Boy rescued from Country Club of Roch...

Boy rescued from Country Club of Rochester pool

There are 64 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Jul 14, 2009, titled Boy rescued from Country Club of Rochester pool. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

Brighton Police and emergency crews responded to the Country Club of Rochester just after 12:30pm this afternoon for a child that was unresponsive in the pool at the Country Club.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#1 Jul 14, 2009
Where the hell were the lifeguards?
OMG

Batavia, NY

#2 Jul 14, 2009
What about the parents?
Mr skeptical

Englewood, CO

#3 Jul 14, 2009
Ummmm......yea, kids have this nasty habit of getting into things/places their not supposed to. Only takes them about 2 seconds. I don't fault anyone here (at least not yet). This is the nature of kids. Turn your head for a second, and their either jumping into the pool, running into the street, or sticking their fork into the power outlet. It's amazing any of us made it to adulthood!
Tammy

Rochester, NY

#4 Jul 14, 2009
Mr skeptical wrote:
Ummmm......yea, kids have this nasty habit of getting into things/places their not supposed to. Only takes them about 2 seconds. I don't fault anyone here (at least not yet). This is the nature of kids. Turn your head for a second, and their either jumping into the pool, running into the street, or sticking their fork into the power outlet. It's amazing any of us made it to adulthood!
I honestly couldn't agree with you more!! I have 3 girls and if I am the only one there watching them it is tough to be tending to all of them at the same time!
Frustrated in Roch NY

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jul 14, 2009
If you can't control your kids, STAY HOME until you can! They are your responsibility not everyone elses. You chose that when you refused to listen to an experienced parent discipline your child when you were too busy to pay attention the 1st time!
Tammy

Rochester, NY

#6 Jul 14, 2009
Its not about controlling your kids ....its about an accident that happened. I am thinking your such a perfect parent that you kids have never had an accident??? I am not going to sit here and judge a parent or anyone for that fact about possibly not controlling their kids. This was an accident, and yes when kids are in your lives you can expect accidents to happen!! NONE of us were there....there for NONE of know exactly what happened to this poor child!
customer

Rush, NY

#7 Jul 14, 2009
i_m_watching wrote:
Where the hell were the lifeguards?
What in the story indicates they weren't there?
whatever

Rochester, NY

#8 Jul 14, 2009
Tammy wrote:
Its not about controlling your kids ....its about an accident that happened. I am thinking your such a perfect parent that you kids have never had an accident??? I am not going to sit here and judge a parent or anyone for that fact about possibly not controlling their kids. This was an accident, and yes when kids are in your lives you can expect accidents to happen!! NONE of us were there....there for NONE of know exactly what happened to this poor child!
Well said
Mr skeptical

Englewood, CO

#9 Jul 14, 2009
Tammy wrote:
Bingo. Funny, my mother used to joke about the 'eyes in the back of her head', but she didn't mean it literally?!?! Gheeze. Kids are a challenge. It's IMPOSSIBLE to watch them every second. Especially if they have more than one. I don't have any kids, but my Ex had 3....one of them is getting into something, so you go to discipline them, and the other one is into something else. Even the best parent cannot be there every second...regardless of those who claim they can be.

Notice how people are already trying to blame the mother already?@?! Gheeze!
Sage

United States

#10 Jul 14, 2009
customer wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the story indicates they weren't there?
The story was updated. Originally, it didn't mention any lifeguards, or that it was a day camp.
Mr skeptical

Englewood, CO

#12 Jul 14, 2009
bmg concern wrote:
those rich kid's should drown anyway...
What's with this hatered for the rich? Oh, yea, that's right; jealousy by people who don't want to work hard for what they have. I forgot about the leaches of society and their hatered of the rich (who, by the way pay the majority of the taxes so BMG can collect his food stamps in the first place).
Hey, BMG: Instead of hating the rich, try joining them!...TRY WORKING HARD, getting an education, and if that doesn't work, try risking your own money to start up a business. it sure beats welfare. You should try it sometime!
Concerned

Rochester, NY

#13 Jul 14, 2009
bmg concern wrote:
Those rich kids grow up and pay taxes to support people like you. Nice grammar by the way.
customer

Rush, NY

#14 Jul 14, 2009
Sage wrote:
<quoted text>
The story was updated. Originally, it didn't mention any lifeguards, or that it was a day camp.
The story had not been updated when I made my comment.
tcp

Rochester, NY

#15 Jul 14, 2009
bmg concern wrote:
Are you some kind of idiot!!! What kind of person would write something like that. Even if your some kid trying to be funny you need to seriously get some help for writing a comment like that! The whole incident is very unfortunate and fingers should not be pointed at anyone until the real story comes to surface. We should all be praying that the child is o.k.
customer

Rush, NY

#16 Jul 14, 2009
Mr skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
What's with this hatered for the rich? Oh, yea, that's right; jealousy by people who don't want to work hard for what they have. I forgot about the leaches of society and their hatered of the rich (who, by the way pay the majority of the taxes so BMG can collect his food stamps in the first place).
Hey, BMG: Instead of hating the rich, try joining them!...TRY WORKING HARD, getting an education, and if that doesn't work, try risking your own money to start up a business. it sure beats welfare. You should try it sometime!
The 4 year old has worked hard and is paying taxes?

I agree with what you are saying but I believe he was upset about "rich kids" who have had everything handed to them. Not their parents who probably do work hard and pay for his food stamps.
red beard

Rochester, NY

#17 Jul 14, 2009
bmg concern wrote:
(YOU) need to thank this web site for NOT ALLOWING ME to tell you just what a piece of TRASH YOU ARE !!!
DMM

Schenectady, NY

#18 Jul 14, 2009
Tammy wrote:
AMEN Tammy !
cjk

United States

#19 Jul 14, 2009
10 kids in the pool, 5 lifeguards. How did this happen if the lifeguards were doing their job, thats only two kids to watch each.
Leroy Jones

Rochester, NY

#20 Jul 14, 2009
If they allowed black kids in there, a black kid would have saved the boy.
IrishEyes

Rochester, NY

#21 Jul 14, 2009
Sorry to burst your bubble bmg, but rich kids don't attend day camps, they're home in their own pools with their nannies.

With my sarcasm taken care of, in all honesty, I hope this child is okay. I have two children of my own. I know how quickly an accident can happen. You can't turn your back for one second. My thoughts and prayers are with this child and their family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brighton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Lovely Warren announced that the red lig... 7 min Ha Ha 10
I'm In For A Very Long Day!!! 22 min IescapedNY 3
Maquette Simmons, Wal Mart Face Crusher Skips C... 30 min IescapedNY 2
Welcome Back PigPen. You Sure Spanked South Wed... 1 hr IescapedNY 11
south wedge, I have questions for you 1 hr Moshe 51
The difference between IescapeNY and Moshe 1 hr Moshe 17
Moshe, I have questions for you, and you BETTER... 11 hr IescapedNY 26

Brighton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance