fed-up

Morocco, IN

#1 Jul 15, 2012
Just when I thought ridout was getting better, they come up with this NO PICKING RULE, what the hell who wants lumber that has knot holes, half the board missing, rotten, and basically not worth a damn. Because ridout gets screwed by their supplier when the material is delivered, and apparently don't have a agreement with the supplier to return unfit lumber, its easier to pass the shit on to the customer. Until this policy is changed I'll drive 60 miles to get a product that I would be satified with.

United States

#2 Jul 15, 2012
fed-up wrote:
Just when I thought ridout was getting better, they come up with this NO PICKING RULE, what the hell who wants lumber that has knot holes, half the board missing, rotten, and basically not worth a damn. Because ridout gets screwed by their supplier when the material is delivered, and apparently don't have a agreement with the supplier to return unfit lumber, its easier to pass the shit on to the customer. Until this policy is changed I'll drive 60 miles to get a product that I would be satified with.
They had that Rule when Harold was there. Most places do. I aintb buying my lumber there!
Yeah

United States

#3 Jul 15, 2012
Every time I get wood from them it's mostly crap but sometimes I don't have a choice when I'm in a hurry. I hate going there.
O My

Jacksonville, AR

#4 Jul 15, 2012
That is what happens when you are the only game in town, but the tide will turn one day. People will go to Little Rock or Stuttgart and buy their main material and just come by Ridouts and buy nails, caulk and plumbing supplys.

United States

#5 Jul 15, 2012
O My wrote:
That is what happens when you are the only game in town, but the tide will turn one day. People will go to Little Rock or Stuttgart and buy their main material and just come by Ridouts and buy nails, caulk and plumbing supplys.
When that tide turns Brinkley will lose rideouts. Support this town business or they all leave.
Well now

Liverpool, TX

#6 Jul 15, 2012
I'll drive somewhere else before going there, even for a lb of nails. They are too arrogant and hard to deal with for me to darken their doors. I thought the new manager might be better, I tried a couple of times to do busness with him, no different.
lol

United States

#7 Jul 15, 2012
You+old manager =you unhappy!
You+new manager=you unhappy!
Looks like the only thing that stayed the same is You and you unhappy! Sounds like you may be the problem. Lol
customer

United States

#8 Jul 16, 2012
I know several ppl who wont go there but for the majority, they do. I use rideouts as much as necessary. Brinkley is loosen all businesses and pretty soon will be like cotton plant and Clarendon with just a few stores left. Dont want that now do we?
kickindoors

Brinkley, AR

#9 Jul 16, 2012
u haveto go to lowes in searcy, they have better lumber andcheape, they have the right plumbing supplies not just to get u by but up to state codes,u cant get but i kind of cheap construction grade interior door and they have no sweep sewer fittings just vent style.no wonder people have so many problems here.
kickindoors

Brinkley, AR

#10 Jul 16, 2012
lol wrote:
You+old manager =you unhappy!
You+new manager=you unhappy!
Looks like the only thing that stayed the same is You and you unhappy! Sounds like you may be the problem. Lol
no the same people that was there before harold moved on are still there his son stepped in his place,so basically harold still runs it just not officially
O My

Jacksonville, AR

#11 Jul 16, 2012
You don't have to go to Searcy to get quality material. Lumber 1 in Stuttgart and Vercarro in Forrest City has what you need or can get it quick.They will help you, just because their the only game in town does not give them the right to over price and be rude to their customers. If the employees run customer off that is on them not the people of Brinkley. If Ridout's wants to stay in business then they may want to act more like a business. You know that it takes customers to keep a business open, and it takes people who care to keep customers.
fed-up

United States

#12 Jul 16, 2012
Would really like to support the businesses in Brinkley, but, I'm not going to be treated like I have to do business here. If the businesses want the support of the community start treating people with respect, and courtesy,and quit passing on inferior products. The new manager at ridout is probably taking orders from someone, so if everyone stop buying lumber from them, who ever is giving the orders will relize that their product sucks,and relize the no pick rule sucks and maybe talk to their supplier intead of just passing it along to people. By the way if they get rid of the little fat short blonde with the nasty attitude it would help.
We are just Prissy
#13 Jul 17, 2012
First everybody got mad at Kroger now its Ridout. Maybe the reason the business are leaving is because they cannot deal with or make money off of us.
Yep

United States

#14 Jul 17, 2012
Want to be treated like Kings and Queens but act like jesters!!!! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brinkley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jr depriest and jason melvin (Nov '14) 11 hr My sisters keeper 41
Tammy R 12 hr whats in your pants 24
Brittany 18 hr watch your own p 11
Baker's bbq Fri Just curious 1
Tony guthrey Fri Teddy 1
Charity white (Sep '14) Jun 23 Nothing but the t... 26
Barbecue at the Heritage Inn Jun 21 Mexicant 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brinkley Mortgages