Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,975

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#182567 Mar 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
What is it going to take to get you idiots to stop believing the bullshit put out by FOX News?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#182568 Mar 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
You do realize how fast public support can come by eliminating ignorance and prejudice with education?
As if.........
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#182569 Mar 4, 2013
Randy-Rock-Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies, from rose. And your sucker ass believes them...
Look, you silly hick. I can tell from Rose's posts that she's educated, so yes, I believe her.

You, on the other hand, are very easily spotted as uneducated. Not only that, but you embrace your ignorance and wear it as a badge of honor. You don't even have enough sense to keep your stupid mouth shut.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#182570 Mar 4, 2013
Randy-Rock-Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL From where? Mackie-Brown University, or ITT Tech?
...and how many degrees do you have?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182571 Mar 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You do realize same sex marriage had it's detractors just like you describe are against poly marriage?
And you do realize public support was not very common in the early days of SSM just a few short years ago?
You do realize how fast public support can come by eliminating ignorance and prejudice with education?
Detractors yes, but no on “the same as I describe” people are seeing polygamy, as no criminal I have seen has ever used same sex marriages specifically as an excuse, that gives them the "right" to commit such a crime.

I do realize how fast public support can come, I also realize it won’t come at all unless the people in the forefront of this issue are not criminals and welfare cheats as they currently in the public eye, seem to be.

You need more positive role models
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182572 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it going to take to get you idiots to stop believing the bullshit put out by FOX News?
That is refered to as FAUX News

It fits
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182573 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Woops! Forgot that everything FOX reports is a lie in liberal la la land! Sorry!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22643...
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#182574 Mar 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It fits
Actually, I usually call it FUX News.

You would think after what happened in November, folks would quit FUX News, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182575 Mar 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Detractors yes, but no on “the same as I describe” people are seeing polygamy, as no criminal I have seen has ever used same sex marriages specifically as an excuse, that gives them the "right" to commit such a crime.
I do realize how fast public support can come, I also realize it won’t come at all unless the people in the forefront of this issue are not criminals and welfare cheats as they currently in the public eye, seem to be.
You need more positive role models
Ugh. Again I am allowed to talk of polygamy in the abstract. It's in the TOS of this DISCUSSION forum.

Your repeated arguments that poly has a bad image ARE NOTED REPEATEDLY. They are NOT reasons to deny equality.

You need an argument.

P.S. SSM had a very bad image too. Marrying trees and goats and such. You still use it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182576 Mar 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It fits
http://now.msn.com/msnbc-more-biased-than-fox...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182577 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#182578 Mar 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Woops! Forgot that everything FOX reports is a lie in liberal la la land! Sorry!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22643...
http://foxnewslies.net/

But this is even better: http://sayitaintsoalready.com/2011/03/02/fox-...

Fox Shut Out of Canada Because of a Law Against Lying During Newscasts
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182579 Mar 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh. Again I am allowed to talk of polygamy in the abstract. It's in the TOS of this DISCUSSION forum.
Your repeated arguments that poly has a bad image ARE NOTED REPEATEDLY. They are NOT reasons to deny equality.
You need an argument.
P.S. SSM had a very bad image too. Marrying trees and goats and such. You still use it.
The topic of this form is specifically the judge overturning Prop 8 which had nothing whatsoever to do with polygamy which was illegal before and will continue to be illegal after it is overturned, don’t play stay on topic with me kiddo, I have been on topic, you are the one that keeps twisting Prop 8 to be about something it is not about.

You note my comments about image, and forget them as if that issue does not exist, and then I remind you again.

SSM did not have a bad image problem, homosexuality did, but homosexual crimes were not blamed by the perpetrators specifically with rights under Same Sex Marriage.

NOT true about polygamy, criminals HAVE and STILL use polygamy as an excuse to perpetrate their crimes, and those criminals are what the majority of people see as the forefront of polygamy.

Until that is addressed, there will be little public support for polygamy, I am not saying it is right, I am saying it is true.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182580 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I usually call it FUX News.
You would think after what happened in November, folks would quit FUX News, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#182581 Mar 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Yes.... we all know marrying trees and goats falls under same sex marriage. You are a complete dullard.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182582 Mar 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182583 Mar 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic of this form is specifically the judge overturning Prop 8 which had nothing whatsoever to do with polygamy which was illegal before and will continue to be illegal after it is overturned, don’t play stay on topic with me kiddo, I have been on topic, you are the one that keeps twisting Prop 8 to be about something it is not about.
You note my comments about image, and forget them as if that issue does not exist, and then I remind you again.
SSM did not have a bad image problem, homosexuality did, but homosexual crimes were not blamed by the perpetrators specifically with rights under Same Sex Marriage.
NOT true about polygamy, criminals HAVE and STILL use polygamy as an excuse to perpetrate their crimes, and those criminals are what the majority of people see as the forefront of polygamy.
Until that is addressed, there will be little public support for polygamy, I am not saying it is right, I am saying it is true.
UGH! So he repeats it again.

If the other laws against polygamy were repealed except PROPOSITION EIGHT, PROPOSITION EIGHT will be the only thing making polygamy illegal in California. And there's your topic.

Your "criminals use polygamy to perpetuate their crimes" schtick is utter bullsh!t. Don't you realize how stupid an argument that is? There are perfectly good laws against all the crimes your ignorance conjures up.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182584 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.... we all know marrying trees and goats falls under same sex marriage. You are a complete dullard.
That's the argument your sidekick Big D uses against poly marriage.
It's not my dumb argument. It's his.

I'm just pointing out it was stupid when used against same sex marriage, and it's EQUALLY stupid when used against poly marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182585 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
http://foxnewslies.net/
But this is even better: http://sayitaintsoalready.com/2011/03/02/fox-...
Fox Shut Out of Canada Because of a Law Against Lying During Newscasts
Straight from the horse's mouth, X Box.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182586 Mar 4, 2013
So is the present argument against polygamy that FOX news is biased?

Big D? X-Box?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brisbane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 48 min Cali Girl 2014 56,010
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 2 hr hollyweird 2,275
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr WARRIOR 19,223
Notes from the Campaign Trail: The Best and Wor... 11 hr Quan must be gone 1
The Church 14 hr nOgOd 25
California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 17 hr free for all 5,081
A Walk Among the Tombstones in The War on Culture Sat Culture Auditor 1
•••

Brisbane News Video

•••
•••

Brisbane Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Brisbane People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••