie alcohol or tobacco I wish the police would hang out all day in front of your favorite liquor store and see how many people enter
Unlawful police presence? Tell me, oh great purveyor of opinions of law, what makes their presence unlawful? You need to confine your practice to the inside of the jail, where the people are dumb enough and na´ve enough to believe the crap you are spouting.

The police have every right to patrol the area around 420 Emporium, just as they do around Wal-Mart, Food City, and every other business in this city. If the business is open to the public, it is also open to the police, unless/until the owner declares he doesn't want them on his property. But, let me ask, why would a legitimate business owner not want the police on his property? You seem to be the genius, give me an answer to that one when you get a chance.
SMOKER

Abingdon, VA

#9 Sep 26, 2013
MONTE wrote:
Exactly right realstory but what you dont understand is all the surrounding business's are suffering from this unlawful police presence. Majority of people have habits good or bad ie alcohol or tobacco I wish the police would hang out all day in front of your favorite liquor store and see how many people enter
The other businesses are not suffering because they are not promoting an or making their living from potential illegal activity. There would be absolutely no difference in a liquor stores sales because 95% of the patrons are not going to be doing anything illegal once they purchase the alcohol and leave. The overwhelming majority will take the bottle home and that's the end of it. However you know as well as everyone else 95% of 420 customers are there for some type of drug paraphernalia and will be getting high to some level shortly after they leave there. Like it or not for 50% of the weed smokers it turns into a gateway type drug. Once and addictive style personality reaches the maximum high and becomes bored with it they move on to taking a pill to boost the buzz or whatever else to intensify the buzz.

If you will actually read and pay attention to the prior post you will see that the very customers of the 420 and its inventory is what brings the probable cause in to watching a place such as this. I am not sold on the fact that they are watching it I think the radar is the issue and paranoia is running ramped with its customers. I love getting high however I would never go into a place such as this other than to look around. I am a self maintained smoker meaning I make my own pipes and bongs and only by papers from gas stations. I am pushing 50 years old, retired from the Military and work a full time civilian job and I have never once had an incident with an Employer or Law Enforcement concerning weed. The reason is I respect them, their job and never underestimate their intelligents. I control every stage of my luxury to get high and never let may luxury or habit control me or interfere with my family or work life. The owner of 420 prays on the young, unprepared and stupid because that is the mentality they are working with. If you look at the Highway Boutique in Lynn Gardens they sale a variety of things and people have different reasons for shopping there not like 420 which is just get high sh!t.
Sit back and listen to both side before you automatically blame one side or the other. Your obvious disrespect and contentment for Law Enforcement is exactly what will bleed over into a conversation with an Officer one day and instead of you getting a break via marked down ticket or warning you will get whatever you have given out.
Enjoy your day and try to quit being such a douche!!
Whatdoyouthinkno w

Bristol, VA

#10 Oct 10, 2013
What does everyone think now, in light of Mr. Cannon's recent arrest on federal drug and gun charges?
REALSTORY

Bristol, TN

#11 Oct 10, 2013
This is all bs propaganda! I bet he beats the charges and they write him a check. I doubt he is in jail notice they didnt say anything about the bond amount or why he wasn't arrested in the other raids. People will never stop hating the fact this man was making a living with legal products. Nobody was forced to enter his business or buy his products. I guess the real drug dealers will now be able to push meth and crack freely since the cops have nothing else to do again. I would be more concerned about the baby raper on vance tank road or the pedophiles on moore street. Prohibition is a failure and the real marijuana is coming. What will all the cops do when american's actually have the right to enjoy a plant that the lord Jesus Christ put on this earth? No more probation violation no more going to the drug pushing pill mill dr's. Grow your medicine at home, hmmm I doubt the big drug companies would like you to be able to treat and medicate yourself for free. Anyone who believes this whole war on drugs is not a failure is blind. Locking up addicts does not work how about some treatment for a change instead of just prescribing more dope. Tylenol tobacco and alcohol kill more daily than weed bath salts or spice ever will. Oh yeah what about Mcdonalds and the heart attack dollar menu? There are serious problems that need to be addressed. I guess Mr. Cannon should have been paying the lobbyists and politicians to just sweep the real problems under the rug. Go cash your disability checks trade your food stamps for crack and send the money to the mexican cartels instead of a local business.
Menow

