Two Augusta County Prisoners Back in Custody After Brief Escape - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA ...

Two Augusta County prisoners escaped custody sometime early Thursday morning or late Wednesday night, but despite the dense fog and weak early-morning light, Staunton police had both prisoners in custody about 40 minutes after cops first spotted them. Full Story
joseph

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Oct 13, 2011
good they didnt get far.
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Oct 13, 2011
That takes care of THOSE work-release privileges!
Sheriff Rosco B Coltrain

Laval, Canada

#3 Oct 13, 2011
Ok boys-another 180 days for the both of you.
UMM

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Oct 13, 2011
How did someone else have to call the cops to tell them there were men beeing creepers!? Why were they not being watched a little closer!!!!
glaser slug

Scottsville, VA

#5 Oct 13, 2011
The best possible outcome would have been if they tried to accost the right person who knew how to shoot. Problem solved vice "problem addressed".
PLS

Palmyra, VA

#6 Oct 13, 2011
So is Perdue employing prisoners at less than dirt cheap wages instead of employing law abiding, tax paying citizens?
ticked off

Flourtown, PA

#7 Oct 13, 2011
augusta county has inmates working all over the valley.the companies hire them before they would someone unimployed.inmates took the custodial jobs away from staunton and waynesboro schools.they took tax paying workers jobs and put them on the street.this should not be allowed.they are called non violent inmates but i know first hand there is no such thing.i was a former correctional officer.just think they were only a couple of blocks away from two schools.make them stay in jail.do the crime do the time.
mini me

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Oct 13, 2011
Just wait and see if the corrections system here becomes privatized. You'll have the foxes in charge of the hen houses.

Since: Jul 11

Jeffersonton, VA

#9 Oct 13, 2011
Role models for the community
rick clatterbaugh

Powhatan, VA

#11 Oct 14, 2011
I work at vector industries which also hires mrrj inmates.Time after time they have proven to be the worst employees we have, yet Vector continues to hire them for some reason.Vector is a sheltered workshop that employs 90% or better mentally and physically challenged adults.These inmates don't belong here.Thats not what Vector represents.I feel one day one of the employees is going to be physically harmed by one of themand I will hold Vector accountable for that.
rick clatterbaugh

Powhatan, VA

#12 Oct 14, 2011
I also agree with ticked off.These companys and businesses are giving jobs to inmates over law abiding citizens.What does that say about these companys.Capt.R.B.Moubray is full of crap saying the have a problem with only 1% of the work release inmates.Do you think they want the public to know what the real % is.I think not

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgewater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vigil Planned in Harrisonburg for Michael Brown Nov '14 Punk Lost 2
Review: Biery & Paulette - Kathryn A Biery DDS (Jun '09) Nov '14 Chelsea 34
Section 8 gets looked down at in Harrisonburg va Oct '14 poor but clean 1
City Meth Dealer Gets 15 Years Oct '14 melmel 1
Retried Pleasant Valley Postmaster celebrated 8... Sep '14 Patty Black 1
Gery G Lucas Sep '14 Con Buster 3
#1 - NEW: Fox Bites Woman In Bridgewater Jul '14 Advantage Wildlif... 1
Bridgewater Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web