touchstone wireless
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
carmie

Cookeville, TN

#1 Dec 13, 2010
They are on a delayed schedule today and they are aware that people employed there travel far. The roads are very treacherous, what greedy people they are.
Snow

Bristol, TN

#2 Dec 13, 2010
Would you rather they close and you not get paid for today? Probably so since I bet you have all kinds of welfare to back up your income.
carmie

Cookeville, TN

#3 Dec 13, 2010
carmie wrote:
They are on a delayed schedule today and they are aware that people employed there travel far. The roads are very treacherous, what greedy people they are.
I am not on welfare and do not have any children...I happen to not be dependent on greedy people
carmie

Cookeville, TN

#4 Dec 13, 2010
The news is saying "Don't travel if you don't have to." This I think is a warning, or don't you perceive that?
Gitrdone

Watertown, TN

#5 Dec 14, 2010
carmie wrote:
Working at Touchstone Wireless - you have my condolences.

That company has such a bad reputation.
Snow

Bristol, TN

#6 Dec 14, 2010
hopefully all the bullshit will go down the drain when the new owners take over Jan 1st.
Snow

Bristol, TN

#7 Dec 15, 2010
I hope the first thing Bright Point does is FIRE RANDY PETERSON! He is more of a liability than an asset. His wicked ways of treating employees like shit is going to get him brought down.
TWs bitch

United States

#8 Dec 16, 2010
Yeah so today 3 emloyees crashed their cars before the lameass place had the sense to go on a snow schedule. Who in their right mind calls for a delay at 6:15 am when everyone has already showed up at 6:00.
ares

Huntington, IN

#9 Dec 16, 2010
What is it like to work there? im at act and its horrible...full of druggies, its unbelievable! how is it working at tw? thinking of going there instead.
Curious

Bristol, TN

#10 Dec 16, 2010
I've been laid off work for some time now. And I didn't even know about this place until 2 or 3 weeks ago. And so far, this place has been the only place that seems to hire all the time. But I've been a bit hesitate to apply there. Because to my experience, a place that is always hiring usually isn't a good sign. But, I've also read SO MANY horror stories about the way that place treats it's employees. Obviously I can't say whether there is anything to it or not since I don't work there. And I have yet to hear even ONE good thing about working there. But damnitt! I NEED A JOB BADLY lol So maybe I should just ignore what I hear and go on and find out for myself. I have put up with much crap over the years, and I understand that you always have to just suck up certain things. That's just the way it is. But I am too far in my years to be treated like an ignorant inhuman 8 year old the way that I hear so many other people talking about!

Does anyone out there have anything positive to say, or would it truly be a bad decision to go to work there? What is the starting pay? All comments are welcomed, Thanks!
Snow

Bristol, TN

#11 Dec 17, 2010
To Curious:

You have to apply through the tempy agency Kelly Services, and if hired that is who you work for as Kelly issues your check. Kelly says it doesn't take very long before Touchstone hires you permanently but there are many, many employees who have worked through Kelly for a year or so and still have not been hired by Touchstone. The starting pay is $8.00 or $9.00 depending on which dept you are in. I do not know if there is a raise when Touchstone hires you or not since the few Touchstone employees do not divulge their pay rate to the Kelly employees.

Touchstone employees are given 80 hours of paid time off each year, but Kelly employees only get 16 hours of UN-paid time off to last the entire year. If you do not have enough hours to cover an absence, you are given an occurance. On your 1st occurance you are written up, on the 2nd occurance you are written up, on your 3rd occurance you are given a final warning and if you get the fourth occurance you are terminated. Therefore placing you in constant fear of losing your job. Tardies/leaving early include absence between 1 minute up to 1 hour 59 min, and you are allowed nine of these. On the 10th you are fired, once again constant fear of losing your job. If your absence is 2 hrs or more it is not a tardy/leave early it is a full occurance.

You only get 30 min for lunch, and if you take 31 or more it is a tardy.

They have all of this high-tech security equip in place, stand up and hand held metal detectors because of past problems with theft of cell phones or parts, but even with all this high-tech equipment, employees are not allowed to wear a jacket or hoodie into the production area. Nothing with a hood is allowed, the only item which can be worn over your clothing is a hoodie-without the hood and if it has a zipper, it can only be a 1/4 length zipper and the zipper must be plastic. This is an issue because the place is cold due to the shipping/receiving doors being opened and close constantly all day and the fact the heat is undoubtedly set at 68 of which the temp never reaches.

Personal cell phones are not allowed past the security check-point, and if you forget and take yours back there, security confiscates your phone until it can be taken apart to check for Touchstone parts in case you sneak yours back there to repair it. They also check all your pictures and videos and messages to make sure you are not recording the inner-workings of the facility. If you are lucky you may get your phone back that day, but it could take weeks to get it back since the only person who checks employee phones is the Director of Security and Safety and if he is on vacation you are out of luck. The first time they catch you with your phone, you are given a final warning, the second time you are fired.

The security force in and of itself is hilarious as it is comprised of ex-police officers who think they are still police officers. They actually call employees down for "driving a little too fast in the parking lot" as if they have a radar gun. They will turn you around and make you go back through the metal detectors if the alarm sounds, then make you take off your belt, shoes, or what ever else may contain metal, then you come back through it where they thoroughly inspect you with a hand held detector. I'm personally waiting on full body exams like the Transportation Safety Administration.

Inclement weather is a joke. On Thursday, when the entire city was encased in ice, employees had to report to work at 6am and a few wrecked their cars trying to make it in (last winter a lady died in a wreck trying to make it in). Then at 6:20 am after the bulk of the employees were already there, a 2 hour delay was called. But on Friday, when the roads appear clear, the place is not opening until 7:00 but you can be as late as 9:00 and not receive a tardy.

Touchstone was just bought by Bright Point. Best thing they could do is fire every "executive" and start all over.

Bristol, TN

#13 Mar 21, 2011
I feel bad for these people if jobs are lost

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#14 Apr 27, 2011
Touchstone wireless sucks. If you think you have colon cancer...oh well dont go to the dr just DIE!! If your wife has a miscarriage...oh well dont go to the dr to be with her. You better believe that it dont matter to them. I know this from experience. If you get fired dont expect to get unemployment. They sorry SOBs dont care. they lie and say you didnt work there that long that you said this and said that and they basically just screw you over. they suck bottom line. the bristol tn touchstone wireless is horrible. dont work there. and scott tester is a moron who is out to get everyone who really needs money. he is pathetic and needs to be put in his place. touchstone=hell!!!l
Sad

China Grove, NC

#15 May 17, 2011
Well as of today they will not need to complain any longer Last day to work is 07/31/11 and all is moving to Indianapolis. Sad day for all of those workers that actually came to work!
citizen kane

Columbia, SC

#16 May 17, 2011
The founders got wealthy on the backs of the laborers...greed was incredible. They would have still been very wealthy if they had treated the employees better. They chose not to. Karma will deal with them and/or their children and families.
Sad

China Grove, NC

#17 May 17, 2011
You know not every place is the greatest to work but by goodness it is a job and it is a scarce thing here...Hopefull these that have pissed and moaned this entire time will see it for what it is...Be thankful you had that job because it could be worse...Like now with it relocating all jobs!
citizen kane

Columbia, SC

#18 May 17, 2011
Good point..... Bristol has definately become a place for welfare growth and drug addiction and crime with all the jobs leaving. Our council and city leaders seem to prefer oppression over growth.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#19 May 17, 2011
I am not surprised to hear they are shutting down. I used to work there and they treat their employees like crap. No matter how many phones you may make a day it is never enough. I was in the military b4 touchstone and touchstone was more stict than that. Im glad to hear people wont have to suffer through that anymore, hopefully they can get better jobs although i know that is hard to do around here.
Concerned Mother

Johnson City, TN

#20 May 18, 2011
Touchstone Wireless ATE MY BABY!!!!
Level 3

Bristol, TN

#21 Jun 22, 2011
It is with great sadness I report the death of Homer Hall who worked in housekeeping at Touchstone. He passed away Monday 6/20. Also Jim Loudy who worked as a Cell Tech there passed away just 2 weeks earlier on 6/6. These 2 fine gentlemen will be sorely missed. I can't help but wonder if their deaths could have been contributed to by the stress of losing their jobs when Touchstone closes. That is something for the Hurley brothers and the executives at Bright Point North America to think about (or careless about as I am sure they will). Sad to think these 2 fellas spent their last days slaving away at that dump. Rest In Peace guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Still around at the lake? Fri Lake Time 14
looking Fri joe 3
Dogging Fri joe 3
Hot nurses May 22 Hobama 2
Property Court May 21 Marcus 1
Who else thinks Tennessee SUCKS? (Sep '06) May 18 scott 1,893
News Tennessee Gas Prices Face Upward Pressure May 16 little jim 1

Bristol Jobs

Personal Finance

Bristol Mortgages