Sargent Pleads Guilty To Church Theft

Sep 28, 2010 Read more: WCYB 133

A Bristol man has pleaded guilty to stealing from a church. Randall Sargent took more than $10,000 from the Bradley Street Baptist Church while serving as treasurer.

Read more
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Darlene

Bristol, TN

#1 Oct 3, 2010
My Mother was a Charter Member of this church. She lived on a fixed income and even when her health was declining and she was not able to attend services she still continued to send her money to Bradley Street Baptist Church. It breaks my heart to find out how this man literally "robbed" so many people in the "name of God." My Mother died not knowing who was really getting her money. I hope Randy can sleep well at night knowing how he was living a nice comfortable life and she was sacrificing to be able to send in her money. I have no compassion for this crime and I hope he is sentenced to the fullest extent allowed by law but I am sure he will get off with just a slap on the wrist. I pray justice will be served Randy so that you will not hurt anyone else like you have hurt me and my family. God have mercy on you because I surely do not!!!
wow

Elgin, IL

#2 Oct 3, 2010
This Randell guy. Does he have children? I am trying to place him.
real christians

Bristol, VA

#5 Oct 4, 2010
You guys are real Christians. Not only do you bash the father who, BTW, has admitted his guilt and is going to be punished. But, you also have to go after his kid who had no control over what his father does or does not do. You better start going to Church four time a week instead of three because apparently you are getting the message.
huh

Bristol, VA

#6 Oct 4, 2010
Say What??? English please.
real christians wrote:
You guys are real Christians. Not only do you bash the father who, BTW, has admitted his guilt and is going to be punished. But, you also have to go after his kid who had no control over what his father does or does not do. You better start going to Church four time a week instead of three because apparently you are getting the message.
Former

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Oct 4, 2010
I used to attend this church, and every Sunday they would ask for thousands to build the shack they call a fellowship hall, and somehow by the end of the service, they'd have the 'just $5,000' more they needed, and then ask for more the next Sunday. I used to wonder where it all went, it makes sense now.
really knows the family

Johnson City, TN

#8 Oct 5, 2010
knows the fam wrote:
YES HIS SON IS A BRISTOL TN POLICE OFFICER AND IS HAVING HIS OWN HOUSE FORECLOSED ON AND DRIVES A NEW HUMMER WONDER IF DADDY GAVE HIM MONEY?
U must not no the family to well if you did , you would no that Randall never handed his sons a dime nor are his kids very close to him!. As far as his son who is a officer, you should not mention him! Neither of his kids should be mentiond. U know they also have children , children who are still young and impressionable. Your comment really bothers me. His son or grandkids do not deserve to be judged based on what thier father / grandfather did. I do not agree with what Randall did , but how dare you try to bring his son a single father into this, a man that protects our city streets and helps keep us safe to the best of his ability.
Malcom

Johnson City, TN

#9 Oct 5, 2010
Yes wrote:
I was told by a former member of the church that his son is a Bristol TN police officer
What does this have to do with anything, why the f---should it matter what his son does for a living! His son did not write checks to hisself with the churchs money! That was Randall Sargent! I would be asking the question" Why did Mr. Sargent steal from the Church, Why did Mr. Sargent not realize that he might be hurting his family?
Tim

Johnson City, TN

#10 Oct 5, 2010
wow wrote:
This Randell guy. Does he have children? I am trying to place him.
He does have children. He has very lovely children and grandchildren. Its so sad people have to judge them for what their father has done, it is such a sad sad world we live in. I pray for those children and all the people out there who have such evil souls that they have to drag those innocent children into it and their children as well, it must be hard to have such judging parents when then only person who should judge is our lord .
Faking the Grade

Johnson City, TN

#11 Oct 5, 2010
real christians wrote:
When will you idiots realise that you should follow your Savior and not the Church. The Church harbors thieves, pedophiles, and deviants of all manners. Stay away from Church and follow the Anointed One's teachings. His word has been misappropriated and poisoned with the rhetoric of the self-serving Clerics for centuries.
knows the fam

Kingsport, TN

#12 Oct 6, 2010
really knows the family wrote:
<quoted text>
U must not no the family to well if you did , you would no that Randall never handed his sons a dime nor are his kids very close to him!. As far as his son who is a officer, you should not mention him! Neither of his kids should be mentiond. U know they also have children , children who are still young and impressionable. Your comment really bothers me. His son or grandkids do not deserve to be judged based on what thier father / grandfather did. I do not agree with what Randall did , but how dare you try to bring his son a single father into this, a man that protects our city streets and helps keep us safe to the best of his ability.
No one is judging his kids or grandchildren. As a matter of fact, no grandchildren were ever brought up until your comment. This is about Randall and what he did wrong. A question was asked if he had a son who was a police officer and it was answered. I could go on and on about his kids but choose not to because it is not about them. But lets make something clear, if you REALLY knew them as you said you would know that has paid the bills for one of his kids for several years now and footed the bill for many things with the other. No one is being judged here, so before you jump the gun and get on the defense, break down and actually read the comments.
knows the fam

Kingsport, TN

#13 Oct 6, 2010
really knows the family wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and if they werent too close with him wonder why he now lives with one of them.
Tim

Johnson City, TN

#14 Oct 6, 2010
knows the fam wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is judging his kids or grandchildren. As a matter of fact, no grandchildren were ever brought up until your comment. This is about Randall and what he did wrong. A question was asked if he had a son who was a police officer and it was answered. I could go on and on about his kids but choose not to because it is not about them. But lets make something clear, if you REALLY knew them as you said you would know that has paid the bills for one of his kids for several years now and footed the bill for many things with the other. No one is being judged here, so before you jump the gun and get on the defense, break down and actually read the comments.
U must not have read the post about what his son drove and about his home, so yes his son was being judged. So you break down and read the comments. And I truly believe that you are involving the grandkids when you mention their parents. They were the ones that read this site to begin with.
answer to your question

Johnson City, TN

#15 Oct 6, 2010
knows the fam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and if they werent too close with him wonder why he now lives with one of them.
Becouse he can't live with his girlfriend at the moment to he gets rid of his crazy wife.
answer to your question

Johnson City, TN

#16 Oct 6, 2010
knows the fam wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't pay their bills, he just told his wife that so she would not figure out he was paying he was paying for his new girlfriends . Then he got caught!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#17 Oct 7, 2010
She told me that he said, that she said...well, I heard...Someone told me...

Sound like a lot of gossip. Ya'll should leave that on the social network sites. Or better yet, not at all!!

And it also sounds like a lot of assumptions are being made. We all know what they say about assuming!!
WOW

Greeneville, TN

#18 Oct 7, 2010
Let it go. The only person that this has anything to do with is Randall. Not his kids, his grandkids or his wife for that matter. He will get what he deserves and he is the one that has to close his eyes at night knowing what he did was wrong. Let him deal with it...
I do not know family

Bristol, VA

#19 Oct 7, 2010
Why bring his family into it? This man is the guilty party and he will stand before God one day for his judgement. I did not read anywhere that his children or his grandchildren were found guilty therefore don't drag them and their names through the mud for something they did not do. That is unfair and immature.
letitsnow

Bristol, TN

#20 Oct 9, 2010
I do not know family wrote:
Why bring his family into it? This man is the guilty party and he will stand before God one day for his judgement. I did not read anywhere that his children or his grandchildren were found guilty therefore don't drag them and their names through the mud for something they did not do. That is unfair and immature.
Well said. Most of these comments ARE unfair and immature. His family knew NOTHING about what he had been doing. Not even his wife. It has devastated them to say the least. Also NOBODY knows why he lives with his son and it's NO ONE"S business!
Wish I was a Lawyer

Piney Flats, TN

#22 Oct 12, 2010
#1 You give based on your increase, not what the church "needs" at the moment.

#2 Once you put the money in the plate you job is done.

The first poster has every right to be upset, that from her point of view, her mother could had a more convenient life in this world if she would not had given to that church, because now in hindsight it was going partially to a robber.

But she has no right to be upset that her mom was a tither. Or that she can not see mercy given to the thief. God called all of us to be who we are, you say this like there is no way God can call you to steal. Trust me, he can, and might, so start looking for that mercy today.
big moma

Bristol, TN

#23 Oct 12, 2010
letitsnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. Most of these comments ARE unfair and immature. His family knew NOTHING about what he had been doing. Not even his wife. It has devastated them to say the least. Also NOBODY knows why he lives with his son and it's NO ONE"S business!
Amen! All of this gossip is just as big a sin as what Mr. Sargent did. Sin is sin in the eyes of the Lord and if you gossipers don't start repenting, you, too, must stand before the Lord. The forked tongue is a dangerous tool. None of us have any right to judge or to cast stones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the best personal injury lawyer (Jan '13) 2 hr kody 32
News Shirl Greer Funeral Arrangements (Mar '10) 6 hr pancakes 13
rodrun traffic Sun bill 6
Bluff City Waterworks (Jan '14) Apr 18 sweet girl11 8
Bluff City- PLease vote for Leonard (May '09) Apr 18 sweet girl11 21
Searching Apr 17 Concerned citizen 1
Searching Apr 17 Concerned citizen 1
More from around the web

Bristol People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE