Brighton woman's Craigslist puppy pos...

Brighton woman's Craigslist puppy posting goes awry

There are 25 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Aug 3, 2010, titled Brighton woman's Craigslist puppy posting goes awry. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

BRIGHTON, Colo. - Kathryn Gold posted an ad on Craigslist for her 11-week-old shih tzu 'Kahlua' that she could no longer take care of.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Beebadee312

United States

#24 Aug 4, 2010
Dang gone shame.
Ulf Wolf

United States

#25 Aug 4, 2010
Great news item.

Perhaps I can just add to this that the best way to guard against being ripped off by online sales or auctions of any kind, Craigslist and eBay included—and whether seller or buyer—is to use a *bona fide* online escrow company. Especially for pricier items like antiques, jewelry and autos. Although it does add some cost, it takes the uncertainty out of the transaction, and that’s a small price to pay for peace of mind.

For my money, the best bona fide online escrow (and there seems to be ten fraudulent escrow sites for every bona fide one) is probably Escrow.com ( http://escrow.com ). In fact, it’s the only one that eBay recommends, and is the only online escrow company that is licensed to provide escrow services all across the United States.

Take care,

Ulf Wolf
Becky

Littleton, CO

#26 Aug 5, 2010
Sad that this happened but this girl is stupid-why would you ever take a check from someone-there is a reason a lot of businesses don't take checks anymore. If you are doing craigslist it should be cash or nothing.
Puppy Chop

Arvada, CO

#27 Aug 6, 2010
Chop the Puppy in half and divide it equally and whoever stops you and says the other person can have it is the real mother.
huh

United States

#28 Aug 6, 2010
i don't think the woman "offered" her $150 to buy the puppy. I just looked on craigslist and most of the people getting rid of their animals are ASKING for around that much, claiming that it is a re-homing fee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brighton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play the "end of the word" game (Jul '11) 2 hr Reney 4,282
Islamic Cake Bakery Call 5 hr Cake Orderer 1
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 10 hr tbird19482 30,202
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 hr GodSmacked 58,407
last post wins! (Feb '11) Dec 10 Princess Hey 26,418
the late great broncos Dec 9 OrangeCrush 6
bar lake rv (Jul '16) Sep '17 Aok 2

Brighton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brighton Mortgages