UTAH DOCTOR ARREST: Utah doctor federally charged for alleged illeg...

Full story: Fox13Now 8
A Brigham City doctor was federally charged with over 120 counts of alleged crimes regarding illegal pain pills prescriptions on Thursday. Full Story
thankful

Tremonton, UT

#1 Aug 6, 2010
Thank god they got him, He may not have pulled a gun and shot the person who died or stabbed them etc. but he is a murderer. He put the pills in the persons hands he ok'd the drugs there fore he murdered that person.I know loss and to lose someone that way is horrible take it from someone who knows murder is murder no matter how it comes about and that death was murder.
Perspective

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Aug 6, 2010
Harsh words for someone who has helped thousands get relief from chronic pain. Dr. McKay is a good doctor. This is a witch hunt. Utah is trying to address the overdose and abuse problems PATIENTS have by not following the label and taking too many pills. Unfortunately, Utah is only targeting doctors when the real problem is the overdosing patients.
Ho Lee Schhitt

Pennington, NJ

#3 Aug 6, 2010
Keep in mind that the media parrots what law enforcement tells them without question or investigation. Since the rogue DEA is involved I would reserve judgment on this doctor. The DEA is a repository for thugs who are often worse than the people they harass and arrest. I would take the word of a doctor over the word of a dea agent any day! Since they are incapable of catching real criminals they harass compassionate doctors.
Control issues

Mendon, UT

#4 Aug 7, 2010
Yes, once again, punish someone who is not afraid to give people what they need to be free from chronic pain. I just don't get it! When are people going to let others be held accountable for their choices. If people are going to be stupid and take too many pills or "abuse" them. One less idiot to deal with. Police, the State, and whoever else who has the need to control something they can't. Back off the Prescription Medication abuse issue. It is making it impossible for those of us who are using it the right way and making it harder to find doctors who are more terrified of what will happen to them if they prescribe methadone than actually help someone who needs it. Abuse is going to happen!

“the one,the only,BABETTE!!!! !”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#5 Aug 7, 2010
thankful wrote:
Thank god they got him, He may not have pulled a gun and shot the person who died or stabbed them etc. but he is a murderer. He put the pills in the persons hands he ok'd the drugs there fore he murdered that person.I know loss and to lose someone that way is horrible take it from someone who knows murder is murder no matter how it comes about and that death was murder.
well if he is giving drugs to teenagers, he is . love cat
droopy

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Jul 21, 2011
if ur grown enough to take the pills that ur stupid foult if u happen to overdose

“Chillin at the Bunny Ranch”

Since: Jun 11

Reno Nv.

#7 Jul 21, 2011
thankful wrote:
It's not murder the doctor didn't force the patient to take the pills. So liquor store owners are murderers to because people die from alcoholism ? This is why it's hard to get pain medication now. If a doctor tries to help pain suffers some people consider him a drug dealer or a murderer. People have to start taking responsibly for their own actions & stop blaming doctors.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#8 Jul 21, 2011
Sonya25 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not murder the doctor didn't force the patient to take the pills. So liquor store owners are murderers to because people die from alcoholism ? This is why it's hard to get pain medication now. If a doctor tries to help pain suffers some people consider him a drug dealer or a murderer. People have to start taking responsibly for their own actions & stop blaming doctors.
I whole heartedly agree with you Sonya! It is easier for some people to blame someone else for the bad things that happen to them than it is to take a look in the mirror & take any responsibility for the choices & actions we make! The doctor prescribes 1 tablet 4 times a day & only as needed for pain! The patient is the one who takes 20 at one time so he can get high & causes the overdose! People need to take some personal responsibility for our health & well being! We need to have respect for these medications or we will suffer the consequences with only one person to blame-ourselves! If the patient is a minor I must ask....where are the parents? My children never went to the doctor alone, without me! They also were never put in charge of their own medications, not even antibiotics! Theyre kids & its a parents job to protect their children, even from themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brigham City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Railroaded? Pleasant View Police Chief Jackson ... Jul '14 peg 1
Some LDS Women Wear Pants to Church in Protest (May '13) May '14 NonDramaQueenWoman 11
Brigham City floral shop brightens day of those... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Pam Wells 1
StandardNET/Standard-Examiner (Jul '08) Sep '13 Cortez 2
Pilot lands plane before dying (Jun '06) Jul '13 VSOP 9
where can I find h around here?!! (Feb '13) Mar '13 opiate addict 5
pioneer pond fishing (Aug '12) Dec '12 thefisher 2

High Wind Watch for Box Elder County was issued at December 28 at 3:44PM MST

Brigham City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Brigham City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brigham City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brigham City