Crafton police officer charged in hit...

Crafton police officer charged in hit-and-run

There are 7617 comments on the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review story from Jul 3, 2009, titled Crafton police officer charged in hit-and-run. In it, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that:

Pittsburgh Police arrested a Crafton Police officer this morning on charges he struck and killed a 24-year-old man with his vehicle, then fled from the scene, two years ago in the South Side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

“Wash Your Hands ”

Since: Sep 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#720 Sep 19, 2009
Sounds like my kind of town, I will put it on my list of places to go, thanks!
http://www.craftonpolice.org/links.htm
JOKER

Pittsburgh, PA

#721 Sep 19, 2009
Ya super great town to rob everyone . Lets read that craftonpolice.org again. 9 officers. Heck no. 8 now, and 2 out on sick leave, and 2 including their so called Chief on vacation. My math adds that up to 4 officers working. WOW I think I will spend my time in sunny Crafton, the town that loves everyone.
Skaters Rule

Pittsburgh, PA

#722 Sep 19, 2009
sounds to me that Mr Smith and Mr or Mrs Joker are a bit upset by the Mayor, the Chief, and by Dan C.. Craftons Stewart Machine seems to need a little more oil. Now maybe the Mayor will draft one of her community love letters. Skate on kids, you can't do 40 MPH. Long Live DAVID HALL
Winston Smith

Bridgeville, PA

#723 Sep 19, 2009
Skaters Rule wrote:
sounds to me that Mr Smith and Mr or Mrs Joker are a bit upset by the Mayor, the Chief, and by Dan C.. Craftons Stewart Machine seems to need a little more oil. Now maybe the Mayor will draft one of her community love letters. Skate on kids, you can't do 40 MPH. Long Live DAVID HALL
WE HAVE A WINNER!
DUMBEST COMMENT FROM A BREEDEN SUPPORTER!

Oops, you're underage.
Sorry, if you're into skateboarding, you're probably a pre-teen and you couldn't get your free shot of Banker's Club at that dive around the corner from Big Daddy's.
Instead, go get your free donut.....and remember, skateboarding on a state highway is illegal and so is fleeing a hit-and-run.

Jeezus H. Khryst, are these morons that brainless?

“Wash Your Hands ”

Since: Sep 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#724 Sep 19, 2009
With so few law enforcement personal in Crafton, Pa. it should be riddled with crime. Does all the crime get hidden form the papers? I read in these posts how corrupt things are in Crafton. One family seems to be getting trashed on a daily bases. Why hasn't the federal government been notified to investigate ? Since that did not happen one would think it is just one persons mission in life to trash others ?
PGH NATIVE

Pittsburgh, PA

#725 Sep 19, 2009
I am so proud not to live in CRAFTON...They all sound NUTS. And this w smith, should be locked up.
LOL

Bethel Park, PA

#726 Sep 20, 2009
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
WE HAVE A WINNER!
DUMBEST COMMENT FROM A BREEDEN SUPPORTER!
Oops, you're underage.
Sorry, if you're into skateboarding, you're probably a pre-teen and you couldn't get your free shot of Banker's Club at that dive around the corner from Big Daddy's.
Instead, go get your free donut.....and remember, skateboarding on a state highway is illegal and so is fleeing a hit-and-run.
Jeezus H. Khryst, are these morons that brainless?
Sounds like you sure feel the need to defend the Mayor and Chief. Maybe you are the kiss ass Mayor of Crafton writing on this blog.We all know how chummy you get with the chief.In fact people saw the two of YOU together...when you BOTH THOUGHT you weren't seen.Many people in the community liked Donnie Breeden....Maybe you have it out for him simply because he was well liked..AND YOU AREN'T. Maybe you feel the need to say what you can here...lets face it....You may NOT be Mayor for very much longer. YOU'RE A JOKE!Funny how you're trying to switch the attention anytime someone has something to say about you....Mayor. LOL
LOL

Bethel Park, PA

#727 Sep 20, 2009
Yougonow wrote:
With so few law enforcement personal in Crafton, Pa. it should be riddled with crime. Does all the crime get hidden form the papers? I read in these posts how corrupt things are in Crafton. One family seems to be getting trashed on a daily bases. Why hasn't the federal government been notified to investigate ? Since that did not happen one would think it is just one persons mission in life to trash others ?
Craftons a JOKE! An officer in charge...has been on leave for quite sometime and still takes time off for vacations.Hey wait in line other officers...lets face it....some people make more money to sit at home collecting a FALSE disability, but still make the other officers wait to take their vacation after he takes his.Wait!!!!! but he hasn't been working.Yeah....hows that work?? Donnie Breeden won his civil service hearing years ago...because ...he was UNFAIRLY treated.Thats why he won.Pissed the Chief off because the one officer that wouldn't put up with his sh*$ won a civil service hearing.The Mayor and Chief have had a thing for many years.They both cheat! Oh...and in case you haven't noticed Donnie Breeden DOES have a degree in Criminology...so...OBVIOUSLY he earned his job on HIS OWN MERIT! You try displaying an attitude that you think is cute, but anyone that knows YOU ...knows YOUR A TRUE [email protected]&^%(Winston)

