JFK statue deserves to stand proud at...

JFK statue deserves to stand proud at Statehouse

There are 5 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jul 23, 2010, titled JFK statue deserves to stand proud at Statehouse. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Here is a modest proposal to set John F. Kennedy free. The late president, in the form of a wonderful statue, has been sitting behind bars in front of the closed entrance of the west wing of the Statehouse in unhappy isolation for almost 10 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Jimbo

Westford, MA

#1 Jul 23, 2010
I disagree. Enough of the Kennedy rhetoric crap.
GunnyGirl

Quincy, MA

#2 Jul 23, 2010
Great article and I agree wholeheartedly! But get rid of the dig at Gov. Patrick, not necessary and adds nothing to the article.
STOP THE HATRED!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3 Jul 23, 2010
$60 million for Teddy? Oh, and you can't do anything for JFK, he's dead. I don't know which of the 50 states is the most corrupt, I heard it was Alaska but I would have bet on MA. Not saying that JFK was corrupt, just that the state is pathetic and we build shrines to people that put the country into $13 trillion of debt.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4 Jul 23, 2010
GunnyGirl wrote:
Great article and I agree wholeheartedly! But get rid of the dig at Gov. Patrick, not necessary and adds nothing to the article.
STOP THE HATRED!
He was an exec for CocaCola. I'm an even prouder Prepsi drinker.
disgusted

East Hampton, CT

#5 Jul 23, 2010
Fifty years ago this country elected the first Catholic president. It seems it elected the country's last Catholic president too. So rather than appropriate part of the filthy lucre earmarked for the Ted Kennedy Institute for Propaganda at UMass to go to the JFK statue, send the $60 million back to the U.S.Treasury Department to put toward this nation's deficit. How about it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgewater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is a Rent to Buy Property the Right Choice? 15 hr mstrategis 1
News John Blanding/Globe Staff Putting Tubman on the... Apr 22 Currency Exchanged 1
News Reader disappointed with city's decision on Sum... (Jan '08) Apr 20 Jeff Irvine 810 43
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Apr 17 pvalen34 551
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Mar '16 sissyskid 30
News 'I snapped'; Benoit pleads not guilty in slayin... (Mar '07) Mar '16 brant 37
Brockton Music Thread (Dec '14) Mar '16 Musikologist 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgewater Mortgages