A clone of Mr.Randolph

Posted in the Brinkley Forum

If Only

United States

#1 Nov 27, 2011
If we had a clone of Mr. Randolph! He nurtured us and cared about his students! Mr. Randolph kept us together even when we did not listen! We had issues as a student body! But in the end we were a family! Everything so political! No one cares anymore! Nurture vs. Nature ! No nurture of our children to make them feel good about themselves from the teachers or facility! They need to be replaced with clines of our old teachers who cared and nurtured us! So sad and disappointed with Brinkley Public Schools!
That is right

Ward, AR

#2 Nov 27, 2011
That is right, Mr. Randolph was the best, but he did not take any shit off the fools, that cried discrimination. He did what was right and looked into the matter with both eyes open. I know because a black boy threaten my daughter at school I went to Mr. Randolph and he took care of the thug, witch is now 21 years later steal in the pen. He was fair to both sides of the coin and that is how it has got to be. Just because a person is black, does not mean that they can not be prejudice.
IF ONLY

Canton, TX

#3 Nov 27, 2011
That is right wrote:
That is right, Mr. Randolph was the best, but he did not take any shit off the fools, that cried discrimination. He did what was right and looked into the matter with both eyes open. I know because a black boy threaten my daughter at school I went to Mr. Randolph and he took care of the thug, witch is now 21 years later steal in the pen. He was fair to both sides of the coin and that is how it has got to be. Just because a person is black, does not mean that they can not be prejudice.
I agree with you! It was fair on both sides! We had six black cheerleaders and six white! It would not have been a problem! AT ALL! HE WELCOMED CONCERNED PARENTS! DID NOT NEED ISS OR ANYTHING! THE STUDENTS ACTUALLY FEARED AND RESPECTED TEACHERS! THE TEACHERS WERE COMPASSIONATE AND CONCERNED!
That is right

Ward, AR

#4 Nov 27, 2011
What does that mean six white cheerleaders and six black cheerleaders, are you saying that if we have 22 football players that 11 should be white and 11 black. Or should the Basketball team have two and a half white players and two and a half blacks. Get real all the kids have the same opportunity to do what they want, it is the parents responsibility to see that their grades are up to qualify them to play, the parents responsible to get them to practice, to support their child not the school.
IF ONLY

United States

#5 Nov 28, 2011
That is right wrote:
What does that mean six white cheerleaders and six black cheerleaders, are you saying that if we have 22 football players that 11 should be white and 11 black. Or should the Basketball team have two and a half white players and two and a half blacks. Get real all the kids have the same opportunity to do what they want, it is the parents responsibility to see that their grades are up to qualify them to play, the parents responsible to get them to practice, to support their child not the school.
It is just the way things were done so we would not have the issue of a lawsuit! The cheereleading was bias but that is the past!
Opinion

United States

#6 Nov 28, 2011
I believe that they should split half and half on the Homecoming Court. There are 2 maids, one white one black for each grade. 2 white/2 black for seniors and the Queen can be either or.

Same thing for Sweetheart Pageant!
abc

United States

#7 Nov 28, 2011
Adults make color an issue. The kids don't really care. Racism is learned and passed from generation to generation.
If Only

United States

#8 Nov 30, 2011
Adults do but that the way things was too keep lawsuits and issues pertaining to race!
abc

United States

#9 Nov 30, 2011
My point exactly. smh
True

Charlotte, NC

#10 Nov 30, 2011
There aren't many kids at BHS that see race as an issue, and most actually laugh at the fact it is brought up so much by ADULTS.
Old school

United States

#11 Dec 3, 2011
Opinion wrote:
I believe that they should split half and half on the Homecoming Court. There are 2 maids, one white one black for each grade. 2 white/2 black for seniors and the Queen can be either or.
Same thing for Sweetheart Pageant!
This is how it used back to be when I was in school...every other queen was white or black ..1 one year the other the next!
Sad

United States

#12 Dec 9, 2011
It's sad that this person believes Brinkley teachers don't care about or nuture their students. Why not ask some students? I know for a fact that there are teachers at Brinkley who DO! Take a look at the teachers who arrive before school and stay late in the afternoons without pay to help students who need it! Take a look at the teachers who spend their off school hours supporting students in school activities when their own parents don't show up! Take a look at the teachers who take kids home after a school activity because no one showed up to pick them up! Take a look at the teachers who see an upset child and immediately drop what they are doing to comfort that child and try to help! Take a look at the teachers who talk to their students motivating and inspiring them to do something better with their lives inspite of all of the people who constantly tell these students that they are no good and that they won't ever amount to anything! Take a look at the teachers who spend their own money on these students so that they have school supplies and other necessities! Take a look at teachers who quietly donate money so that some students can eat on a school trip! Brinkley teachers don't care? BS! Brinkley teachers care more than some of these kids own families do!
student

Cabot, AR

#13 Dec 10, 2011
Good Man!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brinkley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kg 1 hr dontworry 4
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 2 hr Just asking 10,063
Crystie CiCi Clemons 10 hr Dabbo 1
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 11 hr GuEst 29,898
stewart coburn Mon stewart 12
complain on Kroger 1-800-krogers (Apr '12) Mon fix it please 30
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) Sep 27 Guest 854

Brinkley Jobs

Brinkley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brinkley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brinkley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]