Sullivan county Jail
on the sideline

AOL

#127 May 21, 2011
Possibly you've been brainwashed I work in a nursing home and have for 17 years I've been taking care of those people, bathing, feeding and wiping but it not been because of seat belts but usually because old age altimers or diabetes, and complications from, there is one I can think of who has laid there 20 years it was a car accident he was a teenager when it happened but most are elderly that worked all thier lives and are not getting much or what they deserve in return. People die because of seat belts too. Think before you speak or maybe try thinking for yourself instead of acceepting what they tell you
seriously

Lebanon, TN

#128 May 29, 2011
on the sideline wrote:
Possibly you've been brainwashed I work in a nursing home and have for 17 years I've been taking care of those people, bathing, feeding and wiping but it not been because of seat belts but usually because old age altimers or diabetes, and complications from, there is one I can think of who has laid there 20 years it was a car accident he was a teenager when it happened but most are elderly that worked all thier lives and are not getting much or what they deserve in return. People die because of seat belts too. Think before you speak or maybe try thinking for yourself instead of acceepting what they tell you
you're f-ed up. i know of 2 ppl that are veggies because of car accidents
law

United States

#129 Sep 7, 2011
Suggestion wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a solution for you....OBEY THE LAW. Then you won't have to worry about jail conditions.
Well it seems from your post, that your neither very intelligent or well versed in law. I assume you probably work there. Inmates have the same rights that you do, and yes, they should be treated like humans.
noneyun

Bristol, VA

#130 Sep 8, 2011
Inmates do have rights, that is problem. They have a greater access to exercise those rights than you or I do. They don't have to pay their bills, they get free medical care, three meals a day, cable TV, exercise time, etc... and they don't pay dime into the tax coffers.

Most of them seem to like it, because recidivism rates in this country approach 80%. There is a simple way to stay out of jail: OBEY THE LAW. It can't be that hard since most of us never get arrested. Heck, I know lots of people that have never even gotten a traffic ticket.

Get a job and work for a living. Then you can buy whatever you want to eat. Stop drinking your paycheck or putting it up your nose. Don't take things that don't belong to you.

I get tires of listening to families whine about how the system has treated their loved ones unfairly when 90% of the time they knew their was a problem yet they did nothing but sit on their hands and cry. Cut them off. Quit enabling them. When they break the law, let them go to jail. If that happens early on, maybe they get the message. Later on, they are too far gone to save.
stacy keeling

Bristol, TN

#131 Sep 12, 2011
our officers are sworn to protect!Protect not to take bullshit from the inmates and threats that some convicts like to throw our there.I STACY KEELING have been in jail and i won't sit a cry about the condition because MY CHOICE got me put there.yeah you get cold, yeah you get talked down to and yet the food isn't that great but why do people reoffend?So lay the fuck off the officers that are doing what they were hired to do and learn to follow directions and things will go smooth no the place isn't home but if everyone works together its almost like home we just have a few more moms and dads showing us how to do the time right so we can go home.going to jail made me realize what my children ment to me something i wasn't looking at ,at that point in mylife and now i see that my children need me out here at home for them.SCSD made me take a long look at where mylife was turning and with there rules it made me a better person , it taught me to respect an officer and straightin my ass up if i didn't want to spend mylife in jail with them.as far as cold cells ,not enough food ,having to buy from jails store your damn right your going to do with out but you are givin a mat, a blanket,soap and a towel what you think you need after that is your own decision.I did the crime and i did my time and i got by just fine so lay the fuck off the cops that are there to do their jobs and just do your time and it will all be over when your time is over.I MYSELF WANT TO THANK OUR POLICE FOR THE WONDERFUL JOBS THEY DO AND FOR PUTTING THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE EVERY DAY FOR ME AND MY FAMILY.I PRAISE YOU EVERY LAST 1
renae

United States

#132 Oct 25, 2011
Discovery wrote:
Jail is meant to be punishment. How sad that you had to miss a meal and spent a chilly night. You should have spent that time reflecting on what irresponsible action put you there instead of crying over being hungry and uncomfotable for a night. Wah, wah, wah.
yea that is the truth we should all obey the law but what u dont realize is that anyone can get themselves in a situation and end up in jail. they will arrest u for almost anything anymore so keep passing judgement,i guess u never run a stop sign or speed when ur running late for work do u? and let me tell u this,the people in sullivan county jail are still human and even though they are being punished they still deserve to be treated with respect and not be treated as animals. i hope you never find yourself or someone u love in jail because until u have been there you have no understanding of what these people are talking about!
No Way Jose

Bristol, VA

#133 Oct 26, 2011
You won't go to jail simply for speeding or running a stop sign. The police cannot take you to jail for those offenses absent some extenuating circumstance.

The people in jail all made concious decisions that landed them there. I have compassion for some of them, but I don't feel sorry for any of them.

While we are discussing inmates, jails and such, let's talk about them throwing cups of urine on the jailers, stealing from each other, smuggling drugs in up their poop shooters, etc...

Truth is, there are a lot more A$$hole inmates than there are jailers, and the jailers get treated a lot rougher by the inmates than the inmates get treated by the jailers. EVERYTHING is caught on camera somewhere, and these folks would have to be absolutely STUPID to do something undeserved to an inmate.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#134 Oct 28, 2011
renae wrote:
<quoted text>yea that is the truth we should all obey the law but what u dont realize is that anyone can get themselves in a situation and end up in jail. they will arrest u for almost anything anymore so keep passing judgement,i guess u never run a stop sign or speed when ur running late for work do u? and let me tell u this,the people in sullivan county jail are still human and even though they are being punished they still deserve to be treated with respect and not be treated as animals. i hope you never find yourself or someone u love in jail because until u have been there you have no understanding of what these people are talking about!
omg they don't arrest you for running a stop sign!! unless of course theres a warrant already out for you.
and if we all could manage to get our asses out of bed and leave for work with more than enough time to spare you wouldn't need to speed or run stop signs.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#135 Apr 28, 2012
Discovery wrote:
Jail is meant to be punishment. How sad that you had to miss a meal and spent a chilly night. You should have spent that time reflecting on what irresponsible action put you there instead of crying over being hungry and uncomfotable for a night. Wah, wah, wah.
Remember~~~ Innocent people do time as well! Keep that in mind!
concerned citizen

Kingsport, TN

#136 May 27, 2012
Suggestion wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a solution for you....OBEY THE LAW. Then you won't have to w

orry about jail conditions.


You don't have to break the law. If the scsd thinks you are guilty they will arrest you. If you have ever been falsely accused and arreted to be put in that hell hole , you would change your mind.
concerned citizen

Kingsport, TN

#137 May 27, 2012
DOLLY wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know? You weren't there. Go away and tell lies about s ombody else.
I agree with you.Noone deserves to be treated like a dog. Itlooks like there are a lot of cops on this site.They all stick together. It is hard to do anything about how the inmates are treated.It is your word against theirs."I foght the law and the law won."
concerned citizen

Kingsport, TN

#138 May 27, 2012
No Way Jose wrote:
You won't go to jail simply for speeding or running a stop sign. The police cannot take you to jail for those offenses absent some extenuating circumstance.
The people in jail all made concious decisions that landed them there. I have compassion for some of them, but I don't feel sorry for any of them.
While we are discussing inmates, jails and such, let's talk about them throwing cups of urine on the jailers, stealing from each other, smuggling drugs in up their poop shooters, etc...
Truth is, there are a lot more A$$hole inmates than there are jailers, and the jailers get treated a lot rougher by the inmates than the inmates get treated by the jailers. EVERYTHING is caught on camera somewhere, and these folks would have to be absolutely STUPID to do something undeserved to an inmate.
If there are so many cameras and everyone is being monitered how come there are so many inmates attempting suicide or dying from lack of medical attention
concerned citizen

Kingsport, TN

#139 May 28, 2012
deputydawg wrote:
Nah, I really doubt he was sprayed without reason. Hope he learned from the jail experience and never has to repeat it.


Are you a cop?
Whatadumba

Bristol, VA

#140 May 29, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>If there are so many cameras and everyone is being monitered how come there are so many inmates attempting suicide or dying from lack of medical attention
Yeah, I read about one every day. They try and commit suicide because they are weak and cannot deal with reality. It is Darwinism at its best.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#141 May 30, 2012
do the crime do ur time wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?
He is talking about Joe Arpaio. Think life is ruff in the Sullivan County Hilton read up on the MARICOPA COUNTY jail in Arizona. All rights are provided according to the law. Even recreation and TV. However power for the TV is generated by an exercise bike...LMAO

Check this site:

http://articles.cnn.com/1999-07-27/us/9907_27...
Been There

Cleveland, TN

#142 May 30, 2012
Whatadumba wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I read about one every day. They try and commit suicide because they are weak and cannot deal with reality. It is Darwinism at its best.
Spent a year there and one thing was obvious. You really don't want them to think you may be suicidal. If they do, you'll get isolated wearing nothing but a dress made from what appears to be padding from a moving van. I wasn't suicidal but being in a room with 30+ LOUD, chest-pounding idiots 24/7 for months could potentially drive anyone over the edge.
concerned citizen

Kingsport, TN

#143 Jun 1, 2012
Bobbi wrote:
I have never had a problem with the jail or the officers until last year. A friend got pulled over near my house and he had a Va. license. Due to a paperwork problem with the Va. DMV his license were suspended (for not having insurance) and he didn't even know it. He did have insurance. they told him since he was out of state he would have to go to jail.
So the next morning when he's bailed out he told us about the wonderful cop that pulled him over. The cop noticed the mess in the back of his car and made some kind of remark about it. yes, it was full of trash and other misc. crap but it's his mess. then he saw a bunch of peanut butter cracker wrappers and pop tart wrappers and candy wrappers and the cop called him a pop tart eating SOB. then he goes to handcuff him and the cuffs won't fit so the other cop (backup had arrived by then) said he had some larger ones and the first cop said not to bother, he would make them fit. so this A-hole sqweezes the crap out of this kid's (he's 22....i call em all kids) wrists and forces the cuffs on. i saw the marks the next day. there's no excuse for that. this boy was not resisting. he was not being a smart @ss. no, i wasn't there but i know this kid and he's not that way.
then they go to the jail and the cop that was doing the fingerprinting was being nice and making small talk when this other @ss butts in with insults.
now, i'm wanting to call anderson and tell him he needs to teach his cops some manners but the kid doesn't want me too. he was already ashamed enough by just getting arrested. but i think the sheriff should know. turns out this was just a mix up in paper work. for some reason the DMV had suspended the license of the whole family because their insurance co. reported that they hadn't paid. his mom has the proof that it was paid and always is paid so the judge tossed it all out.
i know there's people that deserve to be in jail. i know theres people that mouth off to the cops and i say give it right back to them. but when you have somebody out there with no record and being respectful theres no excuse for a cop to speak to them that way.
you give some people a badge and they think their crap don't stink anymore and they can treat people any way they want.
it's been almost a year but i'm still wanting to call anderson.
It would do no good. Anderson is as bad as the rest of them. They all stick together. If you could afford one get a lawyer. They know most of the people do not have the money to get a lawyer. They almost let my daughter die in there. When she got out she had to be in the hospital 30 days. She still has not recovered fully.
concerned citizen

Kingsport, TN

#144 Jun 1, 2012
Maggie wrote:
<quoted text>
it's called jail...not a hotel.
IT is not a hotel, but it is not a war camp either. Most of the inmates are in there for being poor. If you have money are a police officer who was arrested you would be treated differently.
concerned citizen

Kingsport, TN

#145 Jun 1, 2012
Maggie wrote:
<quoted text>
that idiot that sits behind a computer all day made a mistake too.
too bad you had to pay for her/his mistake but things happen for a reason.
maybe you should try to either do something about it or just move on. you have so much hate just ooozing out of you. it can't be good for you.
It looks like you are the one that stays behind the computer with your wacked out opinions Shut the h... up. I hope you get arrested. I am through with this site. There are to many cops and cop lovers on here.It doesn't have to be you that was arrested. How would you like it if your mentally handicapped loved one was put in the "hole 38 days with no contact with anyone on the outside and no medical treatment until they were released. It proves there was something terribly wrong with my loved one if they had to go to Woodridge for 30 days.
Whatadumba

Bristol, VA

#146 Jun 8, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>It looks like you are the one that stays behind the computer with your wacked out opinions Shut the h... up. I hope you get arrested. I am through with this site. There are to many cops and cop lovers on here.It doesn't have to be you that was arrested. How would you like it if your mentally handicapped loved one was put in the "hole 38 days with no contact with anyone on the outside and no medical treatment until they were released. It proves there was something terribly wrong with my loved one if they had to go to Woodridge for 30 days.
Let me guess, they spent 30 days in Woodridge getting dried out. There is a difference between "spending 30 days in the hospital" and spending 30 days in Woodridge getting over a dependency on drugs and/or alcohol. My guess is your daughter was "in the hole" because she was withdrawing and they needed to keep an eye on her.

People go to jail because they did something they shouldn't have. Unfortunately, we are behind the curve in dealing with people who have mental illnesses. I would agree with that. But, as long as they know right from wrong they still shouldn't be out there taking other people's stuff, doing drugs, and being a drain on society.

If she had the money to go to Woodridge, why didn't she go BEFORE she got her ass thrown in jail? I've seen lots of people end up there after they got arrested in an effort to claim mental illness and get a reduced sentence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 31 min Crickets 4,019
To the love of my life... 17 hr Oh baby 2
Dr pill Sun paula 1
hookers (Dec '13) Aug 27 Gots Jokes 9
bristol police dept (Nov '14) Aug 26 Idiots 103
It's a car, nooo, it's a boat?? Aug 26 Bobby McFeely 8
News Dollywood introduces autism a oecalming rooma Aug 26 paul 3

Bristol Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bristol Mortgages