Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

Judged:

If you want to see some good cat fights, just head over to the Bristol Country Club. I sometimes go there as a guest with a friend of mine and it's better than any of the reality shows. Last summer was my first time visiting and on my first visit there were 2 "women" screaming and crying and fighting over one of the woman's husband. Their names were Chrissy and Cindy and from what the people around me were saying, Chrissy wasnt happy that Cindy knew some intimate details of her life. Supposedly the details came from Chrissy's husband. I think it all started over a question about Chrissy's dog! They started screaming and crying and calling people. It was better than any movie. Word is that Chrissy's husband has a past with Cindy. There's been a few other fights, but so far this one has been the best. I've been back a few times this summer and it's been worth it for the entertainment. Most of the women there are superficial, friendly to your face and stab you in the back as soon as you turn around. The gossip is great! It's difficult to keep up with who is having an affair and who is split up and who just declared bankruptcy, etc... But if you ever feel like your life is not going the way you want, just go there and you will feel so much better about yourself when you leave.
jesus

Church Hill, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

most "wealthy" people in that general area of Bristol are phonies who only thnk they're wealthy because they qualify for a hefty morgage & car loan. When the belts start tightening, you get Melrose Place melodramatic BS like that...it's science.
satan

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

-uck rich peaple they a,nt -hit fake,snooty peaple who think yhey are better than every body .they didnt work for what they got. theyer mommy and daddy gave it to them ,and the wemon marriednasty old perverted old menthat are super nasty .then they waite for them to die .ha ha ha ha ha .RICH FAKE PEAPLE GO TO HELLL WHEN THEY DIE .because they never help anyone but themselves.
The Drifter

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

Rich people do think they're better than you, and they are. Rich people stay rich because they make uniform good decisions over a lifetime. Poor people often stay poor for the same reason, a lifetime of being stupid on purpose.

I'm not rich, but I'm working on it. You'd probably think I am because you have a skewed sense of reality. I came from a modest home of modest means with two parents who were serious about education and bettering their children.

The truth is, this sh.it here is the worst type of drivel gossip. You are so bewildered with what these women are doing, yet you're doing the same thing by talking sh.it about them. I guess you're jealous of what they've got and you taking them down a peg makes you feel better about a lifetime of choices that have led you to your situation, whatever that may be, or you're just a classless hussy that actually knows these old broads and wants to stir the pot. Either way lady, let's face it, you're acting like a bitch.

The poor and the stupid often have many common traits, and the most tragic is the need to constantly feel victimized. It's a great way for you to take no actual responsibility for how your life has turned out. You all have displayed that here.

Also, Satan, pick up a 4th grade spelling book and master it. You're a f.uc king disgrace.
juliep

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Rich people are no better than anyone else in this world. We are all the same in God's eyes. I own 2 homes, 4 cars (paid for) and travel extensively. So I have as much, if not more, than most of these women. Some of them have refinanced their house to the point that they owe way more on it than it's worth. They have secret credit cards that their husbands don't know about and they have their parents make the payments for them. Some have even filed bankruptcy and yet their children still attend Sullins Academy. I am debt free except for my mortgage. So I do believe that I have made wise financial decisions in my life. Yes, I have money too but I don't flaunt it or feel like I have to belong to a country club, be seen with certain people, and brag about what I have to feel validated. I don't feel victimized. Why should I? I'm just amused at the behavior of the so called "socialites". You would think that their cotillion classes would've taught them some class and lady like behavior. Most of these women are so unhappy in their lives and marriages that they resort to alcohol to numb their feelings. I have watched them be "best friends" with someone and then tell every sordid secret they know on this person as soon as they walk away. It amuses me at the lack of class that these women have. Yes, I may be talking about them right now, but I will never stoop to their level. I have "true" friends that I am loyal too. It's just fun to sit there and watch these women act exactly like the women on the Real Housewives reality show. I have watched only 2 of those shows to see what all of the buzz was about. After watching them, I found myself amazed that so many people watch these shows and want their lives to be just like that. My post was mainly to let people know that the so-called "elite" at the Country Club are no better than anyone else and most of them are the most unhappy people that I have ever seen. You can have money and no class or morals. Some of the most decent people that I know are not the wealthiest, but are sincere, would give you the shirt off of their back and would never do anything to hurt a friend. Some people are poor due to bad decisions. But some are also financially strapped because of medical problems that they have had to endure. Or maybe they lost their job. These people don't feel victimized, they have just had unfortunate events in their lives. I don't have a skewed sense of reality, Drifter, but it sounds like you do. You can call me names and make assumptions, yet you know nothing about me. I know most of these women, so I am not making assumptions. I'm just telling the truth. By the way, the "old broads" at the Club are in their 30's and 40's.
jesus

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

As Warren Buffett said, "When the tide goes out, you can see who's swimming naked."

Drifter, being rich is not being leveraged as a debtor-in-possession on the assumption that my job as an insurance sales executive, car salesman, etc will go on indefinitely, and I can parade my mortgaged McMansion in Tara Hills to all my country club "buddies." No jab at professionals such as doctors, lawyers, or engineers here, as they (generally) are more conservative in their decision-making...except lawyers.

I lived in Bristol for 23 years, and I know exactly what the OP is talking about, because I've met lots of people like this in that area...neighborly sales pitch to your face, smug sh*theads behind your back. Money ain't got nothin to do with it, it's character.

Perhaps you're not keen on poker lingo, but I'll clue you in - most (not all) are bluffing their hands, and when the the good times stop rolling, sh*t like this starts happening. No secret that the general area there is experiencing a fallout from BAD INVESTMENT DECISIONS on leverage...they're stuck, so now it becomes a sniping marathon.

Lastly, Drifter, I'm richer than you.
The Drifter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Firstly, no shi.t. I understand people, but the original post wasn't about people, it was about class warfare.

Secondly, congratulations on your wealth. I want to be just like you, and I'm working on it. Don't mistake me for the jealous type. I'm not even a member of "the club", seems like a poor financial decision for me.
jesus

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

No assumption made here of wealth envy, and praise to you for working earnestly at it.

Still, don't see it so much as class warfare, than true character rearing its ugly head behind the facade of the "high society" those local yokels put up. Juliep said it best

And, people who behave like that, without a real look at one's soul, are always just a few martinis, maxed cards, & social indiscretions from the soup line that the folks in the vicious cycle fall into. Never going to get anywhere until they take the hard medicine and walk the talk. Then, they probably won't go the Country Club anymore.
juliep

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

My original post was not about class warfare. It was about the behavior of people who think they are better than others because of the size of their house, what they drive, who they know, etc.. They are searching desperately for happiness in alcohol,shopping, affairs and drama.I am not a member of the club and have no desire to be. Jesus is right on the mark with his remarks. Living in Bristol, you see a lot of the behavior that I've written about.
Jam On It

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

The rich are considered "bad" by the poor but the freaking red neck poor in this area are the ones who are sucking down mega amounts of Jack Daniels, smoking 420, keeping the meth labs and pain killer pushers in business.

Most of the poor around here are the ones sucking up welfare and medicaid by being divorced three times by time their 40 and having kids with each x leading to a cluster F of a life for those poor kids who have 2/3 step dads and step moms..........

Most rih people are small business owners who have busted their butt to get there..........
goober peas

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

One of the richest guys I know puts more money up his nose each year than I make. He is rich, not because of his hard work, but because his GRANDFATHER was a very smart investor who owned several businesses. Give him a couple of generations and his family won't be rich anymore. The type of class we are talking about here has nothing to do with wealth, and everything to do with character. There are lots of rich people that got that way through hard work, and there are just as many that got that way through luck of the draw at birth. By no means am I rich, at least not in material things. I am middle-class and will probably stay that way unless I win the lottery. However, I know lots of people who are rich. It would be hard to pick the truly classy ones out of the crowd at McDonalds.
some nut

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

GP, good hit on the nail head with last sentence.*Truly* classy sometimes seems to be a long-forgotten aire sensed in encounters with those who are truly wealthy - in character first, and the rest follows...well, for those who can wade through all the exhibitionist rich and put em in their place.

Way I see it, in an unevolved, polarized "black & white" town like Bristol, you've got:

1) the filth that JamOnIt's posting about
2) the filthy rich (many, not all, from inheritance or crony connections in local gov't)
3) the ever-dwindling numbers of in-betweeners being under constantly increasing pressure to pick a side between #1 or #2.

Picking the lesser of two evils...is still picking evil. Get the $%#@ out of there if you're still a human with a soul.
Jack Rocks

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

Jam On It wrote:
The rich are considered "bad" by the poor but the freaking red neck poor in this area are the ones who are sucking down mega amounts of Jack Daniels, smoking 420, keeping the meth labs and pain killer pushers in business.
Most of the poor around here are the ones sucking up welfare and medicaid by being divorced three times by time their 40 and having kids with each x leading to a cluster F of a life for those poor kids who have 2/3 step dads and step moms..........
Most rih people are small business owners who have busted their butt to get there..........
Hey.I extend my pinky finger when I take a shot of jack but I dont mess with the others.
Skinnybarbie

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Judged:

Omg this whole website is a joke and reading what people say is unbelieveably ridiculous. Who cares who is a member of the CC club and what u drive give me a break. Oh and btw the so called cat fight at the CC club is bs. Someone is rlly jealous of this Cindy and Chrissy girl. My advice is get over it. Go do something productive in your life and leave everyone else alone. You rlly show your stupidity when u say stupid things. I am rlly in shock this website even exists. Just goes to show u how bored and miserable others must be to talk about people and situations I am sure they know nothing about. AGAIN GET A LIFE Jodie P
The Drifter

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Errrr Skinny Barbie, not Jodie
BigDKen

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

"You rlly show your stupidity when u say stupid things. I am rlly in shock this website even exists."

Guess you 'rlly' proved your own point there, Jodie.
Wondering

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

jodiep wrote:
If you want to see some good cat fights, just head over to the Bristol Country Club. I sometimes go there as a guest with a friend of mine and it's better than any of the reality shows. Last summer was my first time visiting and on my first visit there were 2 "women" screaming and crying and fighting over one of the woman's husband. Their names were Chrissy and Cindy and from what the people around me were saying, Chrissy wasnt happy that Cindy knew some intimate details of her life. Supposedly the details came from Chrissy's husband. I think it all started over a question about Chrissy's dog! They started screaming and crying and calling people. It was better than any movie. Word is that Chrissy's husband has a past with Cindy. There's been a few other fights, but so far this one has been the best. I've been back a few times this summer and it's been worth it for the entertainment. Most of the women there are superficial, friendly to your face and stab you in the back as soon as you turn around. The gossip is great! It's difficult to keep up with who is having an affair and who is split up and who just declared bankruptcy, etc... But if you ever feel like your life is not going the way you want, just go there and you will feel so much better about yourself when you leave.
What ever happened with Chrissy?

“You couldn't done no better!”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

This post isn't about the country club, only a nasty bar named that! Those people aren't rich, get real!
Blue

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Thank you for clearing that up.
Cat fight

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Blue wrote:
Thank you for clearing that up.
No, actually this discussion is about The Brisuol Country Club not The country club bar and grill. I was there snd know the people mentioned in this forum. It was the hot sun, alcohol, pool and a little green eyed monster that came into play. From what I hear These girls have disliked each other for years. I think Crissy is jealous of Cindy's good looks and the attention men give her- Crissys husband included. Maybe that's why she and hubby moved away. Chrissy is a pretty girl but doesn't have that sexy look about her. Ya know, the freshly frick'd look? Men like that look obviously. I think Cindy would beat the snot outta Crissy if given the chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Bristol Forum right now

Search the Bristol Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 2 min TN Voter 140,499
Anyone know of a real snitch on paper?? (Dec '10) 3 hr The Website 50
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr WTH 8,896
Electric Sun Tanning Salon in Bristol (Aug '12) 14 hr GNG 49
i miss you 14 hr tragdj 3
snitches Sun DEA 6
Who else thinks Tennessee SUCKS? (Sep '06) Jul 19 ORLANDO FLORIDA 1,768
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bristol Jobs

•••