Old evidence at new trial

An Adams County judge Thursday ruled that notes and blood evidence taken by a now-dead investigator at a murder scene 25 years ago can be used in the case against Troy Brownlow. Full Story
First Prev
of 56
Next Last
Laura Cleveland

Tucson, AZ

#1 May 15, 2006
I don't understand the defense attorneys DEFENSE!!! Why are they trying to prove it could have been someone elses DNA at the crime scene. That is what picked him up after 25yrs and HE'S ALREADY ADMITTED HE WAS THERE!!! I hope to god for Troy's sake they have a better defense tactic than that!!! I also don't think it is right to bring up past convictions unrelated to this. The judge is already judging him to the jury. I guess if he is guilty this evidense already calls for some mistrials or appeals.
Laine Stanley

Commerce City, CO

#2 May 17, 2006
What happened to "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY"? The Prosecutors and Judge Crabtree have REPEATEDLY violated Mr. Brownlow's CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. Why? Because they want to close this case and look like hero's even if it means LOCKING UP AN INNOCENT MAN. The judge should not be allowing Troys adult criminal record in to taint the jury. TROY WAS 16 AND SCARED FOR HIS OWN LIFE! He didn't know what to do, or who he could tell. THE FEAR HE MUST HAVE FELT THAT SILENCED HIM! How many 16 yr olds know that if they know of a crime it is their "duty" to report it? How many of us have? MR. BROWNLOW WILL NOT GET A FAIR TRIAL IN ADAMS COUNTY OR BY JUDGE CRABTREE. ADAMS COUNTY PROSECUTORS AND JUDGE CRABTREE ARE GOING TO LOOK LIKE IDIOTS WHEN THE MURDERER OF NANINE GRIMES IS FOUND!
Laura Cleveland

Tucson, AZ

#3 May 17, 2006
DITO DITO DITO!!! IT ISN'T FAIR, I WAS ON A JURY A YEAR AGO AND A FEW PEOPLE ASKED IF ABOUT THE DEFENDANTS PRIOR HISTORY AND THEY WOULDN'T TELL US!!! That is not right! Judge Crabtree is on the other side, not Troy's! This is BS, he needs to stop wrecking his character before the trial. I believe Troy is innocent until the JURY finds him guilty, not Crabtree.
Meritt Hutton

AOL

#4 May 19, 2006
Laura Cleveland wrote:
I don't understand the defense attorneys DEFENSE!!! Why are they trying to prove it could have been someone elses DNA at the crime scene. That is what picked him up after 25yrs and HE'S ALREADY ADMITTED HE WAS THERE!!! I hope to god for Troy's sake they have a better defense tactic than that!!! I also don't think it is right to bring up past convictions unrelated to this. The judge is already judging him to the jury. I guess if he is guilty this evidense already calls for some mistrials or appeals.
Troy was there, so what else is needed? Guily Guilty Guilty Justice will prevail!!
Meritt Hutton

AOL

#5 May 19, 2006
Troy admitted he was there, that is all that is needed! Guilty is a fact, let him pay the penalty!!
Laura Cleveland

Tucson, AZ

#6 May 19, 2006
Think again, alot of people have been at crime scenes and were not the killers! He deserves a fair trial, because it has not been proven that he was the killer. A fair trial is out of the question now they've already said in past news articles "cold case solved" If it was solved whats the upcoming trial for? What happened to INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY??? There very may well have been someone else there, he may very well have been scared of something he seen happen and run and not tell, what makes you so certain that he was the only one there and that he for sure did it?....were you there?
Deanna Grimes

Casa Grande, AZ

#7 May 20, 2006
You would think differently if you had found your baby sister not only murdered but mutilated and abolished from the earth with 86 stab wounds. His DNA and her DNA were the only DNA found in my bedroom; go figure. The only problem here is he isn't eligible for capital punishment, where God is the one and only judge.
Laura Cleveland

Tucson, AZ

#8 May 20, 2006
I'm so sorry Deanna for your loss, I couldn't begin to understand what you found and how you coped with that all these years. I would live in fear forever. I met Troy one year before he was picked up and he was one month away from becoming my nieces father. My family and I held a high opinion of the man we knew. We basically thought he was a very caring, considerate, honest man. A person who was hopefully going to be my brother-in-law and a great dad to my niece. We were all shocked to have news like that come last year of everything that happened. Still are, and always will be. I of course would be happy to have a case solved and the killer found. I just want to be sure he did do it. We all still have a hard time believing it was him. He, in our opinion, couldn't have been the killer. Of course the evidence that we have read in papers and heard on the news is strong against him. I want to hear what comes out at the trial and then when it's over I'm sure I will know for sure what opinion to make for life. You are right, god will make justice prevail.
Laine Stanley

Denver, CO

#9 May 21, 2006
Deanna I can't imagine how you and your family have suffered because of this horrific tragedy. I've thought alot about how you've managed dealing with the murder of your sister and I am so very sorry. I have known Troy for almost 20 years and tho he's not perfect I believe he is 100% Innocent. His DNA was found and yes he admitted being there, but I believe he was trying to DEFEND your sister. Troy has had live with this every minute of everyday since. He didn't come forward out of fear the police wouldn't believe him or continue to look for the monster that brutally murdered Nanine. If this happened to my sister, I would insist these Detectives find the real murderer because the murderer is NOT sitting in Adams County Detention Facility today.
Laura Cleveland