Bristol, VA

#12 Oct 12, 2013
There is no true "bond" in the federal system, you are normally either held until trial or released. If you will search the articles written today you will find that he is indeed in jail. If you want to smoke marijuana in the privacy of your own home who is going to know? Only the people you tell, right? Unless you tell the police, how will they ever know? Tylenol serves a legitimate purpose. Yes, it can be dangerous, but it has a medically approved use. I would agree with alcohol and tobacco. We tried to ban alcohol, and that was an even bigger failure than you think the war on drugs has been. Tobacco use is decreasing, and I hope it eventually goes away. Like these synthetic drug, it kills people. The only difference between the two is more people use tobacco than they do the synthetics. Normally, when somebody is selling something that is legal, they do not need to employ subterfuge. Why, if this stuff is as legal as you say it, does Mr. Cannon feel the need to label it as "not for human consumption" when anyone with half a brain in their head would have to know people are doing just that, "consuming it." I mean, when was the last time you saw hundreds of people hitting the Wal-Mart each day just to buy air freshener or something to put in their bath? Why has it been called, at differing times over the past two years, "brass cleaner", "glass cleaner", and "aromatherapy" just to name a few of its incarnations? Could it be for the same reasons that people call marijuana "weed", "ganga" or "smoke"? Or cocaine gets called "blow" or "powder"? Why do you label everyone who uses this by telling them to "use their food stamps for crack"? If this was a legitimate product, would the clientele for it not cover the entire socioeconomic spectrum? You are right on one point though, nobody forced these people to buy anything. However, I have never heard of a crack dealer having to force people to buy their product either, and that fact alone doesn't prove a product is legitimate, now does it? The truth of the matter is, 99% of the population realizes the harm this stuff has caused in our community. They understand it is against the law, and they do not want it sold here. They are tired of subsidizing the medical care or those who freely choose to take this crap, then run up $100,000 medical bills because of it. They would just as soon make this stuff as unavailable as possible. Even when crack was at its worst, it wasn't causing the problems this stuff has caused. I'll agree with you that pills are a problem, but that is a tougher nut to crack. If you have solution on how to stop doctors from writing prescriptions when they are legally authorized to do so, I would be more than eager to hear it. And saying, "Let everyone grow their own medicine" isn't a legitimate answer.
Uh Oh

Kingsport, TN

#14 Apr 22, 2014
REALSTORY wrote:
This is all bs propaganda! I bet he beats the charges and they write him a check. I doubt he is in jail notice they didnt say anything about the bond amount or why he wasn't arrested in the other raids. People will never stop hating the fact this man was making a living with legal products. Nobody was forced to enter his business or buy his products. I guess the real drug dealers will now be able to push meth and crack freely since the cops have nothing else to do again. I would be more concerned about the baby raper on vance tank road or the pedophiles on moore street. Prohibition is a failure and the real marijuana is coming. What will all the cops do when american's actually have the right to enjoy a plant that the lord Jesus Christ put on this earth? No more probation violation no more going to the drug pushing pill mill dr's. Grow your medicine at home, hmmm I doubt the big drug companies would like you to be able to treat and medicate yourself for free. Anyone who believes this whole war on drugs is not a failure is blind. Locking up addicts does not work how about some treatment for a change instead of just prescribing more dope. Tylenol tobacco and alcohol kill more daily than weed bath salts or spice ever will. Oh yeah what about Mcdonalds and the heart attack dollar menu? There are serious problems that need to be addressed. I guess Mr. Cannon should have been paying the lobbyists and politicians to just sweep the real problems under the rug. Go cash your disability checks trade your food stamps for crack and send the money to the mexican cartels instead of a local business.
Missed it by a mile. Pleaded guilty today. Looks like he won't be getting a big check now.
Getting his payday

Abingdon, VA

#15 Apr 23, 2014
Uh Oh wrote:
<quoted text>
Missed it by a mile. Pleaded guilty today. Looks like he won't be getting a big check now.
Right, no big check but he will get a BIG FAT SENTENCE and probably something else big and fat from bubba on down the line....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is there a real psychic or clairvoyant in bristol? (Feb '16) 15 hr Movedhere 9
dentist redford (Apr '13) 15 hr Movedhere 13
Easily got chicks who and were are they Sat 88Skidz 3
To the love of my life... (Aug '16) Fri Durwin 10
Were is Heather Keith the hotass blonde HEADED 1 Fri LoveHer 2
Tn High Fri catbear3 1
Ulta at the Pinnacle Aug 18 Seriously 5

Bristol Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bristol Mortgages