Shaw's Supermarkets says it owns Yoke...

Shaw's Supermarkets says it owns Yoken's site

There are 3 comments on the The Union Leader story from Jun 15, 2006, titled Shaw's Supermarkets says it owns Yoken's site. In it, The Union Leader reports that:

Shaw's Supermarkets has confirmed it owns the site of the former Yoken's Thar She Blows restaurant on Route 1 but has no plans to build a new store there.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Union Leader.

Orem, UT

#1 Jun 19, 2006
As a young child, my parents use to take me and my sister to this restuarant. It had been years since have been there. About 15 years ago, I got back together with an old boyfriend (know I have been married to him for 14 years), we took a ride up to New Hampshire and stumbled across Yoken's. It brought back so many memories. Please don't tear it down, I have not brought my children there yet.
Ron Bennett

Bridgewater, MA

#2 Jun 21, 2008
one ring to rule them all--------
Sue _ Thousand Oaks- CA

Thousand Oaks, CA

#3 Jul 15, 2008
My family also would go there when I was little,(1970). I have great memories of going into the gift shop after dinner and getting some type of gum that was pretty hard and didn't taste that good, but it was supposedly made directly from tree sap, so I had to get it every time! I always wanted to go back and visit Hampton and Portsmouth, but have never made it. It leaves my heart heavy to know that Yokens is gone and I will never be able to share it with my children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgewater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Nov 21 Anonymous 546
calling all baseball fans and empty nesters!!!! Nov 20 roxbaseball 1
News Brockton church sued, alleging African gold inv... (May '12) Nov 16 rmd 5
Stacey Quish, of 34 Reid St., Raynham Ma Nov 9 Jamie Brockton 3
peanut butter squares (Nov '06) Nov 8 Trini 48
News W. Bridgewater cheerleading coach charged with ... Nov 7 Joe East Bridgewater 1
Good Electrician? (Aug '08) Sep '15 Just askin 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgewater Mortgages