“Wash Your Hands ”

Since: Sep 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#728 Sep 21, 2009
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Craftons a JOKE! An officer in charge...has been on leave for quite sometime and still takes time off for vacations.Hey wait in line other officers...lets face it....some people make more money to sit at home collecting a FALSE disability, but still make the other officers wait to take their vacation after he takes his.Wait!!!!! but he hasn't been working.Yeah....hows that work?? Donnie Breeden won his civil service hearing years ago...because ...he was UNFAIRLY treated.Thats why he won.Pissed the Chief off because the one officer that wouldn't put up with his sh*$ won a civil service hearing.The Mayor and Chief have had a thing for many years.They both cheat! Oh...and in case you haven't noticed Donnie Breeden DOES have a degree in Criminology...so...OBVIOUSLY he earned his job on HIS OWN MERIT! You try displaying an attitude that you think is cute, but anyone that knows YOU ...knows YOUR A TRUE [email protected]&^%(Winston)
WOW inside Crafton, Population ??? Who cares, Get over it, Just keep bitching and moaning about It, are you jealous , crazy, or both?

“Sub sinks at the Point. ”

Since: Sep 08

Pittsburgh DUH!!

#729 Sep 21, 2009
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm... ]
some more bad cops...
Clear Conscience

Irvine, CA

#730 Sep 21, 2009
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Craftons a JOKE! An officer in charge...has been on leave for quite sometime and still takes time off for vacations.Hey wait in line other officers...lets face it....some people make more money to sit at home collecting a FALSE disability, but still make the other officers wait to take their vacation after he takes his.Wait!!!!! but he hasn't been working.Yeah....hows that work?? Donnie Breeden won his civil service hearing years ago...because ...he was UNFAIRLY treated.Thats why he won.Pissed the Chief off because the one officer that wouldn't put up with his sh*$ won a civil service hearing.The Mayor and Chief have had a thing for many years.They both cheat! Oh...and in case you haven't noticed Donnie Breeden DOES have a degree in Criminology...so...OBVIOUSLY he earned his job on HIS OWN MERIT! You try displaying an attitude that you think is cute, but anyone that knows YOU ...knows YOUR A TRUE [email protected]&^%(Winston)
Well, a degree in Criminology? IUP, correct?
That actually hurts his cause.
Not that he has a degree in Criminology or that it's from IUP, but it will makes his Bachelor's look like a degree in CRIMINALITY in front of a jury.
It reminds me of an old TV program from the late 1960s starring Robert Wagner.
"It Takes a Thief".

Well, I'm sure that IUP degree also carries more weight than, let's say an education acquired at Quantico?
Good job, LOL, please keep posting.
LOL

Bethel Park, PA

#731 Sep 21, 2009
Clear Conscience wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, a degree in Criminology? IUP, correct?
That actually hurts his cause.
Not that he has a degree in Criminology or that it's from IUP, but it will makes his Bachelor's look like a degree in CRIMINALITY in front of a jury.
It reminds me of an old TV program from the late 1960s starring Robert Wagner.
"It Takes a Thief".
Well, I'm sure that IUP degree also carries more weight than, let's say an education acquired at Quantico?
Good job, LOL, please keep posting.
LOL...Hey I will.
LOL

Bethel Park, PA

#732 Sep 21, 2009
PGH NATIVE wrote:
I am so proud not to live in CRAFTON...They all sound NUTS. And this w smith, should be locked up.
Ditto
Newby

Bethel Park, PA

#733 Sep 21, 2009
ahhhh I see Cathy hasn't opened her big trap lately.It appeared she spoke to everyone as a they were idiots (as they were trying to stand behind her).Shes probably better off.
Cathy

Worcester, MA

#734 Sep 21, 2009
Newby wrote:
ahhhh I see Cathy hasn't opened her big trap lately.It appeared she spoke to everyone as a they were idiots (as they were trying to stand behind her).Shes probably better off.
Your statement makes you sound like an idiot...it doesn't make sense!!
There are a select few people on topix who Are idiots, others may be good people and they have made good points... I am sure that most people on this Crafton form know that anything I say has nothing to do with them... I'm just refering to the idiots who hang and party with the "cop" and try to defend his "good name".
EYE on Town

Bridgeville, PA

#735 Sep 21, 2009
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you sure feel the need to defend the Mayor and Chief. Maybe you are the kiss ass Mayor of Crafton writing on this blog.We all know how chummy you get with the chief.In fact people saw the two of YOU together...when you BOTH THOUGHT you weren't seen.Many people in the community liked Donnie Breeden....Maybe you have it out for him simply because he was well liked..AND YOU AREN'T. Maybe you feel the need to say what you can here...lets face it....You may NOT be Mayor for very much longer. YOU'RE A JOKE!Funny how you're trying to switch the attention anytime someone has something to say about you....Mayor. LOL
Ha Ha Ha! "Big Mommy Inc."
EYE on Town

Bridgeville, PA

#736 Sep 21, 2009
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Craftons a JOKE! An officer in charge...has been on leave for quite sometime and still takes time off for vacations.Hey wait in line other officers...lets face it....some people make more money to sit at home collecting a FALSE disability, but still make the other officers wait to take their vacation after he takes his.Wait!!!!! but he hasn't been working.Yeah....hows that work?? Donnie Breeden won his civil service hearing years ago...because ...he was UNFAIRLY treated.Thats why he won.Pissed the Chief off because the one officer that wouldn't put up with his sh*$ won a civil service hearing.The Mayor and Chief have had a thing for many years.They both cheat! Oh...and in case you haven't noticed Donnie Breeden DOES have a degree in Criminology...so...OBVIOUSLY he earned his job on HIS OWN MERIT! You try displaying an attitude that you think is cute, but anyone that knows YOU ...knows YOUR A TRUE [email protected]&^%(Winston)
Ha ha ha!!! That's right Crafton is a JOKE! Way tp put it "Big Mommy Inc." Merit! Funny!
EYE on Town

Bridgeville, PA

#737 Sep 21, 2009
Skaters Rule wrote:
sounds to me that Mr Smith and Mr or Mrs Joker are a bit upset by the Mayor, the Chief, and by Dan C.. Craftons Stewart Machine seems to need a little more oil. Now maybe the Mayor will draft one of her community love letters. Skate on kids, you can't do 40 MPH. Long Live DAVID HALL
Yes! Give all the kids their skateboards back! Then when they surf into Big Daddy's parking lot, fall down and crack their skulls open - their parents can sue his ass off. Maybe they their lawyers can even get their hands on part of the nice big house his ex-wife gets to live in, too! Great divorce settlement there. Way better than his dingy apartment!
"Big Daddy" isn't too smart :(

Skateboard on kids - and don't worry about those helmets - you don't need them!

ha ha ha!!!!!
Clear Conscience

Irvine, CA

#738 Sep 21, 2009
Yougonow wrote:
With so few law enforcement personal in Crafton, Pa. it should be riddled with crime. Does all the crime get hidden form the papers? I read in these posts how corrupt things are in Crafton. One family seems to be getting trashed on a daily bases. Why hasn't the federal government been notified to investigate ? Since that did not happen one would think it is just one persons mission in life to trash others ?
Why hasn't the federal government been notified to investigate ?

To answer your question "Yougonow" it gets bumped to the State AG office first since this particular crime that is the subject here on Topix did not occur with a Fed employee, or on Fed property or across state lines.
But hey, you never know, considering the co-conspiracy, maybe it has already?
Maybe it has.
If you're talking about the general lunacy of the perp's defenders here, you're correct. Maybe a RICO would be a good idea.
We'll just have to wait for the Pre-Trial Conference to see how the perp pleads. I don't see that happening before 2010.

“Sub sinks at the Point. ”

Since: Sep 08

Pittsburgh DUH!!

#739 Sep 21, 2009
crafton police must really suck at everything,, I went past the 7-11 gas station and it was closed at night due to robbery..:(
For those that dont know the area .. Crafton police are only 2 doors over..
I really never had any problems there,, ran a light or 2 and had gotten a warning..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In need 11 hr Dog Lover 10
Trump and Republicans to Privatize Soc.Security... 15 hr MarkJ- 42
Black people (Oct '16) Thu Clayton Bigsby 7
Swingers (Oct '16) Thu Annie Pazooda 9
Looking to get numb Wed Jthm 3
News Grand China Buffet in Bridgeville hit with cons... Nov '16 BBBorris 1
88 SPA - Why is this open? (Sep '12) Oct '16 Bob 27

Bridgeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgeville Mortgages