Tucson, AZ

#10 May 21, 2006
I so very hope and pray that you are right Laine! I only knew Troy a year and I don't believe it either. I am upset at how Judge Crabtree is ruling right now, he is on the prosecution side. They don't want to be wrong about this because they are lazy and want to solve this case and close it even if they have to put away an innocent man. Think about it, that will not look good if they find him not guilty and have to let him out after they have had him for over a year locked up. Therefore the judge is already making him guilty in the papers and with the media.
rod huff

AOL

#11 May 22, 2006
i hope to see this wrapped up. this is a very hard thing for me to see because is childhood friend of mine. sincerely rod
rod huff

AOL

#12 May 23, 2006
my heart goes out to deanna, i willl contine to pray for you and youre family. just hang in their. rod
Dorothy

Rapid City, SD

#13 May 31, 2006
There was his blood all over the house, on the fence and hose and the bed, and it was his DNA, so what makes you think it was not him Laura and Laine?
Laine

Denver, CO

#14 May 31, 2006
Well for one, I know Troy! There has never been any dispute he was there. The question is why? I believe that there were other people at the house that night. I believe Troy was the only one that stood up and tried to protect Nanine and that's why his DNA was found there. Troy was 16 yrs old, scared, hurt, and in shock. He ran for his life! I believe there's leads that haven't been investigated thoroughly! I believe evidence has been mishandled by the detectives! I believe that the Prosecutors want to close this case! I believe Troy's innocence will be revealed to everyone at his trial! If Judge Crabtree allows the truth to be heard then Troy will be found Innocent!
Laura Cleveland

Tucson, AZ

#15 Jun 1, 2006
I know Troy also, I believe the same thing Laine does. We won't have to wait much longer for more evidence to come out. Trial starts Monday. I really hope and pray for it to be fair.
Concerned Citizen

AOL

#16 Jun 4, 2006
Fair for who?.. I admire loyality........but have you ever been lied to before? If you have ever read any criminal cases most friends and family of the convicted criminal would agree that they never would have suspected that of the person they believe in. A lie can be told and then it can be believed and the truth can almost be erased because the story is so unbelievable. Of course I would never want an innocent person to be sent to jail but..........be very careful of who you believe and trust in. I taught school for several years and was always amazed at the lies that even the good kids good tell. The truth would come out by means of the good cop/bad cop philosophy. It is very hard emotionaly to catch someone you believe in ...in a lie .
Laine

Denver, CO

#17 Jun 4, 2006
I appreciate your point Concerned! The Prosecution and their witnesses are the ones lying on the stand in Judge Crabtrees Court. I've heard lies but there coming from the Prosecuting Detectives and Investigators. Troy will provide information proving without any doubt that he is not the person responsible for this crime if Judge Crabtree will allow him that opportunity. Troy has paid dearly for the bad decisions he's made, but he has also been a Mentor, Big Brother, Coach, Friend and Motivator for hundreds of kids and adults over the years. My hope is Nanine's murderer will be discovered by working with Troy, not against him! No one can begin to know the grief and pain the Grimes family has endured, but if it's lies that take Troy's freedom, will justice be served? If an innocent man goes to prison, and the murderer is never found, is that justice?
Shirley Horn

Aurora, CO

#18 Jun 5, 2006
I am the cousin of Deanna & nanine. You people really should get all of your facts straight before you say anything. you don't know what it's like to live with a crime that was so gruesom and for 25 years didn't have a clue as to why or who. Now we clues, is Troy telling the truth, how can he be, he was there and has been living with this nightmare for 25years. Why did'nt he say something a long time ago? I'm sorry but how could someone live with that and never say anything. You all did'nt know Nanine. She was beautiful, so full of life and someone took that from her and her family. How dare they! You people don't even know what he did to our family! It's A nightmare and having to relive it again is so unfair.Think about that!
rod

AOL

#19 Jun 5, 2006
i agree with shirley horn. i have a daughter that is sixteen . i would be devasted if some thing ever happened to her. i will pray for the grimes family. sincerely rod
Laura Cleveland

Tucson, AZ

#20 Jun 5, 2006
I feel bad for the family too, honestly I do. I have kids, I would just die myself. Please don't be mad at us who only want a fair trial and the real killer caught. Although I do agree I don't know how it could have been kept a secret.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 56
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brighton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Brian_G 3,305
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 15 hr positronium 12,546
Nude photos of 12-year-old girl circulated via ... (Feb '10) 16 hr Eaddae 305
9news: USGS: Oil, gas at fault for Colo. earth... 20 hr Bev Jamison 1
ISSL - Bushes legacy. What is the lure? Fri Bev Jamison 2
Denver Dispatch'Awesome' Michelle Obama Thrills... Fri disgruntled reader 1
Chick-fil-A releases records of cancer survivor Fri BOb 1
•••
•••
•••