Review: Media Exchange

Posted in the Bristol Forum

Old-Time-Gamer

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Oct 16, 2010
Large amount of old games. And holy crap the people know about the old stuff. You ask the person behind the counter about a game for the NES and they do not turn to you and ask what a NES is. All in all a great store
Local Gamer

Granger, IN

#2 Aug 22, 2011
Not sure what the hell this guy is talking about The shop is horrible yes theres old games but you can get them on ebay much less. The Place stinks the owner is a prick that thinks he knows everything he will talk over you or walkaway. Trust me the Best place to go is Michiana Used media That place is huge and very clean. The guys there act like your buddys there into everything your looking for
Game Guy

Elkhart, IN

#3 Nov 4, 2011
I was impressed with the store when I went there the other day. The guys that were there were very help and nice. They had a ton of old games and old systems. I have been to some places in Michiana with a large selection of games, but they had enough games and their prices were a lot cheaper then I have seen in Michiana.
Retro Gamer

Elkhart, IN

#4 Dec 23, 2011
The selection of old games and old systems is rather large for 2011. There's not much space to maneuver inside, very cramped. There's too many people working in there at times. I was asked if I needed help finding anything by 4 different kids in one visit. That's just too much, I don't like being pestered, and it's not good business really to have all your brothers and your mother hanging around cluttering up the already cramped space. It's an OK store though, with mostly un-offensive pricing, I'm rather neutral, I'll pay a bit more for a local business, but only a bit more. The two shops only 10 miles to the west in Mishawaka, Disc Replay and Michiana Used Media are much nicer shops, with room to walk and you don't have the clerks breathing down your neck.
sockerlova101

Elkhart, IN

#5 Jan 3, 2012
Fix things for the best price around, and I received very good service.
owner

Elkhart, IN

#6 Jan 29, 2012
It's a real shame when someone writes such lies about a business and won't say there name. Makes me think Michiana wrote this statement. Come in and check us out for yourself. Thanks
Game Lover

Elkhart, IN

#7 Aug 3, 2012
Local Gamer wrote:
Not sure what the hell this guy is talking about The shop is horrible yes theres old games but you can get them on ebay much less. The Place stinks the owner is a prick that thinks he knows everything he will talk over you or walkaway. Trust me the Best place to go is Michiana Used media That place is huge and very clean. The guys there act like your buddys there into everything your looking for
---------WOW Who ever wrote this is a idiot. Sounds like michiana used media wrote this trying to make themselves look good and their store in elkhart went out of business. You can get about anything cheaper on ebay if you want to take a chance on what you will recieve or when you will get it. Ebay is cheaper than Michiana to. I have been to Media Exchange and the guys are great and know what they are talking about. The prices are much cheaper than Michiana and game Stop. Media Exchange has a very large selection. Go see for yourself, you will like the place. Old stuff and the new stuff --- Check it out.
Game Lover

Elkhart, IN

#8 Aug 3, 2012
Retro Gamer wrote:
The selection of old games and old systems is rather large for 2011. There's not much space to maneuver inside, very cramped. There's too many people working in there at times. I was asked if I needed help finding anything by 4 different kids in one visit. That's just too much, I don't like being pestered, and it's not good business really to have all your brothers and your mother hanging around cluttering up the already cramped space. It's an OK store though, with mostly un-offensive pricing, I'm rather neutral, I'll pay a bit more for a local business, but only a bit more. The two shops only 10 miles to the west in Mishawaka, Disc Replay and Michiana Used Media are much nicer shops, with room to walk and you don't have the clerks breathing down your neck.
Hey, go check it again it's bigger.
Retro Gamer

Elkhart, IN

#9 Aug 12, 2012
I can't stand shopping here. Half of the games aren't even tagged with pricing, and the owner either makes up an unbelievable price out of thin air, or looks up the highest price on whatever mystery internet site is his favorite. He probably looks up ultra-high eBay BiN's. I have a hint for ya buddy, just because some random dude on eBay has an exorbitant BiN price for a game, doesn't mean the game will sell at that price, and it doesn't make your dust-covered, food-stained loose cartridge worth what you think it is.

I hate it when merchandise isn't tagged with a price! If it's on your floor for sale, then put a price on it, and I'll decide if it's fair or not. Don't get me to ask what the price is, and then make up a price later and try and lie about how RARE the game is.

This is one of the shadiest businesses in Elkhart, it's even shadier than most pawn shops. Even pawn shops have pricing for their items.
Trumpet Player

Elkhart, IN

#10 Sep 30, 2012
Retro Gamer is so full of it. The guys at media exchange are awesome. Period. Good service, friendly, and knowledgable. They also give you deals if you're a repeat customer. The pricing in there is "just right" and like I said they will work with you on some things. People like that are worth giving business to, and that's why I shop there as much as I can and also refer family and friends there. All good responses. Mike's the man!
Miss Stephanie

United States

#11 Oct 8, 2012
I love this place...so thrilled that I found a sega master system here. The guys that helped us were super friendly and knew their info. No, I do not work there and I do not know them personally, but I will continue to buy there. If you feel like they didn't kiss your ass enough, maybe YOU should stop feeling so entitled.
Manduhzon

Elkhart, IN

#12 Dec 19, 2012
I've gotta say, when it comes to friendly, helpful staff, media exchange has got it. You need something fixed, they'll do it. They will explain anything you need to know about your electronics too!

All in all I love the store, BUT...

I think the DVD wall is a bit hard to look at. maybe having them sorted somehow either by title or genre would help?

Other than that you guys are doing a great job :)
Michiana Media - Pathetic

Elkhart, IN

#13 Jul 30, 2013
Local Gamer wrote:
----------
It is just PATHETIC - when a business like Michiana media has to lie and put comments about Media Exchange TO TRY AND GET BUSINESS. Everyone at Media Exchange is very nice and helpful. Media Exchange has a lot bigger selection and a lot better prices --- BUY FAR!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage pushes Mennonite church to split 20 hr Trish 17
missing brother Dec 14 Driverrichard 3
Brian from florida Dec 9 Chick 1
Just need to get this out... Nov '14 Confused Person 1
Elkhart is a rotten place to live (Oct '11) Nov '14 Go Blue Forever 14
hanging/Marion ST. (May '14) Nov '14 Heartbroken 4
Goshen Music Thread Nov '14 Musikologist 1
Bristol Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web