Oakland officials drop ball on crime

Oakland officials drop ball on crime

There are 2 comments on the SFGate story from Dec 4, 2012, titled Oakland officials drop ball on crime. In it, SFGate reports that:

On more than one occasion I've heard politicians dredge up the old adage "You cannot arrest your way out" of a crime problem.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

Disgusted with Oakland

Livermore, CA

#1 Dec 5, 2012
Best damned article I've read yet describing the causes of Oakland's out of control crime wave. At this point in time, the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of Mayor Jean Quan. In another life, Quan must have been the Captain of the Titanic, who's actions led to the destruction of property and the death of hundreds as well. It's time for Chief Jordan to stop being Quan's useless puppet, grow a set, and start speaking out against his incompetent boss: Quan. A successful mayoral recall would have started Oakland on the path to recovery. Don Perata must be quite amused by all this.
Curious

Livermore, CA

#3 Dec 6, 2012
Can anybody explain Quan's confused deer in the headlights look she is always giving the press? And where is the FBI? Quan said the FBI were going to step in and help Oakland's crime problem. Or was that just another Quan lie? What about Quan's crime plan? Whatever happened to that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brisbane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wells Fargo Gets Fined a billion Dollars 3 hr Wishing 1
News Reputed Gang Member Faces New Charges 4 hr Eye 4 N Eye 2
News Mayor Libby Schaaf helps rescue famous Oakland ... 4 hr Eye 4 N Eye 2
News Some Oakland churches offer drastic advice: Sto... 5 hr jbalsak 1
News California: The Crazy State 14 hr Raydot 262
News Prosecutor Charged With Suppressing Evidence In... Wed debbiesue 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Radio Flyer 3016 21,530

Brisbane Jobs

Personal Finance

Brisbane Mortgages