Group Opposes Madison Proposal to Reopen Shenandoah Entrance

Madison County wants to move forward with a plan to reopen its gateway into Shenandoah National Park but now, a group near the proposed park entrance is pushing back. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#49 May 19, 2013
Greene wrote:
<quoted text>
Really idiots do exist, an a sucker isborm everyday, and the polar ice caps are melting, and your brain evolved from a slug or tadpole.
Now I came from a mom and dad with enough sense to know taxing carbon output will make rich people richer, poor people poorer, and wont do a damn thing for the environment.
Or create economic incentives to find alternatives, but then again, that would be too complicated for you to understand, wouldn't it? It also has nothing to do with what you quoted, or what I posted. That would take an intelligence that has the ability to use critical thinking skill, and deductive reasoning, which is clearly much more highly developed than your parents, which must be something less evolved than a slug or tadpole.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#50 May 19, 2013
Greene wrote:
Cell phone has tiny keyboard much like your brain, so sorry about typos. Lmao
Somebody from Greene calling anyone tiny brained? Pot meet kettle, you parents were siblings, weren't they?
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#51 May 19, 2013
sez you wrote:
I like the one about cows elevating carbon emissions due to their own gas emissions. There were 10's of millions of bison running around the plains at one time, maybe its all their fault. If you don't believe man is soiling his own house your not looking around.
It really doesn't take a rocket scientist. If climate change is being accelerated by anthropomorphic activity, then it is a catch-22. A segment of the population state that it's too expensive to take action in case the data is skewed or the theory is wrong, others argue the exact opposite in case it is right, and a third segment just doesn't care. It is without a doubt a propaganda war on both sides, both sides accusing the other of being alarmists, or ambivelent of a threat.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#52 May 19, 2013
true irony wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be hard to believe, but it is 100% fact that children were sterilized and is a sad chapter in our nations history. If you do not believe it to be true, I encourage you to do some research on the subject.
At the same time as Jews were being demonized in Nazi Germany, the eugenics movement had taken a firm foothold in Virginia, a state that had begun sterilizing "immoral" female citizens.(Charlottesville now has a historical marker dedicated to Carrie Buck, one of those sterilization victims.)
One Corbin Hollow family became pretty much the poster children for Hollow Folk– and for the eugenics movement. Eugenics purveyors had a tendency to identify a problem family, explains Robinson, and a large number of Corbin children ended up sterilized and institutionalized in the Virginia Colony for the Epileptic and Feebleminded in Lynchburg.
Links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_v._Bell
http://www.uvm.edu/~lkaelber/eugenics/VA/VA.h...
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#53 May 19, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>It really doesn't take a rocket scientist. If climate change is being accelerated by anthropomorphic activity, then it is a catch-22. A segment of the population state that it's too expensive to take action in case the data is skewed or the theory is wrong, others argue the exact opposite in case it is right, and a third segment just doesn't care. It is without a doubt a propaganda war on both sides, both sides accusing the other of being alarmists, or ambivelent of a threat.
Heaven forbid we should do the right thing just for its own sake, be it walk to work, ride a bus, or get rid of those belching locomotives. Why push the odds to start with? Dumb questions but hay, we're our own worst enemy.
Madisonian

Culpeper, VA

#54 May 19, 2013
Dude wrote:
I read all of that and no where did I find anything about Madison families.
May have missed it though.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#55 May 20, 2013
Madisonian wrote:
<quoted text>
I read all of that and no where did I find anything about Madison families.
May have missed it though.
Just because it doesn't specifically cite Madison, does not mean that it did not happen.

http://www.waragainsttheweak.com/index.php...
Dodson

Warrenton, VA

#56 Jun 7, 2013
The road should open without delay, it has been closed to long as it is! Many people can enjoy what alot of people has missed. Open the road to lead to the drive!!!
Madison County residents wants this.
Thank you.
Dodson

Warrenton, VA

#57 Jun 7, 2013
Open the Hoovers Camp road to the drive.
Madison county residents want this, without delay
Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brightwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stacy Mae Dodson Nov '14 Concerned 1
Estes Mill Sep '14 fabulousc 1
Charter captains offer fishing escape for veterans Sep '14 bryanflake1984 1
Madison County Man Dead After Fla. Motorcycle A... (Mar '13) Mar '13 cathy huff 15
Who do you support for U.S. House in Virginia (... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Just say no 119
Brightwood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Brightwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brightwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brightwood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:23 pm PST