I-40 closing between Biscoe and Hazen

I-40 closing between Biscoe and Hazen

Posted in the Brinkley Forum

wondering

Brinkley, AR

#1 May 4, 2011
anyone heard about the interstate closing down today at 3 between Biscoe and Hazen
I did

Searcy, AR

#2 May 4, 2011
I heard that but I think its happening sooner than planned. I also heard the levee at Sand Hill broke about a hafe an hour ago.
I heard

Searcy, AR

#3 May 4, 2011
They shut down the west bound side and sending traffic north highway 49 to highway 64 at Fair Oaks.They will shut down the east bound side in 5 hours is the plan.
Calvin

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 May 4, 2011
Why are they shutting down I-40?
wondering

Brinkley, AR

#5 May 4, 2011
due to high water at the white river the r sending east bound traffic from little rock thru dewitt down to brinkley or forrest city and west bound traffic up 49 to 64 thru bald knob
I heard

United States

#6 May 4, 2011
not bald knob Parkin.
its me

United States

#7 May 4, 2011
Westbound traffic is re-routed through Bald Knob and Eastbound traffic is re-routed through DeWitt.
Mel

Cordova, TN

#8 May 4, 2011
Does anyone know if I can get to Low's Bridal tomorrow from Memphis, Tn? I will have to leave 2 hours before they open and have no way of knowing if I will be able to get there due to road closings? Are they even open right now? There is no message on their answering machine so I would assume they are.

Thanks!
Voodoo Chile

Brinkley, AR

#9 May 5, 2011
This morning 70 to Biscoe was blocked by the national guard. east of us i think is clear so comming from Memphis should be safe.
wondering

Brinkley, AR

#10 May 5, 2011
Mel wrote:
Does anyone know if I can get to Low's Bridal tomorrow from Memphis, Tn? I will have to leave 2 hours before they open and have no way of knowing if I will be able to get there due to road closings? Are they even open right now? There is no message on their answering machine so I would assume they are.
Thanks!
as far as i know the interstate is open from memphis to brinkley so you should be good they only shut the interstate down at the white river which is west of brinkley due to high water
huh

Cabot, AR

#11 May 5, 2011
Is the east bound 1 40 closed?
Camaro

Pflugerville, TX

#12 May 5, 2011
How long is the wait becuse I have been sitting her west bound for a hour

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brinkley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 32,740
Sonic disgusting 1 hr Carol 2
Cotton plant mayor Wed Shocked 7
Christian Trump supporters Tue destructo the clown 37
Trashy Amanda (Mar '15) Dec 3 Don90 22
who ran the Preacher off Nov 29 house of God 1
judge carruth Nov 26 uptonogood 6

Brinkley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance